+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage on visiting visa !!!

vv91

Apr 3, 2019
In today's world, it is difficult to believe that someone will agree to an arranged marriage without even knowing/meeting the other person. It does not happen even in the villages.

I have personally seen families 'negotiating' (yup money and goodies) to bring a 'spouse' to Canada on their Canadian passport.

Let's consider this situation from the Canadian lady's perspective:
It's incredulous if she agreed to marrying this guy without knowing or meeting him in person. Didn't think that someone from Canada would walk into an arranged marriage with a complete stranger only because both families agreed
Hi,
I'd like to request your advice for my situation.
I'm a new permanent resident of CA residing in Ontario (moved to CA from India, a month ago).

I've been in a relationship with someone for the past 10 years. He is currently residing in Dubai.
We are both Indian citizens. Where we come from, we belong to different religions and its difficult in convincing both families for the marriage. So we would like to register the marriage in CA and apply for spousal sponsorship to help him get to CA as soon as possible. We have enough proof of our relationship for the past 10 years like photographs, travel records, etc and our friends are ready to testify for us.

I've some queries in this regard.
1. Is it possible to get him to CA with a TRV and register the marriage here?
2. Is it mandatory to add spouse details to my passport, inorder to apply for spousal sponsorship?
3. Can we expedite the process of sponsoring him by registering the marriage in CA?
4. Do I need a job in CA to sponsor him? (I'm currently hunting)
5. I'm waiting to receive my PR Card as I'm a new immigrant. Do I need the PR card to get the marriage licence?
6. Is getting married in our home country a better idea to apply for the sponsorship? We are currently exploring possibilities of doing it in CA with reference to some of the points stated above.
7. What are the chances of having him stay back in CA after registering the marriage? I meant work permit, inland spouse sponsorship, etc

I'd be grateful if you could provide information for my queries.

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
vv91

Feb 12, 2019
HI FRIENDS,

i have a quary about change in date of marriage which is wrongly written in my visa application and now we r in canada and apply for chnage in date but after passing 3 months their is no reply and confirmation ...how can we check the status.
i was apply through email to delhiimmigration since visa approved from delhi.

please help.

thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
HI FRIENDS,

i have a quary about change in date of marriage which is wrongly written in my visa application and now we r in canada and apply for chnage in date but after passing 3 months their is no reply and confirmation ...how can we check the status.
i was apply through email to delhiimmigration since visa approved from delhi.

please help.

thanks,
IRCC will not inform you about the change in their records. You're visiting as a visitor, right?