+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage of Convenience/ Marriags Fraud

Jskahlon

Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone. I am writing this to take a step forward and unite all of you who are facing these cheating from their spouses. My sister faced this marriage of convenience situation. That fraud guy married to my sister in India. Almost within a year he got PR as my sister sponsored him. But he left her within 2 months of coming here to Canada. We hired a lawyer filed a full complaint with all legal practices, But the IRCC or CBSA or whoever is responsible to reply haven't given us any clue it now. It is been alkost year now. We don't even know after leaving my sister where is he living now.

I don't just get the government system. Why government think that the people who gets sponsored by their spouses only they can be victim. I saw 100s other who did marriage genuinely, lived their partner but as soon as they come to canada they left the person who beought them here. We are human beings show can government expect that we can see through other person's mind that what he/she thinking at back of their minds. No matter how government make the rule but bad people always take advamtage of that. But is doesn't even mean that good and innocent people will have to suffer.

Many of the victims don't even file complaint against such fraudulents beacause most of them are alone and most don't even know what to do. some like us who have spend money and time to bring the issue in front of govt. We get nothing.but just wait wait and wait. . . . .

So why don't we come togeather and file cases togeather and take help of other resources and show the government this issue together. I really want to do this for my sister and family. I saw my sister suffering with this. ((Couples who have casual fights in between and just want to deport there spouses just to take revenge plz seek another way))
Other, reply me if you are one of the victim. We will get together in this and bring justice to our doors. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. I am writing this to take a step forward and unite all of you who are facing these cheating from their spouses. My sister faced this marriage of convenience situation. That fraud guy married to my sister in India. Almost within a year he got PR as my sister sponsored him. But he left her within 2 months of coming here to Canada. We hired a lawyer filed a full complaint with all legal practices, But the IRCC or CBSA or whoever is responsible to reply haven't given us any clue it now. It is been alkost year now. We don't even know after leaving my sister where is he living now.

I don't just get the government system. Why government think that the people who gets sponsored by their spouses only they can be victim. I saw 100s other who did marriage genuinely, lived their partner but as soon as they come to canada they left the person who beought them here. We are human beings show can government expect that we can see through other person's mind that what he/she thinking at back of their minds. No matter how government make the rule but bad people always take advamtage of that. But is doesn't even mean that good and innocent people will have to suffer.

Many of the victims don't even file complaint against such fraudulents beacause most of them are alone and most don't even know what to do. some like us who have spend money and time to bring the issue in front of govt. We get nothing.but just wait wait and wait. . . . .

So why don't we come togeather and file cases togeather and take help of other resources and show the government this issue together. I really want to do this for my sister and family. I saw my sister suffering with this. ((Couples who have casual fights in between and just want to deport there spouses just to take revenge plz seek another way))
Other, reply me if you are one of the victim. We will get together in this and bring justice to our doors. Thank you.
I'm very sorry for your sister's situation.

Note that it's quite possible CBSA / IRCC are investigating this case. It takes a while for them to investigate and come to a decision. And due to privacy reasons your sister is not notified of progress.

A few years ago IRCC had a policy in place whereby applicants had to remain with the sponsors for two years after become PRs to keep their PRs status. This was referred to as "conditional PR". This program was dropped due to public feedback and concerns about abuse. It sounds like you are asking for a return of this program or something similar. I would recommend that you reseach what was in place a few years ago if you are going to petition the government for a change. You can find information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/04/eliminating_the_imbalanceforsponsoredspousesandpartnersbyremovin.html

Good luck.

Reactions: baconsocks

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I'm very sorry for your sister's situation.

Note that it's quite possible CBSA / IRCC are investigating this case. It takes a while for them to investigate and come to a decision. And due to privacy reasons your sister is not notified of progress.

A few years ago IRCC had a policy in place whereby applicants had to remain with the sponsors for two years after become PRs to keep their PRs status. This was referred to as "conditional PR". This program was dropped due to public feedback and concerns about abuse. It sounds like you are asking for a return of this program or something similar. I would recommend that you reseach what was in place a few years ago if you are going to petition the government for a change. You can find information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/04/eliminating_the_imbalanceforsponsoredspousesandpartnersbyremovin.html

