Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Praying Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon
CJRoman said:
Hi All!

I have been following this forum as a guest for a few weeks to see how the process for others was going.
Today I've decided to join because I'm feeling a bit frustrated with processing times. Sigh!
Our application was received on May 1... and we wait. We went through a lawyer with our application to ensure it was immaculate and every piece of paperwork was included.
I checked the CIC site today and it says 66 days to process app's. How is it that end of June applications are being processed and many of us haven't heard anything?

Patience, I know. I am truly excited for those of you who have answers! For the rest of us, we aren't alone!

My husband has applied from Mexico and I live in Alberta.
Please add us to the spread sheet :)
I think some of us are just lucky with the first step processing. Have you tried contacting call center? but trust me, you aren't alone! Ours was submitted May as well, we waited and still waiting for the good news. Try reaching call enter and let us know their feedback.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
CJRoman said:
Hi All!

I have been following this forum as a guest for a few weeks to see how the process for others was going.
Today I've decided to join because I'm feeling a bit frustrated with processing times. Sigh!
Our application was received on May 1... and we wait. We went through a lawyer with our application to ensure it was immaculate and every piece of paperwork was included.
I checked the CIC site today and it says 66 days to process app's. How is it that end of June applications are being processed and many of us haven't heard anything?

Patience, I know. I am truly excited for those of you who have answers! For the rest of us, we aren't alone!

My husband has applied from Mexico and I live in Alberta.
Please add us to the spread sheet :)
Hey CJR Woman,

On the website it says that they are working on applications received on the 25th of June. If yours was received on the 1st of May, you should call and ask for an answer - maybe they have sent you a letter and you haven't received it, etc.
But since your application was received before the date written on the website, you can definitely call and see what is going on - most likely you are approved but not aware of it yet!

The good point with that is that your VO is quite fast, so if you have been approved a few weeks ago, your file is probably already in Mexico, so you haven't lost any time - but it would be nice to know about the approval first stage at least!

Good luck,
Sweden

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Congratulation for everyone who got their approval or AOR from CIC. Now i am beginning to understand this immigration process is random so we just have to support each other to be strong. None's file was transfer on 24th of July to the same VO as mine while my was transfer july 27th just 3 days apart. However, he recieved interview date from the VO office and he suggested mine will come in 3 days time but nothing to date. I know how fustrated we are about this waitng game especially those waiting for the first stage approval.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
I can't believe there is still white on the spreadsheet. I am so MAD at CIC.

You guys are super patient and really hope something gives soon!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
CanadianJeepGuy - still no news either mate?

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
Does anybody know what the current processing time is for Ottawa? I have received my Sponsorship Approval but now the question is...how long until Step 2 is processed? We sent in everything (medical, FBI, etc.) with our application, so hopefully this will help expedite things but a estimate date would be good to know....

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
That is ridiculous that anybody from April and May are still waiting for stage 1 approval. It truly is unbelievable!!! Some people from early March are receiving COPR's and still CIC have not approved people who applied over 100 days ago. Truly shocking!!!

Emily2301

May 15, 2011
I received AOR from Vienna VO today; it's been about 6 weeks since sponsor approval. I don't think we're really keeping track of this but I thought I post it anyway. Online status still reads "application received". And I'm not sure about my medicals... Well, it's nice to know the application made it to Vienna :) I hope they have fun looking through everything ;-) just do it quickly!! ;-)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Emily2301 said:
I received AOR from Vienna VO today; it's been about 6 weeks since sponsor approval. I don't think we're really keeping track of this but I thought I post it anyway. Online status still reads "application received". And I'm not sure about my medicals... Well, it's nice to know the application made it to Vienna :) I hope they have fun looking through everything ;-) just do it quickly!! ;-)
It's always nice when the VO sends an AOR!!!

saifstd

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Hello,
did anyone applied near April if u did could u please share ur time line or did u get ur LOA already?
Thanks

peggyfran

May 16, 2012
Canuck_28 said:
Does anybody know what the current processing time is for Ottawa? I have received my Sponsorship Approval but now the question is...how long until Step 2 is processed? We sent in everything (medical, FBI, etc.) with our application, so hopefully this will help expedite things but a estimate date would be good to know....
Yes, it would be nice to know how the next steps work. Although, it is probably just as random as all the other steps....

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Canuck_28 said:
They are still finishing up february for step 2 approval and beginning of march is in process....

Emily2301

May 15, 2011
KJG said:
It's always nice when the VO sends an AOR!!!
I agree!! At least we know it made it there and they created a file. They should always do that and not just leave people hanging!

mtang

May 8, 2012
yeah, its always good to receive AOR so that we know they atleast received it.
i received my sponsor approval on August 1st and also it stated they also transfer our application to my Beijing VO. but i got no update on ecas or aor since i received my approval via email, already been more then a month now :(.

Do you guys know whats the average time for step 2 like on ecas status change from "application received" to "in process" or any kind of update right after step 1?

Thanks

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
mtang said:
yeah, its always good to receive AOR so that we know they atleast received it.
i received my sponsor approval on August 1st and also it stated they also transfer our application to my Beijing VO. but i got no update on ecas or aor since i received my approval via email, already been more then a month now :(.

Do you guys know whats the average time for step 2 like on ecas status change from "application received" to "in process" or any kind of update right after step 1?

Thanks
That 1 depends on your Visa Office. Some of the fastest Visa office's are China (Beijing), Sydney, London, New Delhi, Manilla. Generally on average step 2 for those visa offices as long as your application is pretty well documented and straight forward is about 75-100 days to application going in process and then a week or 2 for the final decision. Those approximate numbers are on a relatively straight forward case. so from AOR to COPR issued somewhere in the 90-125 days from initial AOR. These are only approximate guidelines, going from other spreadsheets. CIC site states a longer period for each unique VO.

Good luck :D