+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked status online and didn't find anything. Any idea, on what time during Tuesday CIC posts the updates online?

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

how long does it take for the letter to arrive?

My e-Cas said it was mailed July 19th. I am still waiting to see it in the post.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes almost three months to get acknowledgment letter + Discover Canada book (cont from the day they received your application).
When your application was received by CIC?

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on the current processing time, it takes nearly three months.

But I am little confused. Usually application receipt date and acknowledgement letter mailing dates are same on ecas status for most applicants. If they mailed the acknowledgement letter on July 19, 2013 and received your application on the same day, it is very unrealistic to see status on ecas now, I mean so soon.

kenyadian said:
All,

how long does it take for the letter to arrive?

My e-Cas said it was mailed July 19th. I am still waiting to see it in the post.

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Based on the current processing time, it takes nearly three months.

But I am little confused. Usually application receipt date and acknowledgement letter mailing dates are same on ecas status for most applicants. If they mailed the acknowledgement letter on July 19, 2013 and received your application on the same day, it is very unrealistic to see status on ecas now, I mean so soon.
Here is what is on my e-cas says

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 6, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 6, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 19, 2013."

I called CIC and they said the letter was actually mailed out on July 19th(same date as application processing), I haven't got it yet so just wondering what the mailing timelines were like.

Thanks,

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
that is good news
May06 processing on july19 is fast
it took 74 days for them to give u processing date
which is fast - congrates

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now this makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I hope you receive the letter soon.

kenyadian said:
Here is what is on my e-cas says

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 6, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 6, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 19, 2013."

I called CIC and they said the letter was actually mailed out on July 19th(same date as application processing), I haven't got it yet so just wondering what the mailing timelines were like.

Thanks,

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Definitely great news. Based on this timeline, mine should be started in a week ;D.

jckdry said:
that is good news
May06 processing on july19 is fast
it took 74 days for them to give u processing date
which is fast - congrates

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news guys, my application is in process ;D.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 28, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 6, 2013.

farhad-

Jul 27, 2013
chandu007 said:
Good news guys, my application is in process ;D.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 28, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 6, 2013.
Congrats!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome man...Looks like the turn around time for acknowledgement is now around 2 months, which is not bad at all....

Now lets hope that you don't get any RQ. RQs are painful things to have.

Do you know who applied after the consent thing came up in the forms, got their files transferred to local office.

How long did it take after their application went into process.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. I really don't want RQ :'(. At this point I don't know anyone who's file got transferred to local office. But lets see.

dear_pnp said:
Awesome man...Looks like the turn around time for acknowledgement is now around 2 months, which is not bad at all....

Now lets hope that you don't get any RQ. RQs are painful things to have.

Do you know who applied after the consent thing came up in the forms, got their files transferred to local office.

How long did it take after their application went into process.