+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage of Convenience/ Marriags Fraud

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Before applicant has landed receives PR stamp, it is very easy to prove MOC :D :D :D
1 email at any time and its over.
Asking to withdraw sponsorship isn't proving MOC. A random email suggesting that this may be an MOC may result in more scrutiny but does not guarantee sponsorship refusal.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Asking to withdraw sponsorship isn't proving MOC. A random email suggesting that this may be an MOC may result in more scrutiny but does not guarantee sponsorship refusal.
I mean like you send email to visa office "guys I think my wife is MOCking me so cancel " Visa Office- DONE

AFter Landing "guys my wife MOCked me, can you send her back pls"
Visa Office- PROVE IT SUCKER

Reactions: DiiDii

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I mean like you send email to visa office "guys I think my wife is MOCking me so cancel " Visa Office- DONE

AFter Landing "guys my wife MOCked me, can you send her back pls"
Visa Office- PROVE IT SUCKER
The email doesn't prove MOC. It just means you changed your mind. Before a spouse lands there is no need to prove anything you just withdraw the sponsorship application.

Reactions: Phalos

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
The email doesn't prove MOC. It just means you changed your mind. Before a spouse lands there is no need to prove anything you just withdraw the sponsorship application.
So why can't we change our mind after say 6 months after they landed? ircc does not make it easy after landing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So why can't we change our mind after say 6 months after they landed? ircc does not make it easy after landing.
After an individual gets PR only IRCC could take away a person's PR although the individual could appeal. If a spouse had the ability to cancel's their partner's PR, the partner could threaten/abuse/exploit the partner. At any argument people would threaten to call IRCC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah well too freakin bad. Nobody put a gun to their head to get sponsored n nobody is forcing them to stay if they're treated badly. Why should they suddenly be entitled.
Why should Canada help people to exploit and abuse others by allowing spouses to threaten to cancel their status? Canada could consider an independent review if spouses separate but then more people may stay in abusive relationships. It's a no win situation.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Why should Canada help people to exploit and abuse others by allowing spouses to threaten to cancel their status? Canada could consider an independent review if spouses separate but then more people may stay in abusive relationships. It's a no win situation.
Because the sponsor signs 3 years contract, and so the applicant should also sign a contract to live with sponsor during the contract. If the applicant isn't happy with his sponsor then they should go BACK HOME - because they are not here for PR Status. If they want PR Status they can apply for XPRESS ENTRY from back home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Because the sponsor signs 3 years contract, and so the applicant should also sign a contract to live with sponsor during the contract. If the applicant isn't happy with his sponsor then they should go BACK HOME - because they are not here for PR Status. If they want PR Status they can apply for XPRESS ENTRY from back home.
This whole issue was examined before changes were being made. Women or men were remaining in abusive relationships for 2 years in order to secure PR. The decision was that a person's life was worth more than allowing a few people to retain their PR status after separating from their partner. The 5 years until you can sponsor a spouse creates an obstacle from people being sponsored, separating once they get PR and sponsoring another spouse. Some may return home but many may have family pressure to remain in Canada and many countries don't treat divorced women very well so they may be safer in Canada. In general it is a relatively small percentage of sponsored spouses who separate and remain in Canada and keep their PR. Unfortunately there are awful situations like the one I have linked.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5901768/tharshika-jeganathan-community-reaction/

May 25, 2021
Hello everyone. I am writing this to take a step forward and unite all of you who are facing these cheating from their spouses. My sister faced this marriage of convenience situation. That fraud guy married to my sister in India. Almost within a year he got PR as my sister sponsored him. But he left her within 2 months of coming here to Canada. We hired a lawyer filed a full complaint with all legal practices, But the IRCC or CBSA or whoever is responsible to reply haven't given us any clue it now. It is been alkost year now. We don't even know after leaving my sister where is he living now.

I don't just get the government system. Why government think that the people who gets sponsored by their spouses only they can be victim. I saw 100s other who did marriage genuinely, lived their partner but as soon as they come to canada they left the person who beought them here. We are human beings show can government expect that we can see through other person's mind that what he/she thinking at back of their minds. No matter how government make the rule but bad people always take advamtage of that. But is doesn't even mean that good and innocent people will have to suffer.

Many of the victims don't even file complaint against such fraudulents beacause most of them are alone and most don't even know what to do. some like us who have spend money and time to bring the issue in front of govt. We get nothing.but just wait wait and wait. . . . .

So why don't we come togeather and file cases togeather and take help of other resources and show the government this issue together. I really want to do this for my sister and family. I saw my sister suffering with this. ((Couples who have casual fights in between and just want to deport there spouses just to take revenge plz seek another way))
Other, reply me if you are one of the victim. We will get together in this and bring justice to our doors. Thank you.
Hi, how do I get in touch with you? Is there a support group? thanks!

May 25, 2021
This whole issue was examined before changes were being made. Women or men were remaining in abusive relationships for 2 years in order to secure PR. The decision was that a person's life was worth more than allowing a few people to retain their PR status after separating from their partner. The 5 years until you can sponsor a spouse creates an obstacle from people being sponsored, separating once they get PR and sponsoring another spouse. Some may return home but many may have family pressure to remain in Canada and many countries don't treat divorced women very well so they may be safer in Canada. In general it is a relatively small percentage of sponsored spouses who separate and remain in Canada and keep their PR. Unfortunately there are awful situations like the one I have linked.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5901768/tharshika-jeganathan-community-reaction/
Is there a support group? Can we do something to change the situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there a support group? Can we do something to change the situation?
You can report your spouse to IRCC / CBSA for entering into a marriage of convenience and for using you to get PR status. Whether IRCC / CBSA takes action against your spouse is out of your hands and will be based on their assessment of the circumstances. Use this link to report your spouse: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

1234Easyme

Dec 21, 2019
Hello everyone. I am writing this to take a step forward and unite all of you who are facing these cheating from their spouses. My sister faced this marriage of convenience situation. That fraud guy married to my sister in India. Almost within a year he got PR as my sister sponsored him. But he left her within 2 months of coming here to Canada. We hired a lawyer filed a full complaint with all legal practices, But the IRCC or CBSA or whoever is responsible to reply haven't given us any clue it now. It is been alkost year now. We don't even know after leaving my sister where is he living now.

I don't just get the government system. Why government think that the people who gets sponsored by their spouses only they can be victim. I saw 100s other who did marriage genuinely, lived their partner but as soon as they come to canada they left the person who beought them here. We are human beings show can government expect that we can see through other person's mind that what he/she thinking at back of their minds. No matter how government make the rule but bad people always take advamtage of that. But is doesn't even mean that good and innocent people will have to suffer.

Many of the victims don't even file complaint against such fraudulents beacause most of them are alone and most don't even know what to do. some like us who have spend money and time to bring the issue in front of govt. We get nothing.but just wait wait and wait. . . . .

So why don't we come togeather and file cases togeather and take help of other resources and show the government this issue together. I really want to do this for my sister and family. I saw my sister suffering with this. ((Couples who have casual fights in between and just want to deport there spouses just to take revenge plz seek another way))
Other, reply me if you are one of the victim. We will get together in this and bring justice to our doors. Thank you.
Hi there, I am also victim of marriage fraud and my ex husband did this to me.