+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should see an update by the end of this week. Otherwise, I suggest you to call the call center to find out about the delay. Mine was received on the 28th and already in process.

Cedar said:
Tks a lot Chandu & gta-local. Will try the Client Id option. App was in late May.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news guys, my application is in process .

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 8, 2013.

Randy

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy: did u see your eCAS status today or last week? i guess mine is slowest one (receive on 27 May, 2013).

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
farhad- said:
Hi everyone,

Here's my timeline:

Mailed application - 30 April 13
Application received by CIC - 3 May 13
Sent acknowledgement letter - 3 May 13
Started processing application - 19 July 13

I had three trips (two to my home country and one to the US) totalling around 8 months altogether. Does this mean that I'll get RQ(s)?
I believe 90% chance you will get RQ unless you have T4 for 4 years or you are a full time student with summer semester,,Since October 2012 before test RQ kind of regular procedure ,Good luck

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats.

Randypandy said:
Good news guys, my application is in process .

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 8, 2013.

Randy

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure that you are checking the ecas properly? If you are checking with client id, the format should be XXXX-XXXX, including the dash (-) in between. Just making sure. If you don't see any update by this week, you should call the call center next week.

Simkr said:
Randypandy: did u see your eCAS status today or last week? i guess mine is slowest one (receive on 27 May, 2013).

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi simplyproductive - Even if he has all T4s, how CIC will know about the T4s since these are not part of the documents that CIC asked for with the application? Would you like to share your timeline?

simplyproductive said:
I believe 90% chance you will get RQ unless you have T4 for 4 years or you are a full time student with summer semester,,Since October 2012 before test RQ kind of regular procedure ,Good luck

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Simkr yes i found my status updated today only.

good luck for your application.

randy

Simkr said:

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC update: i called CIC today. they are sending out acknowledgement letters for applications received on 16 May, 2013 though some of u (whose applications were received later dates ) already got an updated e cas status. Surprising.......

coolcanadian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
chandu007 said:
I guarantee you that you will not laugh for too long :). Once all the applications become "in process", everyone will go to long sleep and wake up until they either receive a notification with test date or a RQ [who wants that?].
hahahaha my wait is over son with a lovely RQ you just keep an eye on that mail box of urs....wait for that lovely hot steamy fruitful RQ ;D :p ;)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully, by the end of this week. Good luck.

Simkr said:
CIC update: i called CIC today. they are sending out acknowledgement letters for applications received on 16 May, 2013 though some of u (whose applications were received later dates ) already got an updated e cas status. Surprising.......

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Too bad. Sorry to hear that.

coolcanadian said:
hahahaha my wait is over son with a lovely RQ you just keep an eye on that mail box of urs....wait for that lovely hot steamy fruitful RQ ;D :p ;)

sondo

May 9, 2013
Finally my status was updated too (and I did not see that last week, even after Aug 6th!).

I mailed (with a canada post express): May 11th

---
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 16, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 16, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 6, 2013.
---

Why they always say that they send a study book on the day they received the application? It can not stay in the mail for 3 months...

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sondo: Seems the CIC agent was right in saying (yesterday i called them to get an update on application) that that are sending out acknowledgement letters
received on 16 may...though surprisingly some us already got an e cas status updated (congrats to them)