File Transfer...
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Passport Req..
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
Thanks lellen and rhcohen2014 for your replies on the email versus letter issue.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Onemoretime said:
Are you sure Ottawa is processing at lightening speed? The timeline for 80% still shows 15 months...one of the slowest out there. But I do know they give priorty to US applicants...
well, i can tell you the stats online are not an indicator of TODAY'S processing. if you look at my profile, you will see i was approved in 5 months. Mostly all 2014 applicants have received approval. While there are still some straglers, most are all IN PROCESS. If they aren't then they are probably marked for an interview. There are already 2 may applicants that have been approved.

The first rule of this forum is to not trust the stats posted online. Also, for a more accurate picture, it's best to take a look at the spreadsheet created for each visa office. you can see from the ottawa spreadsheet below, a majority of 2014 applicants have already been approved, have landed or are landing this month. so yeah, i'd say ottawa is currently processing at lightening speed. The fact you have to question this suggests you don't follow the Ottawa visa office or know that the stats posted online are NOT ACCURATE AT ALL!

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
well, i can tell you the stats online are not an indicator of TODAY'S processing. if you look at my profile, you will see i was approved in 5 months. Mostly all 2014 applicants have received approval. While there are still some straglers, most are all IN PROCESS. If they aren't then they are marked for an interview. There are already 2 may applicants that have been approved.

The first rule of this forum is to not trust the stats posted online. Also, for a more accurate picture, it's best to take a look at the spreadsheet created for each visa office. you can see from the ottawa spreadsheet below, a majority of 2014 applicants have already been approved, have landed or are landing this month. so yeah, i'd say ottawa is currently processing at lightening speed. The fact you have to question this suggests you don't follow the Ottawa visa office or know that the stats posted online are NOT ACCURATE AT ALL!
Darn stats!!! Starts making you second guess what you did!! I changed my VO from Ottawa to Warsaw because they had 8 month processing time vs 15 for Ottawa. Ugh. Well, I can only hope that Warsaw is "lightening" as well. ;D

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Hi guys,

I have sponsored my wife who is US citizen and her file was receiuved on May 14. We received SA on July 18>

Now my ECas status changed to "Decision Made" this morning and it says:

"We received .......'s application for permanent residence on May 14, 2014.

We started processing .......'s application on August 11, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on ........'s application. The office will contact ........ concerning this decision."

Any idea what would have been done? Should i assume that COPR is on the way.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Albertan said:
yep, if you did not have an interview, then expect the COPR in the mail! it took 5 days for it to reach me in CT. It will be a brown letter sized envelope. Congrats! third may applicant to get approved! make sure to share this in the ottawa thread so it can be tracked on the spreadsheet!!!

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
yep, if you did not have an interview, then expect the COPR in the mail! it took 5 days for it to reach me in CT. It will be a brown letter sized envelope. Congrats! third may applicant to get approved! make sure to share this in the ottawa thread so it can be tracked on the spreadsheet!!!
Thanks rhcohen for the information!!

She didn't get an interview. She is in Texas, so mail should get there by end of next week. For sure, i will keep you updated in both threads.

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
After thinking long and hard about this.... I may just withdrawal my application for family sponsorship. It's been 3 mths since I initially put my application through and constant follow ups with CIC. I'm just too stressed out with this whole process.
I have a few questions that someone here may answer or may direct me somewhere where there is an answer to these...

1. Do I get my whole money back with the $75 since they have not processed it?
2. Would they send back all of my documents? and how long would it take them to return my paperwork?
3. Can I still use my medicals if I apply under something else? or would I have to redo them? I know they asked me what I'm applying under when I did the medicals.

You guys here have been awesome and best of luck in obtaining your PR's :)

MrsMissingThem

Jul 14, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13, 2014
AOR Received.
SA -> JUL 14, 2014
Med's Done....
April 17, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AUG 11, 2014 / InProcess: AUG 18, 2014 / DM: Sep 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep, 19, 2014 / Received: Oct 2, 2014
LANDED..........
October 8, 2014
yokies said:
After thinking long and hard about this.... I may just withdrawal my application for family sponsorship. It's been 3 mths since I initially put my application through and constant follow ups with CIC. I'm just too stressed out with this whole process.
I have a few questions that someone here may answer or may direct me somewhere where there is an answer to these...

