Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
So i guess there is no hope anymore for people who are not from Vancouver to celebrate Christmas as citizens, right?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Bigudi said:
So i guess there is no hope anymore for people who are not from Vancouver to celebrate Christmas as citizens, right?
Many of us don't celebrate that anyway.

I'm actually super excited about my timing, it falls on the 3rd day of the new year for me (3rd of Tishrei).

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
in process from 10th :D ;D

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Vancouver is fast processing when it comes to test and decision making but takes forever for oath. I think other offices are the other way around. The target for CIC offices around the country to complete the process in 12 months or less. Will see.

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
my son Kuro got the test invite from surrey bc office. his test date is 29-09-2015. Please add the information on the sheet and oblige.

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Good today i came back from alaska cruise and i have seen that my file went into INPROCESS on 1 sept 2015. so please mark blue and oblige

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Any one from Vancouver has their decision made yet? I had mine on Sep 9, was wondering how long does it take to hear from CIC re the outcome???

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Badshah bhai said:
my son Kuro got the test invite from surrey bc office. his test date is 29-09-2015. Please add the information on the sheet and oblige.
Badshah bhai said:
Good today i came back from alaska cruise and i have seen that my file went into INPROCESS on 1 sept 2015. so please mark blue and oblige
You know you can update the tracker, right? It doesn't have to be a specific person to do this.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ahm2299 said:
Any one from Vancouver has their decision made yet? I had mine on Sep 9, was wondering how long does it take to hear from CIC re the outcome???
From the tracker, there's quite a few people with DM already. But apparently nobody heard from CIC yet.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
MiriamT said:
Many of us don't celebrate that anyway.

I'm actually super excited about my timing, it falls on the 3rd day of the new year for me (3rd of Tishrei).

Gee, man. That's not what I meant, and I think you know it. I meant something “I wish I had my citizenship before the ear ends”.
I am not a Christian myself, but since you brought that up, I do have a strong opinion bout it.

I strongly believe that we have to integrate to the culture of the country that we freely CHOSE to live. Canada celebrates Christmas. It is not even a religious celebration anymore; it's just a big cultural festivity.

Not only I do not see anything wrong in being part of it, but also I believe we HAVE to. We HAVE to make effort to be part of the culture of this country.

I would the same in any country I choose to live. Big innocent cultural festivities are the minimum we can do. That is the easy part, actually.

But than again, that's just my (very) strong opinion.

Anyhow... I'm glad that the timing for you is good and you can celebrate in a period that is particularly important for you.

Cheers!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Bigudi said:
Gee, man. That's not what I meant, and I think you know it. I meant something “I wish I had my citizenship before the ear ends”.
I am not a Christian myself, but since you brought that up, I do have a strong opinion bout it.

I strongly believe that we have to integrate to the culture of the country that we freely CHOSE to live. Canada celebrates Christmas. It is not even a religious celebration anymore; it's just a big cultural festivity.

Not only I do not see anything wrong in being part of it, but also I believe we HAVE to. We HAVE to make effort to be part of the culture of this country.

I would the same in any country I choose to live. Big innocent cultural festivities are the minimum we can do. That is the easy part, actually.

But than again, that's just my (very) strong opinion.

Anyhow... I'm glad that the timing for you is good and you can celebrate in a period that is particularly important for you.

Cheers!
Thanks for the xenophobic lecture that also reads and assumes way way too much into was actually written. Just out of curiosity: how familiar are you with Indigenous Canadian history, customs, religious beliefs, languages and more?

For someone with such strong opinions in being a part of this country (hint: maintaining one's religion isn't mutually exclusive with being Canadian, and Canada isn't a christian country, i.e. the State is secular - in terms, it does "recognize the supremacy of God" in the Constitution, which should be changed to reflect full secularity in my opinion - even if the majority of the country follows a specific religion), it does surprise me that you don't actually care for what the laws of the country are. I'll make it simple and bring only the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms:

"Fundamental freedoms

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) freedom of association."

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-15.html

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Also, Bigudi, please don't forget to direct your rant to the current PM who wished us a Happy New Year: http://www.conservative.ca/statement-by-prime-minister-stephen-harper-to-mark-rosh-hashanah/

And last year, using a *gasp* CANADIAN government website to do the same: http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2014/09/24/statement-prime-minister-canada-rosh-hashanah

Outrageous, innit?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
MiriamT said:
Thanks for the xenophobic lecture that also reads and assumes way way too much into was actually written. Just out of curiosity: how familiar are you with Indigenous Canadian history, customs, religious beliefs, languages and more?

For someone with such strong opinions in being a part of this country (hint: maintaining one's religion isn't mutually exclusive with being Canadian, and Canada isn't a christian country, i.e. the State is secular - in terms, it does "recognize the supremacy of God" in the Constitution, which should be changed to reflect full secularity in my opinion - even if the majority of the country follows a specific religion), it does surprise me that you don't actually care for what the laws of the country are. I'll make it simple and bring only the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms:

"Fundamental freedoms

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(a) freedom of conscience and religion;

Shabat shalom and shana tova Miriam,
May we all be written in the book of life, an happy and healthy year, amen