May 11th IELTS candidates let's meet here

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Woke up with IDP sms
LRSW- 8,8.5,7.5,7

will apply for EOR it was my first in 4 years without prep :(
or else sit again I need 8 each
Not bad at all for the first time after so long! It is remarkable score !
Hope you get 8 in each next time !
Thanks for sharing ! Waiting for mine

Reactions: Arya G

Arya G

May 12, 2019
This looks already perfect. Why EOR? What’s your target?
I am main applicant and my spouse points are minimal. I have spent 5 years in Australia. I need 8 each for OZ PR. For Canada I don’t know how long I have to wait after applying.

ntoskrnl

Star Member
May 12, 2019
Just got results. Finally.
Reached the target, so I do not have to retake this exam.

To my surprise, listening is 8.5 (so I didn’t have more mistakes that I thought)
And reading - 9!!! Unbelievable.

Thank you everyone for support and help in the answers analysis. I hope everyone gets what they want this time!

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I also appeared in general fon the first time ! Let’s see what comes up !
Too disappointed for my score !
Got 8,6,6.5,5.5
I wrote from India and people say British council just makes money out of IELTS which appears to be true ! I couldn’t even imagine in my dreams that I would get 5.5 in writing.

Reactions: Arya G

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Too disappointed for my score !
Got 8,6,6.5,5.5
I wrote from India and people say British council just makes money out of IELTS which appears to be true ! I couldn’t even imagine in my dreams that I would get 5.5 in writing.
I don’t know what should I do ? Shall I opt for an EOR ?

Arya G

May 12, 2019

To my surprise, listening is 8.5 (so I didn’t have more mistakes that I thought)

Thank you everyone for support and help in the answers analysis. I hope everyone gets what they want this time!
Congratulations!!

Reactions: ntoskrnl

Arya G

May 12, 2019

What’s your score in other two modules?

ntoskrnl

Star Member
May 12, 2019
What’s your score in other two modules?
Speaking 8
Writing 7

My impression is that I got 8 mostly because of the fluency. My vocabulary wasn’t really so broad. I just spoke normally (actually faster than usual, the examiner kind of set the pace of the interview). Also, I totally forgot that I was supposed to show off grammatical and lexical range.... so I was speaking like I would with a friend.
When I left I regretted it, but looks like you actually are not required to use all those fancy words to get 8. Just talk naturally. Like they talk in tv series.

Anyway, there was also some luck involved. My cue card and following topics were quite easy. My friend wasn’t lucky with this...

My writing is lower because I didn’t develop second idea fully. I was going to provide a concrete example to support the idea, but I was running out of time. So I left a blank space and wrote conclusion. Last minutes I spent checking and fixing spelling and word repetition. Knowing myself, in addition to missing example for one of the ideas, I probably still had some spelling and punctuation mistakes.

My friend who usually performed better in writing, scored 6.5. We think this is because he discussed 2 points of view and provided his point of view in the conclusion. It was probably wasn’t strong enough.