1. Do I get my whole money back with the $75 since they have not processed it?
2. Would they send back all of my documents? and how long would it take them to return my paperwork?
3. Can I still use my medicals if I apply under something else? or would I have to redo them? I know they asked me what I'm applying under when I did the medicals.

You guys here have been awesome and best of luck in obtaining your PR's :)

If I withdraw my application, will I get a refund from CIC?

The fees will be refunded only if we have not started processing your application.

You will need to contact the office responsible for processing your application to request to withdraw your application. They will advise you whether you are eligible for a refund based on where your application is in the process.

But why would you want to withdraw your Application just because you're stressed?? Are you sponsoring your spouse?? sorry for asking.

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
MrsMissingThem said:
If I withdraw my application, will I get a refund from CIC?

The fees will be refunded only if we have not started processing your application.

You will need to contact the office responsible for processing your application to request to withdraw your application. They will advise you whether you are eligible for a refund based on where your application is in the process.

But why would you want to withdraw your Application just because you're stressed?? Are you sponsoring your spouse?? sorry for asking.
The whole application process is stressing me out as my work visa is going to expire and I have a good paying job as well. I will have to resign from my job and my hope was to have my permanent residency before this time. But now I am running out of time and they haven't processed my application. I will then have to be apart from my spouse for a while because I can't just stay in Canada and not have an income. I may try to apply under Canadian Experience Class and hope for the best. There are certain requirements I have to meet and I am a little bit unsure if I would be approved for this option but I'm thinking this is my only option that would keep me here, keep my job and I can be with my spouse.

zinaramirez

Aug 16, 2014
Albertan said:
Hi guys,

I have sponsored my wife who is US citizen and her file was receiuved on May 14. We received SA on July 18>

Now my ECas status changed to "Decision Made" this morning and it says:

"We received .......'s application for permanent residence on May 14, 2014.

We started processing .......'s application on August 11, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on ........'s application. The office will contact ........ concerning this decision."

*is new*

I was freaking out before I read this so I joined the forum. I'm a US citizen temporarily visiting my partner in Canada and I applied for an outland spousal sponsorship application. I just checked my status and it said this:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on August 13, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I was very worried that the speed of that decision was way too fast, but now I'm optimistic! My partner was approved as a sponsor in July sometime.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
zinaramirez said:
*is new*

I was freaking out before I read this so I joined the forum. I'm a US citizen temporarily visiting my partner in Canada and I applied for an outland spousal sponsorship application. I just checked my status and it said this:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on August 13, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I was very worried that the speed of that decision was way too fast, but now I'm optimistic! My partner was approved as a sponsor in July sometime.
yep... expect your COPR in the mail! it seems ottawa is approving may applicants already. i think all applicants between march and may are shocked by the speed of approval.

zinaramirez

Aug 16, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
yep... expect your COPR in the mail! it seems ottawa is approving may applicants already. i think all applicants between march and may are shocked by the speed of approval.
Yay!

That's pretty awesome. That basically gives people like me, without a work visa, a year of their life back. Now I'll be able to work!!!

Trav0370

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
Updated spreadsheet. We went from Stage 1 approval straight to "in process". ;D

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
yokies said:
The whole application process is stressing me out as my work visa is going to expire and I have a good paying job as well. I will have to resign from my job and my hope was to have my permanent residency before this time. But now I am running out of time and they haven't processed my application. I will then have to be apart from my spouse for a while because I can't just stay in Canada and not have an income. I may try to apply under Canadian Experience Class and hope for the best. There are certain requirements I have to meet and I am a little bit unsure if I would be approved for this option but I'm thinking this is my only option that would keep me here, keep my job and I can be with my spouse.
wouldn't you experience some sort of wait for CEC as well? is it really that much quicker to a visa?

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
wouldn't you experience some sort of wait for CEC as well? is it really that much quicker to a visa?
I can get a bridging open work permit upon AOR which means I can continue to work beyond my visa expiry.i might then put another sponsorship application through and see which one would work better for me. I need all my documents back to put the cec one through