+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, if the guy was in holiday, he couldn't be the receiver of the packages. I agree with Simkr that some thing went wrong at the Sydney office which was not supposed to be. Any mishandling in that office causes serious trouble for an applicant. The services over there should be 100% perfect.

goldjay said:
Maybe the guy was on holiday.

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
In my opinion, this just shows the importance of introduction of an electronic submission system. If they want to our physical addresses, they can do so seperatey via regular mail; however, an electornic system is a must. They are already accepting electronic submissions for other types of applications.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andriy155 said:
In my opinion, this just shows the importance of introduction of an electronic submission system. If they want to our physical addresses, they can do so seperatey via regular mail; however, an electornic system is a must. They are already accepting electronic submissions for other types of applications.
You're right. In fact, it will speed up the process because system can be linked to verification and it will show the location where the file is filled and submitted.

I think CIC is making progress most of my friends got Citizenship within a Year (12months) of their application. That's good news for us.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woodex said:
You're right. In fact, it will speed up the process because system can be linked to verification and it will show the location where the file is filled and submitted.

I think CIC is making progress most of my friends got Citizenship within a Year (12months) of their application. That's good news for us.
Hey Woodex,

When did your friends apply? From what location? It seems that most applicants who applied in early/mid 2011 are being granted citizenship now. Good to hear that some are getting their citizenships quickly. Everytime I have to travel I have to apply for a Visa. It sickens me.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gta-local said:
Have you guys noticed that all 3 persons with may 27, 2013 receipt date got delayed in processing? Isn't that weird?
Very weird. The person who received the applications is very lazy. Sometimes I wish I worked for the Government/Union but then I would be bored out of my mind. People who are eligible to get Green Cards in the US get them very fast. And then the Citizenship is very fast too (if the applicant satisfied his/her requirements). In Canada it takes forever and there is no way to fight it. Plus the information we get from the CIC agents is shady and vague.

Anybody here is married? Maybe we should include nationalities, marital status and date received PR status to see if there is a pattern. Would be fun too.

My info:

Marital Status: Married, no children
Original Nationality: Lebanese
PR Received: Sep 04-2010

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Hey Woodex,

When did your friends apply? From what location? It seems that most applicants who applied in early/mid 2011 are being granted citizenship now. Good to hear that some are getting their citizenships quickly. Everytime I have to travel I have to apply for a Visa. It sickens me.
One of them applied September 2012 and he will go for oath October 17, 2013
Another applied April 2012 - oath March 2013

Location Sydney and Mississauga

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow that is fast. But how come? :eek: 2011 applicants are still being processed? Do you mind letting me know their original nationalities? For some reason, I think an Australian or British applicants would be processed faster than people from South America or the Middle east. This might not be true. I am just speculating. 8) ;D

gta-local

Star Member
Aug 10, 2013
farrous13 said:
Very weird. The person who received the applications is very lazy. Sometimes I wish I worked for the Government/Union but then I would be bored out of my mind. People who are eligible to get Green Cards in the US get them very fast. And then the Citizenship is very fast too (if the applicant satisfied his/her requirements). In Canada it takes forever and there is no way to fight it. Plus the information we get from the CIC agents is shady and vague.

Anybody here is married? Maybe we should include nationalities, marital status and date received PR status to see if there is a pattern. Would be fun too.

My info:

Marital Status: Married, no children
Original Nationality: Lebanese
PR Received: Sep 04-2010
You received PR on Sep 04, 2010 and applied for Citizenship on May 27, 2013. How did you come up with 1095 days?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gta-local said:
You received PR on Sep 04, 2010 and applied for Citizenship on May 27, 2013. How did you come up with 1095 days?
I was a student before that (5 years). So basically once I became a PR, I had to only fulfill 2 years out of the 5 years on my PR (that's not ur case I assume). However, I had to travel a lot for work and so forth, so applied in 2-1/2+ years.

This system as you know it is not really efficient or fair. I have been here for more than 9 years. I pay taxes, have a Canadian University degree...but still I have to wait like any other person who just landed 3 years ago in Canada.

I wish they had a system where they give advantages to candidates with a Canadian University degrees, who landed jobs in Canada and established their life here (they do in a way by having to fulfill only 2 years instead of 3 years of physical presence - but not enough since as a professional I have to travel which takes a chunk of the time)

We will make it though :p

Behnam_canada

Aug 25, 2013
gta-local said:
Most probably he has been in Canada before becoming PR, e.g. most students do the same.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Wow that is fast. But how come? :eek: 2011 applicants are still being processed? Do you mind letting me know their original nationalities? For some reason, I think an Australian or British applicants would be processed faster than people from South America or the Middle east. This might not be true. I am just speculating. 8) ;D
You would need detailed stats for this which would be skewed by the disparity in the volume of applicants - given China PRC, India, Pakistan are leading source immigrant countries logic leads that they will be leading country citizenship applicants..so if you had 1000 PRC applicants and 100 were processed within 12 months and 20 UK applicants and 2 were processed within the same 12 months who has been processed faster? You need multiple nationality applicants with the same profile e.g. worked 4 years full time, no travel, same FOSS/CSIS/RCMP clearance timelines etc to prove nationality is irrelevant. I think you would find in this case its not an issue and everyone would get the same timeline.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Behnam_canada said:
Most probably he has been in Canada before becoming PR, e.g. most students do the same.
Yes, most students are like that

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
In fact, both case scenerio they are from Africa. I know so many from Europe that got thru withiin a year. It is more about personal record(no or minimum travel, education, employment, no criminal record and more) and luck (the person that handle the file) :-X :-X :-X