+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage of Convenience/ Marriags Fraud

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
The best thing one can do to avoid marriage fraud is not to be too hasty. It’s not IRCC’s responsibility to babysit and make sure you’ve chosen a good partner. Sponsoring someone as your partner to come to Canada permanently isn’t something you just do on a whim. My husband and I were together for almost eight years before I sponsored him last year. I took on such a stressful undertaking because I made damn sure he was a decent man and that I loved him first BEFORE I sponsored him. Now that he’s here as a permanent resident he’s my best friend and soulmate. I couldn’t be any happier.

Best advice I can give. Don’t rush things. Make absolute sure you really want to do this before making such a huge decision.
oh just read your good post n wanna say that not all of us have the possibility of have an 8 year long distance realtionship where one spouse is in a visa-required 3rd world country...and now with Covid World its nearly impossible, unless you move to said country for 8 years to get to know the person.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
oh just read your good post n wanna say that not all of us have the possibility of have an 8 year long distance realtionship where one spouse is in a visa-required 3rd world country...and now with Covid World its nearly impossible, unless you move to said country for 8 years to get to know the person.
It is possible to commit to moving to another person's home country if one wants to prioritize their relationship. Many would not consider sponsoring someone without having a long term relationship where they have spent quite a lot of time in person.

Reactions: DiiDii

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
It is possible to commit to moving to another person's home country if one wants to prioritize their relationship. Many would not consider sponsoring someone without having a long term relationship where they have spent quite a lot of time in person.
its possible when if you live in your parent's basement lol

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
its possible when if you live in your parent's basement lol
That's ridiculous. There are plenty of people who can work remotely, put their stuff in storage, rent out their property, save money to relocate for a year, etc. If people want to prioritize living together before sponsorship it is possible.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
There are plenty of people who can work remotely, put their stuff in storage, rent out their property, save money to relocate for a year, etc.
Hmm I beg to differ lol. You deny that Covid restrictions have made so many ppl lose their jobs? They should all work remotely, yeah! The whole world can function remotely, no need to worry, we are saved. (also I meant 8 years like in your case)

Reactions: pc8922

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Lets have all Walmart employees, the cashiers, the produce stockers, the truck drivers, the bus drivers - ALL work remotely LOL we can take a virtual bus ride and eat virtual food.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hmm I beg to differ lol. You deny that Covid restrictions have made so many ppl lose their jobs? They should all work remotely, yeah! The whole world can function remotely, no need to worry, we are saved. (also I meant 8 years like in your case)
Not everyone has lost their job and many can live on a minimal budget in other countries and could live off savings or their spouse's income abroad.

• Haha
Reactions: Phalos

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Lets have all Walmart employees, the cashiers, the produce stockers, the truck drivers, the bus drivers - ALL work remotely LOL we can take a virtual bus ride and eat virtual food.
Just because you may not chose to move abroad for a year doesn't mean it isn't possible. People may save a year to be able to move abroad for 6-12 months. Sponsoring a spouse and/or getting married is a serious commitment and many would not consider it without significant time in person with a partner. You seem to feel like moving abroad to live with a spouse is unrealistic yet sponsoring someone without spending much time with them isn't a huge risk with serious financial implications.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Just because you may not chose to move abroad for a year doesn't mean it isn't possible. People may save a year to be able to move abroad for 6-12 months. Sponsoring a spouse and/or getting married is a serious commitment and many would not consider it without significant time in person with a partner. You seem to feel like moving abroad to live with a spouse is unrealistic yet sponsoring someone without spending much time with them isn't a huge risk with serious financial implications.
Yeah I agree, its a double edge sword. Bringing in a fraud spouse is a huge headache that can ruin somebody's life for the foreseeable future.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
You seem to feel like moving abroad to live with a spouse is unrealistic yet sponsoring someone without spending much time with them isn't a huge risk with serious financial implications.
Why does IRCC allow arrange marriages for the life of me I don't know.
That's not even a love marriage. Just somebody "arrange" the marriage is already a marriage of convenience to both parties involved.

garry4

Feb 9, 2021
If the time between marriage and sponsorship is long and you've been together long enough to have children that isn't a marriage of convenience. That is a relationship breakdown.
no it's not relationship breakdown. when u hear my whole story then u will be say this is marriage of convenience. long story in short because my husband has other relationship and he started fighting once he got pr card. he admitted on me that his marriage was motive to come in Canada.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
no it's not relationship breakdown. when u hear my whole story then u will be say this is marriage of convenience. long story in short because my husband has other relationship and he started fighting once he got pr card. he admitted on me that his marriage was motive to come in Canada.
We cannot hear if you don't tell.
Did you record and keep the evidence when he admitted that his marrage was to come to Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Having other relationships still doesn't mean a marriage of convenience. Unless you have in writing or an audio recording saying that your whole relationship was fake and was only to secure PR you're going to have a very hard time proving marriage of convenience. If you have children and he's been involved in their lives that would be a counterargument that it was a real relationship. Marriage of convenience is extremely hard to prove and the longer the relationship the harder to prove especially if children are involved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why does IRCC allow arrange marriages for the life of me I don't know.
That's not even a love marriage. Just somebody "arrange" the marriage is already a marriage of convenience to both parties involved.
Rejecting all arranged marriages would be discrimination. It certainly makes evaluating relationships much harder and unfortunately many of the arranged marriages are based on immigration.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Before applicant has landed receives PR stamp, it is very easy to prove MOC :D :D :D
1 email at any time and its over.