MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

janoo

May 16, 2014
January 2012 application.

applied January 2012.
In process. May 2012.
RQ : March 2013.
RQ : Replied 2013.

since than waiting, file with st.clair anyone in similar situation let me know.
am senior no need for test.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: January 2012 application.

Sorry to hear about the delay in your RQ processing. As far as I know, none of us, May 2013 applicants, have files stuck in the St. Clair office. Good luck to you.

janoo said:
applied January 2012.
In process. May 2012.

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: January 2012 application.

janoo said:
applied January 2012.
In process. May 2012.

Hi Janoo - I had my files stuck at St. Clair for over 3 months, but I got a test date scheduled last week.

Thanks,

Kenyadian

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats kalbad20. Good luck with the test.

kalbad20 said:
Hey guys, got a letter in the mail to show up for the test on June 10 in Vancouver.
Good luck to you all,

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just called cic . they told me i passed the test . Still they review my file for the oath . l don't know what it means . i hope they will send oath date soon.

l passed the test May 6th ( with the RQ)

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolblues1980 said:
Kenyadian, what did you decide on your oath? Were you able to postpone your vacation?
Hi coolblues,

I went in to Scarborough office with all my paperwork and managed to speak to an immigration officer. I was lucky, I walked in and he just happened to be at the front desk chatting with the security officer. He looked through my paperwork, my tickets etc and he asked me to send a cover letter with all the supporting documents and there would be no issue in changing my oath date to a month letter. He was very pleasant and seemed transparent and honest. He even gave me his name to contact should I have an issue. So a very positive experience and I have his word that I will not be pushed another year out. I have decided to request my test date to change. I have sent out the letter already, and waiting to hear back from them.

I am with holding names and details for obvious reasons, but I realized after this interaction that immigration isn't as horrible as we make them out to be. They are just doing the jobs that they are supposed to do and make Canada a safe country for all who should legally be here.

Cheers,

Kenyadian!

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi kenyadian - I haven't heard anything yet after re-submitting my RQ docs.

kenyadian said:
Hi Chandu,

What's happening with your application, have you sorted it out?

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
kenyadian said:
Hi coolblues,

I went in to Scarborough office with all my paperwork and managed to speak to an immigration officer. I was lucky, I walked in and he just happened to be at the front desk chatting with the security officer. He looked through my paperwork, my tickets etc and he asked me to send a cover letter with all the supporting documents and there would be no issue in changing my oath date to a month letter. He was very pleasant and seemed transparent and honest. He even gave me his name to contact should I have an issue. So a very positive experience and I have his word that I will not be pushed another year out. I have decided to request my test date to change. I have sent out the letter already, and waiting to hear back from them.

I am with holding names and details for obvious reasons, but I realized after this interaction that immigration isn't as horrible as we make them out to be. They are just doing the jobs that they are supposed to do and make Canada a safe country for all who should legally be here.

Cheers,

Kenyadian!
Nice. Hope you get to take your vacation, enjoy it and when you come back, have a new oath date in your mailbox :)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you pass the test and your paperwork are in order, your file goes to a citizenship judge for final approval. Then you get the oath invitation.

ozland said:
i just called cic . they told me i passed the test . Still they review my file for the oath . l don't know what it means . i hope they will send oath date soon.

l passed the test May 6th ( with the RQ)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice move, kenyadian. Hope everything turns out very well as per your plan.

kenyadian said:
Hi coolblues,

Cheers,

Kenyadian!

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
touché said:
My family and I became Canadian citizens today. Best of luck to everyone else in the queue.
Congrats! :p