25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
crna80 said:
ECAS to decision made ;D okay forward we go! Yea May, good luck to all still waiting. And I hope decision made is good!
Congrats! How does it feel to breathe again! :p

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
@crna80 - If it's 'DM' on top of 'interview waived', sounds like you're good to go. Congrats!

@begaana - just PM bonitanita your timeline and you will be added to the spreadsheet. You need to reach 10 posts to be able to send a PM, and also to be able to update your profile that goes down the side-bar like the rest of us.

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
November 2011- re medical feb 11th 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
In process - started since Feb 7 2013
Please update

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
SocialMe said:
So I'm starting to freak out a bit........ January 15th my husband was sent a request for his passport copy and a new medical. We mailed it promptly a week later. At that time I kept checking the status update as it still said "Application received" which has been the same for 8 months. Now for the last few days, it doesn't even let me in............ My UCI, my file number, my receipt.... nothing works!!! Not sure what is going on. Could this be bad news?? And who do I contact to ease my fears?
Don't worry same thing happened to for a week and it works now
And changed to in process after 9 months.
So it's good news for u too.
Best wishes.

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Hey guys!
I just got an e-mail from Bucharest VO requesting my passport and 2 photos. I have to sent it as quick as possible because my medicals will expire on 20th of March. Basically is this:
"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to finalize the processing of your application, please provide us with the items cited below:

-ORIGINAL passports or travel document(s) with at least 12 months remaining validity for you and your dependent(s);

-2 recent photos for each applicant (passport size, on WHITE background; (see photo specifications - Appendix A available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp#appendixA );

-height (in cms) and eye color for all applicants.

Your visas will be valid for entry to Canada until: 2013/03/20

Please ensure that the above items together with this letter are sent to the Embassy within the next 30 days. Your application must be finalized prior to the expiry of your medicals and with sufficient time for you to settle your affairs and make travel arrangements. Your immediate attention to this request is critical to the outcome of your application.

Upon receipt of the above items, your application will be reviewed for final decision. In approved cases, a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form will be prepared for yourself and each member of your family. Immigrant visa counterfoils will be printed and placed in your passport(s). Your passport(s) should contain one blank page for your visa and one blank page for each child included in the document. Generally, the documents are issued and ready to be delivered after 15 working days from the date the passports are received at the embassy."

So I still don`t have final decision? I`m so excited and I can`t think properly!!!

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
blagogalia said:
Hey guys!
I just got an e-mail from Bucharest VO requesting my passport and 2 photos. I have to sent it as quick as possible because my medicals will expire on 20th of March. Basically is this:
"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to finalize the processing of your application, please provide us with the items cited below:

-ORIGINAL passports or travel document(s) with at least 12 months remaining validity for you and your dependent(s);

-2 recent photos for each applicant (passport size, on WHITE background; (see photo specifications - Appendix A available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp#appendixA );

-height (in cms) and eye color for all applicants.

Your visas will be valid for entry to Canada until: 2013/03/20

Please ensure that the above items together with this letter are sent to the Embassy within the next 30 days. Your application must be finalized prior to the expiry of your medicals and with sufficient time for you to settle your affairs and make travel arrangements. Your immediate attention to this request is critical to the outcome of your application.

Upon receipt of the above items, your application will be reviewed for final decision. In approved cases, a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form will be prepared for yourself and each member of your family. Immigrant visa counterfoils will be printed and placed in your passport(s). Your passport(s) should contain one blank page for your visa and one blank page for each child included in the document. Generally, the documents are issued and ready to be delivered after 15 working days from the date the passports are received at the embassy."

So I still don`t have final decision? I`m so excited and I can`t think properly!!!

Congrats

NestleAducal

Jan 15, 2013
Hi All! congrats to all who have had their papers :)
I went on eCas to check status today. And I could not find the one for my husband's status.It only shows my application for citizenship! but not my husband's.it is usually the first thing that I see before my citizenship application status. did anyone had this before? little worried here.
And I also tried to check usung his immigration file number, nothing too. I hope his paers aren't gone. :(

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Thank you and I wish to everyone fast process!

I have some confusions about the PPR and please if anyone can help!
I have to count every day as my medicals will expire on 20th of March which means I have to land before that. To cut the long story short basically I`m running out of time.
In the letter from Bucharest VO for the passport request they stated couple of times not to ask or look for the passport before the 15 working days has finished but on the official website they say 10 working days
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/romania-roumanie/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d

So can I try to send the courier on the 10th day?
I also don`t understand these:

" Collect your passport in person 10 working days after submission, between the hours of 15:00 and 16:00 Monday - Thursday;
Provide us with a courier way bill to return your passport by courier;
Provide us with an authorization to release your passport to a third-party (PDF * 163 KB);
If you plan to send a courier to collect your passport you must advise us at the time of application which company you are authorizing; or
If you decide to send a courier to collect your passport you must send us an original signed authorization naming the company."

