+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married Recently - Sponsorship

lumos

May 9, 2013
amikety said:
You can. I don't have a subscription either, but I included our Skype video call log.
How did you include it? You copied and pasted? :D Or screenshots? Where do I find video logs anyway? Sorry for too much questions! I really am serious about this :) Good to know some people have/had same situations

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
lumos said:
Did you do the same thing? Sponsor your wife to Canada? :D
I don't have Skype subscription, just regular skype, I don't pay :( but maybe I can just get screenshots?
Yes I am in the process of sponsoring her... :). I've passed the first stage (sponsor's assessment), now still going through stage 2 (sponsored person's assessment)

Oh no worries....the free/regular Skype is absolutely fine.....and yes just get screenshots....no need to overdo them (just get some every few days, and do this regularly)......I'd take screenshots of the chats, as well as the video call sessions (i.e.: showing both of your faces). To take screenshots, you can either press "Printscreen" OR Alt Printscreen, and then paste the image to MSPaint, for instance (Printscreen = screenshot of the whole desktop. Alt Printscreen = screenshot of the active program only). Or you can also use a tool like MWSnap: http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html . But it doesn't matter at all which method you use....(the CIC could care less =P) what matters is that they're clear.....that's all...

I also used this free program to extract and import the text chat logs from Skype....a really neat program which I think you should download and use too later :)

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

lumos

May 9, 2013
fandv said:
Yes I am in the process of sponsoring her... :). I've passed the first stage (sponsor's assessment), now still going through stage 2 (sponsored person's assessment)

Oh no worries....the free/regular Skype is absolutely fine.....and yes just get screenshots....no need to overdo them (just get some every few days, and do this regularly)......I'd take screenshots of the chats, as well as the video call sessions (i.e.: showing both of your faces).

I also used this free program to extract and import the text chat logs from Skype....a really neat program which I think you should download and use too later :)

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html
Did you have any difficulty in the first stage? are you a citizen? and what country is your wife from? :D It's okay if you don't want to disclose info

Thank you so much! I will def download it! :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I copy and pasted it into Word, then edited out the excessive space. You can also take screenshots or use the Snipping Tool. It's not always necessary to show all your conversations, just show proof of regular contact.

When comparing proofs with someone, it's always best to think about their situation compared to theirs. For example, I live with my husband (sponsor) so we have proof we are living together - which CIC likes. I didn't submit as much proof for contact because we live together - I sent in our joint lease and bank account information instead. Since you're apart, your application will include more emails and chat logs than mine (well probably, I sent a lot of proofs).

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
lumos said:
Did you have any difficulty in the first stage? are you a citizen? and what country is your wife from? :D It's okay if you don't want to disclose info

Thank you so much! I will def download it! :)
Yes....in fact I did have difficulties in the first stage...!! Nothing wrong about our relationship or my sponsorship eligibility though. What happened was: our application forms and supporting documents got lost, even though Canada Post confirmed that our parcel arrived on 30 Jan...!! The relationship proofs arrived safely though. If you wanna know more details, you can read my story here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2013-applicants-join-here-t129889.0.html;msg2155484#msg2155484

So we ended up having to redo all the forms and resubmit them....and finally got our stage 1 approval last month ;)

Yes I'm a Canadian citizen (formerly PR). Was born and raised in Indonesia. My wife's from Indonesia. (So our country is practically the Philippines' neighbour =P (some Tagalog words are identical to Indonesian words ;))

lumos

May 9, 2013
amikety said:
I copy and pasted it into Word, then edited out the excessive space. You can also take screenshots or use the Snipping Tool. It's not always necessary to show all your conversations, just show proof of regular contact.

When comparing proofs with someone, it's always best to think about their situation compared to theirs. For example, I live with my husband (sponsor) so we have proof we are living together - which CIC likes. I didn't submit as much proof for contact because we live together - I sent in our joint lease and bank account information instead. Since you're apart, your application will include more emails and chat logs than mine (well probably, I sent a lot of proofs).
Yes ofcourse thank you! That's what I plan to do, just copy & paste. I myself (my whole family) was sponsored to be here by my uncle and we carried on well and didn't need any social/financial assistance, affect anything?

