+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
lilua said:
Can you elaborate what are the documents to be accompanied on the test day?
They only asked for previous passports, PR card and COPR, and two IDs. I have however brought many other documents with me including university transcripts, proof of employment, utility bills and leases. During the interview, I was asked about my employment during my stay in Canada so I presented the proof of employment to the agent who examined it and add it to my file. Apart from that, he did not ask for any other document but I think being prepared is better than getting any request for more documents after the interview.

Suin said:
Congratulations! :) You will definitely get the oath letter in 2 weeks time! They are working quite fast! :)
Thank you Suin, two week windows seems a bit optimistic for me, but hope is always good :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Always think positive. We got ours in 6 business days. :)

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hanisaf said:
They only asked for previous passports, PR card and COPR, and two IDs. I have however brought many other documents with me including university transcripts, proof of employment, utility bills and leases. During the interview, I was asked about my employment during my stay in Canada so I presented the proof of employment to the agent who examined it and add it to my file. Apart from that, he did not ask for any other document but I think being prepared is better than getting any request for more documents after the interview.

Thank you Suin, two week windows seems a bit optimistic for me, but hope is always good :)
I do not know where is my COPR. I have Landing paper and PR Card. I was provided with COPR at the time of issuance of immigration visa. Is that required now?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
mrbravo said:
what is a COPR?
Confirmation Of Permanent Residence. When an immigrant is approved for permanent residence in Canada, they receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. An immigration officer at the port of entry or a CIC office signs and dates this document when permanent residence is finally granted.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
Confirmation Of Permanent Residence. When an immigrant is approved for permanent residence in Canada, they receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. An immigration officer at the port of entry or a CIC office signs and dates this document when permanent residence is finally granted.
Is it required or Landing Paper will do.

johnedm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
lilua said:
Is it required or Landing Paper will do.
copr and landing paper is the same(u get the copy of copy of copr stapled in to your pasport when u first enter to canada)

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnedm said:
copr and landing paper is the same(u get the copy of copy of copr stapled in to your pasport when u first enter to canada)
Thank you.Now I understand, it is the carbon copy I am holding.

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Yes it is the carbon paper you got when you landed. BTW this is a very important document that you will need even after getting citizenship.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
hanisaf said:
Suin, in your case as e-cas updated befor the oath?
Yes, three days after they mailed us the letter.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Any updates from May 2013 users .. I feel our thread need some action..
Any one got this kind of communications saying """""Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam''''"?

Randy

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I haven't got such notification. Have you got one?

Randypandy said:
Hi Any updates from May 2013 users .. I feel our thread need some action..
Any one got this kind of communications saying """""Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam''''"?

Randy

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Hi, I haven't got such notification. Have you got one?
Chandu

I havnt recived yet but it looks some of the April 2013 applicants are started getting from last week. looks at below link.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/notice-to-prepare-for-your-citizenship-exam-t177736.15.html

Hope we will see this notice with May2013 candidates in 2nd week of Jan 2014.

Randy