What is this authorization? Do i need to prepare it with a lawyer? I`m planning to send it with DHL

If anyone can help please! Or if anyone can suggest how to speed up the process.Calculating the days it turns out that I might not get the passport back before 20th of March and what will happen then?
I`m looking at the option to deliver the passport in person which will cost me a lot of traveling between Cyprus,Bulgaria,Rumania,Cyprus and Rumania again and still not sure if it will be faster but if it`s the better way I`ll do it.

Regards!

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
blagogalia said:
Thank you and I wish to everyone fast process!

I have some confusions about the PPR and please if anyone can help!
I have to count every day as my medicals will expire on 20th of March which means I have to land before that. To cut the long story short basically I`m running out of time.
In the letter from Bucharest VO for the passport request they stated couple of times not to ask or look for the passport before the 15 working days has finished but on the official website they say 10 working days
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/romania-roumanie/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d

So can I try to send the courier on the 10th day?
I also don`t understand these:

" Collect your passport in person 10 working days after submission, between the hours of 15:00 and 16:00 Monday - Thursday;
Provide us with a courier way bill to return your passport by courier;
Provide us with an authorization to release your passport to a third-party (PDF * 163 KB);
If you plan to send a courier to collect your passport you must advise us at the time of application which company you are authorizing; or
If you decide to send a courier to collect your passport you must send us an original signed authorization naming the company."

What is this authorization? Do i need to prepare it with a lawyer? I`m planning to send it with DHL

If anyone can help please! Or if anyone can suggest how to speed up the process.Calculating the days it turns out that I might not get the passport back before 20th of March and what will happen then?
I`m looking at the option to deliver the passport in person which will cost me a lot of traveling between Cyprus,Bulgaria,Rumania,Cyprus and Rumania again and still not sure if it will be faster but if it`s the better way I`ll do it.

Regards!
I do not think you have to land before you medicals expire. I think your case must be approve before the medical expires (if they do not wish to grant an extension on your meds). However, they may decide to issue your visas to expire around the time the medicals expire or grant you some extension time. Med extensions do not seem to be uncommon, especially when in the PPR stage.

You may have to use a notary public to sign the authorization. You can draft it yourself, stating that you authorize company X to pick up your passport at the VO. Then you must sign it before a notary public.

Easier would be to provide them with a prepaid courier bill so the can mail it back.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
cempjwi said:
I do not think you have to land before you medicals expire. I think your case must be approve before the medical expires (if they do not wish to grant an extension on your meds). However, they may decide to issue your visas to expire around the time the medicals expire or grant you some extension time. Med extensions do not seem to be uncommon, especially when in the PPR stage.

You may have to use a notary public to sign the authorization. You can draft it yourself, stating that you authorize company X to pick up your passport at the VO. Then you must sign it before a notary public.

Easier would be to provide them with a prepaid courier bill so the can mail it back.
Yes, they must land before the medical expiration date. If this is not possible, the embassy will request an extension from the RMO, and the applicant must land before the new expiration date, or before the expiration date of their passport, whichever is sooner.

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Thank you both for the answers!

I finally decided to go in person and not risk it. More expensive but sure!

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
Just an update:
We did the re- medical

Husband When to Malay high comm in Srilanka
They didn't even let him inside.
They told him to check the status online.

I called the Malaysia police office
They replied ( very rude) - they never
Even received the application and told me
To re apply and they will respond in 2 months.

Husband went to canadian high commission
to submit the re-medical rept + letter- asking for
Extension time to submit the police report from Malay.
Including the reply they gave us ----- canadian high commission
told my husband ---> they will look into this and will call him soon.

Everyday is a battle.............

please update the spreadsheet

ecas - in process from feb 7 2013
medical re done - feb 11 2013

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
NestleAducal said:
Can't view my staus on eCas! Has anyone had this before???? Help!
I can see mine, but quite frankly, I find it a waste of time to go and check it, because it is never up to date. We received a letter from MICC a few days ago letting us know that they had sent them our CSQ on 02/07, and it is not even noted there. It has been the same status for months.

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
NestleAducal said:
Can't view my staus on eCas! Has anyone had this before???? Help!

It works after about 10 days
No worries