waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
fumbler1983 said:
I was just wondering if they request your actual passport for the Ottawa office? I received an email from them, requesting a copy of my passport. Is this the actual "passport request" or was the copy I sent not adequate?
correct, that is your passport request. since you are visa exempt, it is not necessary to send your passport, only a copy of the bio page. they ask for a copy to ensure the information is the same as the copy sent in the application. those requiring visas need to send their physical passport so a visa counterfoil can be added for entry. once you send in you send it in, your status will soon change to in-process. assuming there were no other requests, and your case is straigtforward, you can probably expect a DM in about 2 weeks. Sometimes it's longer, though most of the time it's not. It took 10 days for me to go from in process to DM.

fumbler1983

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
28-09-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
correct, that is your passport request. since you are visa exempt, it is not necessary to send your passport, only a copy of the bio page. they ask for a copy to ensure the information is the same as the copy sent in the application. those requiring visas need to send their physical passport so a visa counterfoil can be added for entry. once you send in you send it in, your status will soon change to in-process. assuming there were no other requests, and your case is straigtforward, you can probably expect a DM in about 2 weeks. Sometimes it's longer, though most of the time it's not. It took 10 days for me to go from in process to DM.
OMG are you serious! That is awesome news!!! My ECAS status was changed to "in-process" now. I cannot believe that this is happening so fast. I was originally going to apply Inland too! Phew!!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
fumbler1983 said:
OMG are you serious! That is awesome news!!! My ECAS status was changed to "in-process" now. I cannot believe that this is happening so fast. I was originally going to apply Inland too! Phew!!!
welp, then get your pp in asap, so you can get in their radar for DM. yeah, ottawa is processing at lightning speed right now. i got approved 4 months before i expected to! it's pretty crazy!!!! I am certainly NOT complaining.at.all!
i believe you are the 2nd may applicant to get this far. make sure to post in the ottawa thread so your stats can be updated on the spreadsheet!

cortic

Aug 12, 2014
Hello, my partner received his approval as sponsor on August 1, 2014. The letter he received said that the application was been sent to a processing center abroad but did not specify which one. After reading this tread we started to get worried about the fact that they did not specify the office, so this morning my partner called CIC and apparently they changed a bit their process for those application that are considered simple and non-complex in order to speed up the process. these application stay in Missisauga and will be processed in that office. the visa will then come from the office abroad. Apparently mine is one of the first ones to be processed that way. the positive thing is that our case is seen as non complicate which is good but Missisauga already screwed up our application once so I just hope everything goes well.

So if the approval you received did not specify the office call the CIC and ask where your application had actually been sent. I am not sure what the parameters for "non complicate" are but I hope it really is a faster process.

I just know that I need a vacation after I get my PR. It has been very stressful 8)

ydj_dil

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
Congratulations fumbler1983 and cortic! Cortic, may I ask which visa office were you expecting the application to be sent to?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cortic said:
Hello, my partner received his approval as sponsor on August 1, 2014. The letter he received said that the application was been sent to a processing center abroad but did not specify which one. After reading this tread we started to get worried about the fact that they did not specify the office, so this morning my partner called CIC and apparently they changed a bit their process for those application that are considered simple and non-complex in order to speed up the process. these application stay in Missisauga and will be processed in that office. the visa will then come from the office abroad. Apparently mine is one of the first ones to be processed that way. the positive thing is that our case is seen as non complicate which is good but Missisauga already screwed up our application once so I just hope everything goes well.

So if the approval you received did not specify the office call the CIC and ask where your application had actually been sent. I am not sure what the parameters for "non complicate" are but I hope it really is a faster process.

I just know that I need a vacation after I get my PR. It has been very stressful 8)
interesting... where is the applicant from? it seems that so far only australian applications are staying in mississauga (as indicated in the June applicant thread). did your SA letter have an address or contact info for a visa office? Generally it doesn't actually state which office, it just is figured out by the contact information indicated in the letter.

cortic

Aug 12, 2014
I am from Switzerland and the responsible office is Paris and this is what we wrote on our forms.

the address stated on the approval is:

CPC Mississauga, Attention: FCPAPR
PO Box 6100 Station A
Missisauga ON
L5A 4H4

so we called and where told that they have a new "simplified application process" for non-complex application that are dealt directly from Missisauga. From what we understood is something very new that they are doing in order to speed up the process. I think that people still put their outland office on the form and then it will be Missisauga which decides what to do with them.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cortic said:
I am from Switzerland and the responsible office is Paris and this is what we wrote on our forms.

