+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi kenyadian - I am confused since your's was a pre-test RQ. I believe your RQ was processed before scheduling your test date. Why they will review again and what exactly they will review? Have you submitted any new documents or did they ask you for new documents?

kenyadian said:
Hi gang!

Chatted with an agent a few minutes ago. My file is finally updated with test results and comments, and has been moved back to the Scarborough office for RQ review. Agent said it should take between 2 - 6 months to schedule my Oath. I let them know that I would be out of town from May 30-June 8th in case they suggested a date for the oath during that time.

Looks like the files are finally moving. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

Cheers,

Kenyadian

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
farrous13 said:
Hi coolblues1980,
Thanks. The residence calculator takes that day into account. So overall I am missing 3 days because of this mistake and 1 day that I forgot to declare. Silly me! I will explain that to the agent.

When I ordered my GCMS notes, I have under the NOTES section a note tagged by Flagged A5. I believe it has something to do with the above missing day(s). Probably that's why my application took longer than the other applicantions from Montreal.
In my GCMS report, under Notes, I see:

Notes: 1
Created Date: <some date timestamp>
Created by : <some user ID>
Updated Date: <same date as created>
Updated by: <same user id as created>
Type: Required documents seen
Responsible Office: CPC Sydney
Description: <there wasn't anything here>

I sent in both my passport copies (new and old) with my initial application and that had all the stamps. Not sure if Required documents seen means they've validated the stamps?

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think that will be a problem since you have done your job perfectly. If someone is not doing their job perfectly, that would be either CBSA or CBP.

coolblues1980 said:
I'm trying to map all the passport stamps to my residence calculator and there are a couple of items with no stamps (both US visits crossing via land). There is no record in the US CBP or CBSA reports either of the entry/exit. Is this a problem?

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
farrous13 said:
hi Dejaavu. Thank you :)
I hope the agent will be as nice as the one you encountered. I have a 33 day buffer and I am missing 4 days on my Residence Calculator (3 because of stamp dates and 1 date that I forgot to declare). I am worried that the agent might think I am dishonest and issue an RQ. But then, the CIC might have known all along and that's why there was a delay in my application. I will do my best to explain the situation. I made a summary and I have an explanation for every single stamp on my passport. I do admit however, my passport is a mess, Visas everywhere, some expired some not along with messy scattered stamps like slushy snow.
Enjoy the rest of your day. :)
lol, same here Farrous. I look at my passport and the number of visas/stamps and if I was an immigration officer, I would just issue an RQ to save me some time going through all those stamps ;-)

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Hi kenyadian - I am confused since your's was a pre-test RQ. I believe your RQ was processed before scheduling your test date. Why they will review again and what exactly they will review? Have you submitted any new documents or did they ask you for new documents?
Hi chandu,

According to the officer I met after my test, every RQ needs an approval by the judge. In my case, the officer was satisfied by my response and the documents, and she was going to endorse my file for the judge to look at. I think at this point, if the RQ has been ok'd by the officer, the judge part is just a formality. In case the officer states there is something missing, or needs additional clarification is when folks get invited to the judge. This is what I understood from my discussion with the officer.

No new documents were submitted or requested.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Kenyadian!

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This makes total sense that each citizenship application must be approved by a citizenship judge. This is part of the process whether the applicant gets RQ'd or not. I think your oath ceremony will be much sooner than the call centre agent's speculation. Anyway, good luck and my best wishes.

BTW, I re-submitted my RQ papers. Lets see how long it takes them to process.

kenyadian said:
Hi chandu,

According to the officer I met after my test, every RQ needs an approval by the judge. In my case, the officer was satisfied by my response and the documents, and she was going to endorse my file for the judge to look at. I think at this point, if the RQ has been ok'd by the officer, the judge part is just a formality. In case the officer states there is something missing, or needs additional clarification is when folks get invited to the judge. This is what I understood from my discussion with the officer.

No new documents were submitted or requested.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Kenyadian!

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
l applied may 2013
i recieved RQ November
l sent them back February (i was out of the country for studying )
i received a letter for test
l did my test 6 th of may
I did 20/20 and my interview was very well.

What is the next step? will l still wait 36 months ?

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ozland, welcome to the thread. Since your interview went very well, the next step should be oath upon citizenship judge's approval as this will be just a formality. It should not be too long, may be few months, depending on how busy is your local CIC office.

ozland said:
l applied may 2013
i recieved RQ November
l sent them back February (i was out of the country for studying )
i received a letter for test
l did my test 6 th of may
I did 20/20 and my interview was very well.

What is the next step? will l still wait 36 months ?

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Hi ozland, welcome to the thread. Since your interview went very well, the next step should be oath upon citizenship judge's approval as this will be just a formality. It should not be too long, may be few months, depending on how busy is your local CIC office.
when i had interview with CIC Officer
she didn't check my RQ file. During the our conversation ,She started to checked my stamps on my passport if they matched with my residence calculator's dates. She didn't find one stamp on my passport and she took one paper (l guess it is CBSA report) and matched it .

She told me i will receive Oath date 2 to 4 months .

All interview took around 5 or 6 min.

After l came home and l called CIC. They told me my background check is done but still RQ is not .

What is next step now? :/ why didn't see check my RQ ? Because most of CIC officer checks RQ during the interview

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I got my pink letter in the mail today. Unfortunately, my oath is booked for May 29th, and I am leaving on May 30th on a very expensive vacation for one week. I had called and spoken with the agent a few days back to push my oath back. She had put notes in my file but I guess no one paid attention to this.

Not sure what to do, since my hotels/flights have been booked.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kenyadian

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
kenyadian said:
Guys,

I got my pink letter in the mail today. Unfortunately, my oath is booked for May 29th, and I am leaving on May 30th on a very expensive vacation for one week. I had called and spoken with the agent a few days back to push my oath back. She had put notes in my file but I guess no one paid attention to this.

Cheers,

Kenyadian
why can't you just attend the oath on May 29 and travel on May 30th. Where is the problem here?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!
Seems you are in a pickle...
Unfortunately you will have to move your vacation forward as it take upto 48 from the Oath Ceremony for the System of Records to Update in order for you to apply for the passport.

All The Best!

kenyadian said:
Guys,

Cheers,

Kenyadian

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
mrbravo said:
why can't you just attend the oath on May 29 and travel on May 30th. Where is the problem here?
He won't be able to return to Canada in that case. They will take away his PR card but he won't have his Canadian passport yet.
And I agree, you better see whether you can postpone your vacation.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem is that he/she will need a passport to get back into Canada.

mrbravo said:

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daktrader said:
Congrats!!
Seems you are in a pickle...
Unfortunately you will have to move your vacation forward as it take upto 48 from the Oath Ceremony for the System of Records to Update in order for you to apply for the passport.

All The Best!
Moving the vacation means that I'm out of pocket for $4000(non-refundable tickets, non-refundable hotel). The agent on the phone advised that I could get the certificate of citizenship, and travel out. I would have no problem coming back into Canada, since I am Canadian when I come back. The only issue is the airline might have an issue to allow me on board with just the letter.