+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At this point only option left is to resend your application...though they wont take responsibility for your time loss and speed up your new application...sad and frustating

kalbad20 said:
My application still can't be found , the CIC agent recommended that I reapply. I just don't know how hard it's for CIC to contact the immigration office in Sydney!!!

They said if my application was returned there would be a note in my file, so no note in my file and I didn't receive any returned application!

I was trying to look up contact numbers for Sydney office and I found one but when I called, it forwarded me to CIC agents!!!

Anyone aware if there is anyway to contact Sydney office?

I'm thinking to send Sydney office ( same address I sent my application to) a letter in the mail explaining to them what happened before I reapply, what do you guys think?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just curious how they are losing our packages. We are spending a good amount of time to fill the application and gather documents as well as paying fess. Seems some of the people there are highly unprofessional...We cant do anything to it.

chandu007 said:
If I were in your situation, I would resend the application with a printout of the previous package tracking result, a detailed letter mentioning all the facts and asking them to process faster in order to cover the time loss.

If the package is lost, there will be no point wasting time to contact CIC offices over the phone.

Behnam_canada

Aug 25, 2013
kalbad20 said:
My application still can't be found , the CIC agent recommended that I reapply. I just don't know how hard it's for CIC to contact the immigration office in Sydney!!!

They said if my application was returned there would be a note in my file, so no note in my file and I didn't receive any returned application!

I was trying to look up contact numbers for Sydney office and I found one but when I called, it forwarded me to CIC agents!!!

Anyone aware if there is anyway to contact Sydney office?

I'm thinking to send Sydney office ( same address I sent my application to) a letter in the mail explaining to them what happened before I reapply, what do you guys think?
Hey kalbad,

I am sorry this has happened to you and I can imagine how frustrated you are. But you know, you need to be positive in these situations and should not think why this has happened to you. This application process is affected by human mistakes and it is inevitable in a large systems. I have experienced similar situation, my recommendation is that you need to re-send another application and clearly explain to them what happened to your previous application. Avoid hesitation as time does to pass by.

kalbad20

Sep 27, 2013
Thank you all,

I just came back from purolator, I sent a letter to the same address inquiring about my application, it's getting there Tuesday morning, if I don't hear anything by next Friday, I will submit another application the following Monday, I need to wait for a week at least anyways to get my school documents for language proof.

I have a very strong feeling that my application is not lost so I'm hoping this letter will do something at there end.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you supply your diploma as English proof or third party English test result in the original application package?

kalbad20 said:
Thank you all,

I just came back from purolator, I sent a letter to the same address inquiring about my application, it's getting there Tuesday morning, if I don't hear anything by next Friday, I will submit another application the following Monday, I need to wait for a week at least anyways to get my school documents for language proof.

I have a very strong feeling that my application is not lost so I'm hoping this letter will do something at there end.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, you should keep in mind that CIC will take significant amount of time to open your letter and process it.

kalbad20 said:
Thank you all,

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your diploma from University of Alberta should fulfill the language requirement.

kalbad20 said:
I supplied a bachelor degree from the University of Alberta.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We can't do anything directly but a letter mentioning the fact may trigger an internal investigation for quality control which may reduce this type of mistake or negligence in future.

Simkr said:
Just curious how they are losing our packages. We are spending a good amount of time to fill the application and gather documents as well as paying fess. Seems some of the people there are highly unprofessional...We cant do anything to it.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This ll definitely sufficient enough to prove your language proficiency. All the best and send your application package without any further delay (as we cant do much to change internal handing of applications except bringing the issue in light of officer in authority). wish you and us (as well) a smooth process ahead while processing our applications....Always be positive

[/quote]
kalbad20 said:
I supplied a bachelor degree from the University of Alberta.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kalbad20 said:
Thank you all,

CIC never misplaced documents :-X..... My husband's documents was in their office for 1yr before they called me to pick it up because they dont know the department that requested the documents. Can you imagine the stress? All my original documents were inside the envelop.

Some employee are just lazy. I'm sure they will acknowledge the receipt of your application. Keep calling CIC on daily basis.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's exactly happened with me they kept my application package (though 3 months) before opened finally in September. My initial advice to Kalbad20 to call on regular basis though some members suggested better to resend the application. (this may sound better idea than ringing the bell on regular basis)

You are right in saying some people out there are indeed lazy and as a result "in process" profile of applicants varies significantly.

Woodex said:
CIC never misplaced documents :-X..... My husband's documents was in their office for 1yr before they called me to pick it up because they dont know the department that requested the documents. Can you imagine the stress? All my original documents were inside the envelop.

Some employee are just lazy. I'm sure they will acknowledge the receipt of your application. Keep calling CIC on daily basis.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think that s just your speculation...that's unlikely true (for that they first have to open your package). if u look at May profile, there are 4 applicants, including you (whose application packages were received on May 27). The coolblues1980 got it through like rest May applicants though mine and farrous13 got delayed at least over a month. your application is still missing. Definitely, something went wrong there while handling our documents (may be a single person handling error caused this delay).

kalbad20 said:
I wonder if where I'm originally from has to do with this delay!

goldjay

Sep 6, 2013
Maybe the guy was on holiday.

Simkr said:
i think that s just your speculation...that's unlikely true (for that they first have to open your package). if u look at May profile, there are 4 applicants, including you (whose application packages were received on May 27). The coolblues1980 got it through like rest May applicants though mine and farrous13 got delayed at least over a month. your application is still missing. Definitely, something went wrong there while handling our documents (may be a single person handling error caused this delay).