the address stated on the approval is:

CPC Mississauga, Attention: FCPAPR
PO Box 6100 Station A
Missisauga ON
L5A 4H4

so we called and where told that they have a new "simplified application process" for non-complex application that are dealt directly from Missisauga. From what we understood is something very new that they are doing in order to speed up the process. I think that people still put their outland office on the form and then it will be Missisauga which decides what to do with them.
yep, this seems to be consistent with the australian applicants. they received the same info. as far as i know, ottawa is still getting applications, and their processing has sped up. i'm guessing this change is for specific visa offices. this is very interesting, especially since paris and syndey were to 2 visa offices that had super fast processing in april and may, then apparently slowed down significantly this summer... now we know why!

slazam

Jul 22, 2014
I also had the Mississauga address on my sponsorship approval letter, when the expected VO was London. When I called in about a month ago, the agent informed me it was a mistake, and had in fact been sent to London. However, my ecas status changed to in-process the same day as SA, so I'm hopeful its in some new accelerated processing centre...?

hakodate

Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Passport Req..
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
My application was received May 28th. I am the sponsor and am living with my wife in China. As I had gotten no update I followed up via the on-line enquiry last Wednesday. Yesterday I received an email reply with the UIC saying the app was in process. I checked on-line with the UIC and indeed it showed app received May 28 and in process. Then today I checked and the status for sponsorship was updated to Decision Made and that a letter was mailed to me August 11. Problem is, other mail I have received from the federal government (CRA, CPP) has taken from 2 to 6 months to arrive even if sent by air mail.

Most people seem to get the SA’s by email but I believe a few just received a letter. True? If it were approved and the file subsequently forwarded to the VO, does that show up in the ECAS. Ie. is there any way of determining indirectly what the decision was before receiving the letter?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
hakodate said:
My application was received May 28th. I am the sponsor and am living with my wife in China. As I had gotten no update I followed up via the on-line enquiry last Wednesday. Yesterday I received an email reply with the UIC saying the app was in process. I checked on-line with the UIC and indeed it showed app received May 28 and in process. Then today I checked and the status for sponsorship was updated to Decision Made and that a letter was mailed to me August 11. Problem is, other mail I have received from the federal government (CRA, CPP) has taken from 2 to 6 months to arrive even if sent by air mail.

Most people seem to get the SA's by email but I believe a few just received a letter. True? If it were approved and the file subsequently forwarded to the VO, does that show up in the ECAS. Ie. is there any way of determining indirectly what the decision was before receiving the letter?
if the applicant's information is on ECAS and it says, "application was received... medicals received..." that generally means the decision was positive. thy wouldn't "receive" the applicant's application or medicals if the sponsor was found ineligible. If it's not listed yet, that doesn't mean the sponsor was denied, it just means the information hasn't been updated yet.

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
welp, then get your pp in asap, so you can get in their radar for DM. yeah, ottawa is processing at lightning speed right now. i got approved 4 months before i expected to! it's pretty crazy!!!! I am certainly NOT complaining.at.all!
i believe you are the 2nd may applicant to get this far. make sure to post in the ottawa thread so your stats can be updated on the spreadsheet!
Are you sure Ottawa is processing at lightening speed? The timeline for 80% still shows 15 months...one of the slowest out there. But I do know they give priorty to US applicants...

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
hakodate said:
Most people seem to get the SA's by email but I believe a few just received a letter. True? If it were approved and the file subsequently forwarded to the VO, does that show up in the ECAS. Ie. is there any way of determining indirectly what the decision was before receiving the letter?
My husband, the sponsor, got a letter in the mail, no email. He was approved.

hakodate

Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Passport Req..
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
if the applicant's information is on ECAS and it says, "application was received... medicals received..." that generally means the decision was positive. thy wouldn't "receive" the applicant's application or medicals if the sponsor was found ineligible. If it's not listed yet, that doesn't mean the sponsor was denied, it just means the information hasn't been updated yet.
The applicant's information does indicate app received and medicals received. It also indicated that when the sponsor status was in process (yesterday) but that was still after the purported August 11 decision date. Any idea why they wouldn't advise by email?

Thanks for the reply by the way.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
hakodate said:
Any idea why they wouldn't advise by email?
nope. it's difficult to determine why CIC does anything. some people just get notified by mail instead of email.