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
amikety said:
just show proof of regular contact.
Totally agree...regularity is the key... ;)

lumos

May 9, 2013
fandv said:
Yes....in fact I did have difficulties in the first stage...!! Nothing wrong about our relationship or my sponsorship eligibility though. What happened was: our application forms and supporting documents got lost, even though Canada Post confirmed that our parcel arrived on 30 Jan...!! The relationship proofs arrived safely though. If you wanna know more details, you can read my story here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2013-applicants-join-here-t129889.0.html;msg2155484#msg2155484

So we ended up having to redo all the forms and resubmit them....and finally got our stage 1 approval last month ;)

Yes I'm a Canadian citizen (formerly PR). Was born and raised in Indonesia. My wife's from Indonesia. (So our country is practically the Philippines' neighbour =P (some Tagalog words are identical to Indonesian words ;))
Ohh so how long did it take in total? :D Yes I have Indonesian classmates back in the Phils :)) Okay I'll read up it seems very interesting!

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lumos said:
Yes ofcourse thank you! That's what I plan to do, just copy & paste. I myself (my whole family) was sponsored to be here by my uncle and we carried on well and didn't need any social/financial assistance, affect anything?
That's good then :). Well the requirement is that you just can't sponsor while on welfare.....(but I believe, EI is allowed...)

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lumos said:
Ohh so how long did it take in total? :D Yes I have Indonesian classmates back in the Phils :)) Okay I'll read up it seems very interesting!
You meant how long it took me to get my sponsorship approval? Literally 2 days after my redone application arrived at CPC-M :). Buuuuttttt, don't use that as a standard...I had a special circumstance, so probably the CIC greatly expedited my stage 1 assessment. The normal standard (as of this writing) is around 1 to 1.5 month for stage 1. And then you'd add 12 more months for Filipino applicants.....even that's not set in stone either, as that's what it takes the CIC to finalise 80% of the applications...

To check processing times, you should always refer to this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Ysstal

Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2013
Passport Req..
November 8,2013
Hi lumos we're almost at the same situation.. I'm 22
My husband and i were bf gf for more than a year before we got married january of this year.... I had just submitted our application last week. :)

lumos

May 9, 2013
fandv said:
You meant how long it took me to get my sponsorship approval? Literally 2 days after my redone application arrived at CPC-M :). Buuuuttttt, don't use that as a standard...I had a special circumstance, so probably the CIC greatly expedited my stage 1 assessment. The normal standard (as of this writing) is around 1 to 1.5 month for stage 1. And then you'd add 12 more months for Filipino applicants.....even that's not set in stone either, as that's what it takes the CIC to finalise 80% of the applications...

To check processing times, you should always refer to this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
Did they ask you about your income? Do you think income matters?

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lumos said:
Yes.....2 (or 3? I can't remember exactly) of the forms ask about the sponsor's income. If you're sponsoring only your spouse, then no, income doesn't matter.....even not having a job is alright too, but you should explain how you plan to support your spouse later on.

All the forms are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Part 1 is the sponsor's forms and part 2 is the sponsored person's forms. Then there's a regional checklist that you should include too. Since the principal applicant (your bf/future husband) is Filipino, his regional checklist is IMM 3905 :)

Note: the term "principal applicant" is used interchangeably with "sponsored person". You, on the other hand, would be the sponsor, and that's the sole terminology...

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
amikety said:
You can. I don't have a subscription either, but I included our Skype video call log.
I have the EHarmony Emails copy pasted to word and records of those emails sent to my private email ( notifications basically) and every Facebook msg sent between him and I since our first date ( I'm also very sentimental ;) ). We will have been together 2 years and one month at the time of our marriage. And I will be filing as soon as I get my new passport ( End of November hopefully but probably December).

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
lumos said:
Income only matters to show you don't need welfare (social assistance). You do not need income to sponsor. If your parents will support you and your husband (i. e., give him a place to live, let him eat at your house) ask them to write a letter for CIC. If his parents will help too (i. e., send him money) they can write a letter too.

Since you have little income as a student, you can write a statement to CIC to explain your plans to support yourself. CIC can consider support from family (like above) and your husband's ability to work.

The main thing - they want to know you do not need welfare! That's it. Sweden (username) was sponsor by her partner with no income (student) so it's 100% okay.