Good luck.
Yeah cond. PR doesnt work, somebody who is determined 2 years is nothing to pretend. Might as well go right away or children might be born in a fake relationship. It would need to be something like 10 years conditionl to work,but then sponsors may turn into abusers.. so forget it. If you were cheated just move on. It might help not to sponsor poor people in future. I also made this mistake first sponsorship. I sponsored a poor girl whos wish simply to leave their rathole by all costs. Trust me, they have a huge willpower to fake themselves for quite long time due to their lifelong impoverishment and any red flags you feel sometimes get overshadowed by feelings, in this way you must ignore love and go with gut feeling. Only experienced people can do it.
Now second time my sponsored wife is well off and she is quite happy to live in her own country, there were no red flags.
There are many tests/signs to know if somebody is fake. For example a very powerful test is telling your foreign girlfriend
"Darling, you know, actually I want to leave Canada and move in with you here because I love your country more than Canada"....If he/she reacts negatively then its huge red flag. There are many types if psychological tests you can try. It is cold, but it will save yoy a lot of future torment.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Yeah cond. PR doesnt work, somebody who is determined 2 years is nothing to pretend. Might as well go right away or children might be born in a fake relationship. It would need to be something like 10 years conditionl to work,but then sponsors may turn into abusers.. so forget it. If you were cheated just move on. It might help not to sponsor poor people in future. I also made this mistake first sponsorship. I sponsored a poor girl whos wish simply to leave their rathole by all costs. Trust me, they have a huge willpower to fake themselves for quite long time due to their lifelong impoverishment and any red flags you feel sometimes get overshadowed by feelings, in this way you must ignore love and go with gut feeling. Only experienced people can do it.
Now second time my sponsored wife is well off and she is quite happy to live in her own country, there were no red flags.
There are many tests/signs to know if somebody is fake. For example a very powerful test is telling your foreign girlfriend
"Darling, you know, actually I want to leave Canada and move in with you here because I love your country more than Canada"....If he/she reacts negatively then its huge red flag. There are many types if psychological tests you can try. It is cold, but it will save yoy a lot of future torment.
From which countries were your first and second wifes of you don't mind me asking?

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Sorry to hear that this happened to your sister. I cannot even imagine what you guys are going through.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. Such situations will continue to arise until half of the world is rich and the other half is under the poverty line. There is no humane conditional period that could be applied too. Humans suck up to their bosses their whole lives... nevermind being in a convenience relationship...

I beg to differ from other users who have commented before me saying that she should have used tests or other things. It's just that you will never ever be able to tell if it's fake or real.

On a positive note, your sister doesn't have to live with somebody who doesn't love her or care for her. But I agree that he should not be allowed to keep living in Canada. However, if your story is not genuine (which I am not saying it's not, I am just trying to think from the perspective of the other side) then this could very well be a normal divorce/separation where the enraged partner wants to take hold of the others life.

That's exactly why IRCC takes a long time to investigate these cases. These cases are not as simple as they look like!!

Reactions: edenfair

Jskahlon

Mar 24, 2019
Hi everyone. Thanks for your reply.
First of all i want to mention that in my post i didn't say that my sister knew that it is marriage of convenience. She came to know when that idot reached canada and his behavior was totally rude and ignorant from the airport when we went to receive him.
Second, i won't say that poor people do that. It will be racism if adress such people based on race, color, economic status or other specifications. It is the game of dirty mind and bad thinking.
Now the main point i know all the previous changes in sponsorship rules. I know people were getting abused in previous 2 years conditional PR.
And I know there are currently no such rule det deport such fraudulents rightaway. That's why i am trying to gether such victims so we can come up with some fair rules.

I know it is hard to change rules of sponsorship because either way bad people make their ways to misuse it. I want that govt. should nake the investigation process fast and transparent for the people who misuse it. Because 1st point:- until this process done the victim lives in stress all the time until it ends. Secend the fraudulents know that there gonna be way too long process until there will be an action taken against them. So, they find other ways to settle by the time.

If they get divorce after yearlong separation the fraudulents can get marry again. By that time if investgation declare him/her fraudulent he would have set new family then how can CBSA will deport him or her.

So, if you guys can help me to get other people how are suffreing like this that will be very thankful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone. Thanks for your reply.
First of all i want to mention that in my post i didn't say that my sister knew that it is marriage of convenience. She came to know when that idot reached canada and his behavior was totally rude and ignorant from the airport when we went to receive him.
Second, i won't say that poor people do that. It will be racism if adress such people based on race, color, economic status or other specifications. It is the game of dirty mind and bad thinking.
Now the main point i know all the previous changes in sponsorship rules. I know people were getting abused in previous 2 years conditional PR.
And I know there are currently no such rule det deport such fraudulents rightaway. That's why i am trying to gether such victims so we can come up with some fair rules.

