+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Chandu007

Thanks for you nice comments, yes it was noticeably fast. I hope rest of May 2013 Members applications will go through fast lane.

Randy

chandu007 said:
Hi Randy - This is excellent news. I am very happy for you. Your RQ processing at the Scarborough office was noticeably fast. Good luck with the test preparation, I know you will do just fine.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmanottawa said:
Thank you very much I just saw it ....

The form says 4 years prior and the same time.. since your arrival date... what did you do about that? Like I have been here for 5 years now .. I thank you for replying to my request
Hi Canmanottawa. There is a new RQ form (CIT 0171 10-2013) that I haven't been able to get a copy of yet. (If anyone gets one, please contact me! I would like to be able to post one on the RQ blog.) Reportedly, this new RQ form does not request info from before the 4 year qualifying period.

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
hey

here is the link for the new RQ that u asked for

http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit_520-e.pdf

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmanottawa said:
hey

here is the link for the new RQ that u asked for

http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit_520-e.pdf
Thanks Canmanottawa, but that's not the new RQ. That's a new RQ alternative (kind of an RQ-lite).
The link comes from my website. I'm hoping to find a copy of the current RQ CIT 0171 10-2013 to post there as well.

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Hi eileenf,
I was browsing on your website
http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com
And I find out RQ Risk Indicators.
I'm wondering Why this is considered RQ risk (B1 – Child born outside Canada during the relevant 4 year period.)
Do you have any idea?

I took 22 weeks of parental leave paid by the RQAP and they asked me to go next to my child in order to pay me.
So I went out of canada but I filled the physical residency of this absence.
And I was employed all this time by a private company here in canada.
And I was working for all months in the 4 year period (from the beginning to the end). My Tax declaration was made on time every year.
Should I be worried about getting RQ with this situation?
Please advise.
thanks

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry guys we are kind of side tracking from the original post about MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship) to other topics....!

randy

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Good evening!
I have read all the pages in this thread, it's very useful and nice to know I'm not alone on this, my path to citizenship.
Here's my timeline:

Citizenship Application Status (on e-cas): In Process
Received application on: May 31, 2013
AOR: May 31, 2013
Started Processing Application: August 17, 2013
Office: no idea.

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
I haven't received an RQ, it's just for me (married to CC, we have 2 children born here). I did leave the country 4 times, vacation trips all of them under 17 days.
It's very interesting to see one applicant having received already in record time citizenship oath.
Like everyone else in this forum, I wonder why so fast since the whole process is supposed to take over 2 years now.
Will mine take that long?.
Thx for your input in advance and I hope we all get good news sooner than later.

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Forgot to mention I live in Scarborough, Ontario and landed inland at the Scarborough office which is the busiest in the country.
Spousal-sponsorship, 1.5 years long that thing was... But lucky indeed to have only been that long compared to some other cases.
Best of luck,
Peter.

farhad-

Jul 27, 2013
Hi everyone,

Today I received the notice to write the citizenship test. My exam is scheduled for January 23rd and will be held in Scarborough.

Any tips on how to prep for the exam would be highly appreciated.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhad- said:
Hi everyone,

Today I received the notice to write the citizenship test. My exam is scheduled for January 23rd and will be held in Scarborough.

Read 'Discover Canada' which have been provided to you by CIC which you received along with AOR and go to different website regarding written test of canada citizenship.Thorough Study is required to enhance your confidence level.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhad- said:
Hi everyone,

Hey thats awesome man!! Wish you luck. Test is not that hard and you should be fine if you have read the book and did some online tests.

Do you mind telling us when was your file transferred to Scarborough office?

Thanks

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Farhad

Make sure you go through the book and on line practice tests.. like below to get you confidence.

My test is due on feb 11th.

randy

farhad- said:
Hi everyone,

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Farhad, prepare well and good luck!

Randy, I thought the CIC gives around 2 week notice to the test date. In your case it's more than that. I wonder why.

Qwerton, do you know when your application was transferred to the Montreal local office?

May 2013, any update from the rest of you. I called the CIC yesterday and the agent told me that I should be receiving the test any day now. Montreal seems to be quick but not for me. They are scheduling tests for people who applied in June and July 2013. I wonder if the agent is making things up. How could he tell that I will be scheduled for the exam? What if I get an RQ? Just the fact that Montreal started scheduling for June and July applicants makes me skeptical on whether I will be scheduled soon.

Randypandy said:
HI Farhad

Make sure you go through the book and on line practice tests.. like below to get you confidence.

My test is due on feb 11th.

randy