+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage is ending.

Merlyns_Tim

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
I don't think the government would hire a few more officers for each Embassy because of the budget. However, they can at least outsource some of the task to independent companies operating visa application centres (now handling mostly visiting visas and study permits) around the world to speed up the process a bit :)
Agreed, though I think in some of these countries where wages are traditionally quite low it might not hurt the budget too much to ad a couple, and I don't know about anyone else but I'd have gladly paid a couple of thousand dollars more if I knew it could shave 6 months off the year I've already waited since our documents went back to the Philippines. At my age the time with my wife would be a lot more valuable than the money to me. ;)

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree with Tim. I will not mind paying more us spending time with my family is ofcourse more valuable then money, If it helps them speeding up the process a bit. All of them are really good suggestions. At one side they say family is the first priority in terms of sponsorship n immigration. On the other hand they are speeding up skill worker's applications. But not the spouse or depended kids sponsor.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Governments should not operate for profit. The fee that I pay should cover the cost of processing my application within a reasonable amount of time. Barring any additional documents or information I consider an appropriate processing time for sponsorship to be 3 to 6 months. If they can not meet that deadline then they either need to improve their system or hire more processing officers.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is what it is....

We can't control who we're meant to be with, and in all honesty this is a good thing because if the heat can't be handled now, the heat may be too much later.

Best of luck to you... It doesn't feel like it now, but your better off... Time will show that.

I have to say,that I'd wait years for my wife if I had too...as she is worth every second.

Your husband should feel the same... I'm sorry

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
07/07/12 but no VO as of 08/22/12
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
Luckyman said:
It is what it is....

We can't control who we're meant to be with, and in all honesty this is a good thing because if the heat can't be handled now, the heat may be too much later.

Best of luck to you... It doesn't feel like it now, but your better off... Time will show that.

I have to say,that I'd wait years for my wife if I had too...as she is worth every second.

Your husband should feel the same... I'm sorry
My husband DID wait for years. Four to be exact. Two of those in marriage. It has nothing to do with being worth it. It has to do with waiting twice as long as expected to be together. It adds stress. Financial pressure. Frustration. Anger. Sadness. ALong with every day affairs, losing parents, raising children, and a life that is already lived over a computer and telephone. AND not getting ANY response from anyone to even know when it will end. Limbo inside of Limbo. It's not living. And it shouldn't have taken this long. No, the government is not responsible for my marriage. But the application was straightforward. No problems at all! And they waived the interview LAST MARCH. People who applied in July and August, almost a year after us, ARE LANDING! Something is VERY wrong with this process and it has indeed caused Way more stress on my marriage than the normal process. Please try to understand. We expected to be together 6-8 months ago and there is NO END in sight.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
ELOH said:
My husband DID wait for years. Four to be exact. Two of those in marriage. It has nothing to do with being worth it. It has to do with waiting twice as long as expected to be together. It adds stress. Financial pressure. Frustration. Anger. Sadness. ALong with every day affairs, losing parents, raising children, and a life that is already lived over a computer and telephone. AND not getting ANY response from anyone to even know when it will end. Limbo inside of Limbo. It's not living. And it shouldn't have taken this long. No, the government is not responsible for my marriage. But the application was straightforward. No problems at all! And they waived the interview LAST MARCH. People who applied in July and August, almost a year after us, ARE LANDING! Something is VERY wrong with this process and it has indeed caused Way more stress on my marriage than the normal process. Please try to understand. We expected to be together 6-8 months ago and there is NO END in sight.
I do understand the added pressure once you see others land before you that applied after you. I see the same happening with our own application. July applicants now landing as our application sits on a pile somewhere in the Manila VO.
Maybe you can make a request for copies of the notes associated with your application. That would give you some indication of why it is still in process. Contact your MP.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well... Consider this...

If you got in a bad accident and you were together but hospitalized... Would he stay with you then? Would the expenses be too much? Would visits to the hospital end? What if it took years for a recovery... Or worse yet, you didn't fully recover?

I agree the system is very unfair... But blaming it is not an excuse... Not for you, but for the side that is willing to end it. There are many stresses and hurdles in life... And many of them within a marriage. There is a reason it is "till death do you part".

Trust me... Your better off.
I'm sorry...I really am, but time will show this for you.

Take care

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
07/07/12 but no VO as of 08/22/12
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
I am so sorry I posted this at all. I don't know why I did or what I expected. No one has lived what I have lived. It's true, I might be better off without him. My heart does not believe that, however. I just think had we known it was going to take two years to process instead of 8-10 months, we would've done things differently. Inland app, or I could've moved closer, etc. I'm not blaming CIC for my failed marriage, I'm not an idiot. I just think we should've been given a fair chance and CIC absolutely screwed us out of that. BY THE WAY- they admitted to losing his sponsorship app for the fist four months. Then they waited five months before transferring our file from a CLOSED office. It has been 10 months since they waived our INTERVIEW! And 6 months since our file was transferred to OTTATWA. and not a word. Every one of these steps should've gone differently. And we might've had a much better chance of surviving. As it is... we will now never know.