I know it is hard to change rules of sponsorship because either way bad people make their ways to misuse it. I want that govt. should nake the investigation process fast and transparent for the people who misuse it. Because 1st point:- until this process done the victim lives in stress all the time until it ends. Secend the fraudulents know that there gonna be way too long process until there will be an action taken against them. So, they find other ways to settle by the time.

If they get divorce after yearlong separation the fraudulents can get marry again. By that time if investgation declare him/her fraudulent he would have set new family then how can CBSA will deport him or her.

So, if you guys can help me to get other people how are suffreing like this that will be very thankful.
If they separate he will have to wait 5 years since his landing date to qualify as a sponsor. In many cases people miss the warning signs that marriages are about immigration. I would make sure people throw out the possibility of not moving to Canada, not starting sponsorship right away, spend more time together before sponsoring. Sponsorship comes up a lot in these arranged or long distance marriages. Spouses should listen to their intuition and their family's concerns and not be afraid to withdraw or delay sponsorship. Once people are in Canada it becomes much harder to deal with and you have concrete proof that the marriage only went ahead for the sponsorship and the plan was to leave soon after arriving in Canada. You need things like emails, texts, etc. Splitting up soon after getting to Canada could also be innocent enough that the couple didn't get along or that there was violence.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017

How many years did they know each other?
Was she tricked/ cheated?
The sponsorship was approved with evidence.
She might loose her permanent residence because she knew him very well.

Reactions: lossada and mpsqra

lossada

Sep 5, 2017

your sister would be in troubles.
she is part of the fraud.

Reactions: mpsqra

Macardent

Jul 28, 2020
My brother is in the same boat. Many people fool Canadians and commit fraud to obtain permanent residency. Our government is blind! These people come here and go on social assistance, become a burden on our welfare system. It’s sad that people who actually need help aren’t able to get it because the foreigners fraudulently obtain PR and claim same rights as the people who have been paying taxes for years and actually contributing to the economy.

• Haha
Reactions: mpsqra

Macardent

Jul 28, 2020
My brother is in the same boat. Many people fool Canadians and commit fraud to obtain permanent residency. Our government is blind! These people come here and go on social assistance, become a burden on our welfare system. It’s sad that people who actually need help aren’t able to get it because the foreigners fraudulently obtain PR and claim same rights as the people who have been paying taxes for years and actually contributing to the economy.
Honestly speaking if someone is experiencing abuse or violence all they need to prove that they weren’t able to obtain a ticket backhome. Like if you are unhappy in a marriage or are facing abuse then just go back to the country you came from. No one is forcing you stay here. Honestly more than 50% of these “abuse” claims are false. I am not saying there isn’t actual abuse but many people use it to play with the system and take as much money as they can from the sponsor so they can send money backhome which inevitably destroying our economy.

Jskahlon

Mar 24, 2019
If they separate he will have to wait 5 years since his landing date to qualify as a sponsor. In many cases people miss the warning signs that marriages are about immigration. I would make sure people throw out the possibility of not moving to Canada, not starting sponsorship right away, spend more time together before sponsoring. Sponsorship comes up a lot in these arranged or long distance marriages. Spouses should listen to their intuition and their family's concerns and not be afraid to withdraw or delay sponsorship. Once people are in Canada it becomes much harder to deal with and you have concrete proof that the marriage only went ahead for the sponsorship and the plan was to leave soon after arriving in Canada. You need things like emails, texts, etc. Splitting up soon after getting to Canada could also be innocent enough that the couple didn't get along or that there was violence.

Yes, we do have proofs of texf msgs. Olhe was trying so hard to make my sister feel that she did something wrong worh him and that's why he is not talking to her. But thwre was nothing like that. He did said anything even he was hardly talking to my sister as soon as he got COPR. My sister got depression because of that, thinking all day and night that what did she do wrong. Then we ascleted situation to our parents. Our parents talked to his parent to figure out what is going in his head. But ge refused to tell. So it was straight forward that he was makeing excuses to stay away and just leave. Whe he came to know that my sister is u der depression medication he left within two days. Moreover by that time his parent flew from India and came to his sister's house in BC. So, that there will be nobody to questioned back home.

I know we can prove clearly that whaf were his intentions.but the problem is the Immigration fraud investigation systems sucks. This is 11th month from the time we hired laywer and filed complaint against him. And we didn't get a single sign of investigation form them.