+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For regular application processing, CIC does that to balance the load in all offices. For RQ processing, CIC transfers to St. Clair for quality assurance, which takes additional processing time.

kenyadian said:
Hmmm do you know why they transfer offices?

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Guys

I just called CIC callcenter and found my RQ document they got it in scarborough. The callcenter lady tells me that it will take any where 30-35 months for the entire process from the day they got the application................................................... :eek: :-[ :mad:

randy

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
HI Guys

I just called CIC callcenter and found my RQ document they got it in scarborough. The callcenter lady tells me that it will take any where 30-35 months for the entire process from the day they got the application................................................... :eek: :-[ :mad:

randy
No need to worry much about what they say in terms of processing time. An applicant from Windsor will get the same response about the processing time when in fact it's is much faster. We have witnessed two applicants get their citizenships in 7 to 8 months when the normal processing time is 25. The same goes for the RQ process. Multiple applicants mentioned that they had contradicting information when they called the CIC. Some were told 35 months from the original processing date and some were told from the date they submitted the RQ docs.

When I called the CIC to ask why some applicants' applications are being processed faster than others, the response was "It's Impossible, it would never happen". I wish they would never lie to us. You would think that we will be given support from the CIC, but on the contrary we are always lied to (like kids quite frankly)

I would stay positive though :D

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
No need to worry much about what they say in terms of processing time. An applicant from Windsor will get the same response about the processing time when in fact it's is much faster. We have witnessed two applicants get their citizenships in 7 to 8 months when the normal processing time is 25. The same goes for the RQ process. Multiple applicants mentioned that they had contradicting information when they called the CIC. Some were told 35 months from the original processing date and some were told from the date they submitted the RQ docs.

When I called the CIC to ask why some applicants' applications are being processed faster than others, the response was "It's Impossible, it would never happen". I wish they would never lie to us. You would think that we will be given support from the CIC, but on the contrary we are always lied to (like kids quite frankly)

I would stay positive though :D
Yes I agree with you stay positive :) I think CIC call centre say whatever is on the website and I know couple of people from Windsor who get their citizenship in 7-8 months including me and also my brother is also from Windsor get RQ and its almost 1 and half year since he applied. So I think its depend on officer who is taking up your file if he is satisfied then you are good to go and if not then RQ.

Stay positive :)

Thanks

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Aamir89 and Farrous13...!
Yes I am positive about the processing time is going to be very short once we submit the RQ with new trends.
randy

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
borgaonk said:
Test was good, I got 20/20, i would recommend reading - www dot yourlibrary dot ca website for preparation, also take photocopy of your entire passport if you have traveled outside, i hope to hear soon on oath ceremony.
Congrats. Quite the speed at Windsor.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qwerton said:
my Citizenship test on 17 December- Montreal
qwerton, congrats and good luck. Same office here: Montreal :D
Your application was recv'd on the 30th! WOW. Mine was rc'd on the 27th. Did you get a letter or was it an ecas update?
Let me know also if it's a single application or a family one.

Good luck again ;D

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qwerton said:
my Citizenship test on 17 December- Montreal
I am so happy that I called the CIC and informed them that I am leaving on vacation for three weeks in December when lots of people have tried to convince me that it's too early to call or inform them.
If I never called and I was scheduled to take the test on the 17th, I would have been screwed to be honest (I am leaving on the 14th of December)

So I advise to call the CIC no matter what. No one can postpone the test because of travel plans.