+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,

I hope everyone is ready to apply for Citizenship next month. Please copy & paste below link in your web browser and remove space from http because I was not able to share link that`s why i had come up with work around.

h t t p://goo.gl/yyyG4K

Thanks & Good luck to everyone!

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,

I hope everyone is ready to apply for Citizenship next month. Please copy & paste below link in your web browser and remove space from http because I was not able to share link that`s why i had come up with work around.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I know you are super excited to submit your application right away, but if I were you, for every trip I had, I would buffer a few days more than 1095 days. Also make sure that you are eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.
One other thing, If you guys know each other in person (or you know anyone who has applied or is applying for citizenship), it helps a lot to check each other forms to make sure you are not missing anything.

Good luck!

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
gst8486 said:

Steps for Citizenship Application preparation:

Download the forms from following
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp

Also read the application guide available on the above link.

Get your photographs done too, make sure they are as per citizenship application specs, and don't forget to get it stamped at the back
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

You will need the following documents

- Application Form - Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and foreign addresses where you lived
- Don't leave any column empty, for any non applicable column put “N/A”

- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Copy of Landing paper

- Copy of PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Driving License (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Health Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Passport page copies - Biometric Pages and Pages with entry or exit stamps (old & new)

- Copy of IELTS score card or any other CIC approved English proficiency test results (Language Proof)

- TRANSCRIPTs from University or college you attended (Copy)

- Photos (Don't Forget to put your name at the back - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Fee Receipt

Pay online for your application https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Make sure you keep a copy of full application package before mailing it. Send it via courier even if you have to pay extra.There is a different address in case you want to send via courier

Good, thanks. For passport, it's only biometric pages; requirement does not necessitate any other pages

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
fsidki said:
Hi,

I added myself to the list. I hope everyone does the same, so that we can track our applications together.

Good luck to all, only about 3 weeks left.

Good luck to all.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, hope everyone's application is moving at a good pace :)

I am putting together my documents. I had a bit of traveling in the last 4 years so decided to wait for around 4 weeks before sending the application this Monday. I need your help with question 5(E).

I have been a resident of Toronto since arriving in Canada. Two years ago, I worked for a company in Vancouver for a month. During that time I stayed at a friend's place in Vancouver. My paychecks and T4 have my friend's address. However I was still keeping my Toronto apt. and paying rent.

I am confused as to which of the addresses should I put in the application. As I was physically working at company location in Vancouver and living in Vancouver too. But also I was keeping my apt in Toronto and paid rent here.

I very appreciate your help in anticipation!!

Best,

mirki

Jun 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

Two questions to you:

1. I fulfill the residency requirements on May 27th. And I am planning to submit the application on May 28 with UPS (should be there on May 29). Any thoughts? I don't want t to risk it, if the law gets implemented on June 1st. I have entry-exit stamps in my passport, hopefully those will satisfy the CIC.

2. What exactly happens after I submit the application? I will be out of Canada for four months from early june to late September. Will I need to follow-up anything? I assume they wouldn't call me for citizenship test earlier than 4 months. Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks and good luck everyone.

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
@mirki
I am in the exactly same situation and as applying on 26th, am also travelling soon after that for 2 months or soo, but I believe they would not call but only send email or letter so... it will take time until u get the letter for test or oath...!!! cheers

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Those Applicants who traveled US a lot can now check their exit and entry date online, this can help in avoidng any hickups due to variation/ difference in date entered in the application, check the below link:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html;jsessionid=xsK9VD1SLWFw3l0cmvSBM7SvKtDF7k5VGCmzrQv9SFlDJY6Mdzpd!975261647

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
I will be submitting our applications in a week too. Am gathering the documents right now and noticed that the photos taken at London Drugs are slightly smaller than the requirement of 35x45mm. It came out to be 35x43 mm and 35x44 mm.

I am wondering if I should get the photos re-taken? This is so annoying since I had brought the requirement to London Drugs. Yet, there are discrepancies..... :-(

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
low said:
I will be submitting our applications in a week too. Am gathering the documents right now and noticed that the photos taken at London Drugs are slightly smaller than the requirement of 35x45mm. It came out to be 35x43 mm and 35x44 mm.

I am wondering if I should get the photos re-taken? This is so annoying since I had brought the requirement to London Drugs. Yet, there are discrepancies..... :-(
Just take your receipt there and they will take it again for you for free.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It may not be a big issue since just 2 mm, but better to go and talk to London Drug, they must reprint the photos free of charge.

low said:

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Can't believe, we're in may already... Nd may thread is running over 5 pages on day 1. Ne body sent their packages day 1?

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am going Costco to do my picture today....Anyone read anything bad about Costco regarding Citizenship pictures...???

Please copy & paste below link in your web browser and remove space from http because I was not able to share link that`s why I had come up with work around.

Thanks friends for joining already.

malimm0a
na123
nubee
Destined
Ottawanboy

Good luck to everyone including myself...;)

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Question : Who can sign the picture on the back "I Certify this to be a true likeness of"....??