+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage License for tourist VISA Same Sex Relationship

Qwerty1234@

Jan 27, 2019
hey all,

i have a quick question. my partner is got his Tourist Visa but we also want to get married in BC.
My question is? I'm planning to get a Marriage License in BC but I'm wondering do i need to present his original copy of identification? or is it okay all just scan. like it only need two. but to make it approve i'll submit 5 kind different of SCAN ID like ( Birth Certificate, Passport, Government ID, Voters ID, Phil health, Driver License and his Register Nurse ID> but all just a Scan ID? is this will be okay? because he will just going to stay in Canada for like 21 days? and i need to process everything before he come.

and second one. if it will approved just for example. I'm also worried if the Immigration will be notice that his vacation for visiting me have second reason is to marry me. and get denied and i don't know? maybe he will going back to philippines even have a tourist visa..

please someone help me? thank you very much..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It's really not "illegal" to enter Canada on a tourist visa to get married...it's certainly allowed, just not preferred, and I don't think he'd be denied entry into Canada for that reason. Really depends on the CBSA officer. Still would leave it out of the conversation unless explicitly asked.

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Scanned ID should be enough to get the Marriage License in BC. It literally takes minutes so get a Marriage License so even if you have to get it when your partner arrives it's nothing to get stressed about.

What's more important is finding and booking your Marriage comissioner. That can take a bit more legwork.