Merlyns_Tim

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luckyman said:
Well... Consider this...

If you got in a bad accident and you were together but hospitalized... Would he stay with you then? Would the expenses be too much? Would visits to the hospital end? What if it took years for a recovery... Or worse yet, you didn't fully recover?

I agree the system is very unfair... But blaming it is not an excuse... Not for you, but for the side that is willing to end it. There are many stresses and hurdles in life... And many of them within a marriage. There is a reason it is "till death do you part".

Trust me... Your better off.
I'm sorry...I really am, but time will show this for you.

Take care
Well, I've been going to just let it be and not say anything but Luckyman you speak as someone who has been waiting a grand total of 4 months, and I assume things are going very well. Both you and your wife are young and I don't doubt your wives visa will be in her hand by April.
It's easy to be all smiles and sunshine when things go smooth. It's not so easy when you feel your files have been neglected or are sitting at the bottom of a pile somewhere with nothing happening though. Some files are very straight forward, ... young woman never married before, no kids, hardly ever lived more than one or two places, .... then there are files like ours.
My wife has a son who's 19 and going to college, she's a widow, and has had several jobs and lived lots of places being now 53 years old. We've been waiting for their visa for 15 months now, and still have no idea when we'll see it, .... certainly not in time for Christmas as we had figured on though.
On the other hand a 52 year old acquaintance from work also went to the Philippines and married his 26 year old gf that he knew for a grand total of about 3 months in late November last year and they filed their documents in early march this year. She landed in Canada 3 weeks ago, so his entire wait was about 8 months start to finish.
It says on the CAS they started processing ours in mid Sept. this year, so they didn't even start processing ours till a year after we sent them in?

There are a lot of things that can cause stresses that lead to a melt down, and the financial burdens of a long wait weighs heavily on a lot of couples. Thank God that I hit an age where I could start drawing my CPP early or I'd surely be in a state of bankruptcy right now and all we'd worked for in this relationship would be lost. As it is we're just hanging on, and it's all because they cant seem to get things done in a timely manner for all who apply.

Only those who have been through this long wait and all the stresses involved can truly understand the devastation (emotionally, financially and physically) that happens to couples as months and sometimes years ad up.

My wife has really liked what you posted on here Luckyman and it is all well thought out but I remind her and you too that unless you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes it's hard to see or feel what they've been through. ;)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't know me, You don't know what we've been through, either myself or my wife. It also doesn't matter if things are peachy with my marriage, or if they're not... this isn't about us, it's about marriage and love...

These are the facts as I see them....Till death do us part...that is a fact. I made a promise to my wife, to my family, to my wife's family, to God, and to myself....and that's just it. It is a promise. And both myself or my wife or anyone on the planet should review the "vows" and really think about them before marriage locally or before marriage that will endure sponsorship.

I really feel for those with ended relationships, I really do. But that doesn't change that everyone's total wait times are, in fact, their entire lives.

That is only if the marriage is comprised of true love and respect, of course.

Did you know that in some countries, divorce isn't an option... imagine that...what tyranny, that's so archaic...(sarcasm)

Why have divorce rates gone up exponentially in north america...what has changed? technology? media? values?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
http://www.separation.ca/pdfs/divorcefacts.pdf

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
sunsun said:
http://www.separation.ca/pdfs/divorcefacts.pdf
Interesting, although there are some things on there that I'm pretty sure are wrong such as the divorce rate in the US hovering near 50%. I'm pretty sure it's closer to 30%.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Luckyman said:
You don't know me, You don't know what we've been through, either myself or my wife. It also doesn't matter if things are peachy with my marriage, or if they're not... this isn't about us, it's about marriage and love...

These are the facts as I see them....Till death do us part...that is a fact. I made a promise to my wife, to my family, to my wife's family, to God, and to myself....and that's just it. It is a promise. And both myself or my wife or anyone on the planet should review the "vows" and really think about them before marriage locally or before marriage that will endure sponsorship.

I really feel for those with ended relationships, I really do. But that doesn't change that everyone's total wait times are, in fact, their entire lives.

That is only if the marriage is comprised of true love and respect, of course.

Did you know that in some countries, divorce isn't an option... imagine that...what tyranny, that's so archaic...(sarcasm)

Why have divorce rates gone up exponentially in north america...what has changed? technology? media? values?
Totally agree with what you said from the begining. Marriage and vows has no value like it used to for most of the people now days and i feel sad about it, what will hapen in the next generations if its like that already..

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Shiny88 said:
Totally agree with what you said from the begining. Marriage and vows has no value like it used to for most of the people now days and i feel sad about it, what will hapen in the next generations if its like that already..
I agree with this, but we can't put the blame on ELOH. She wasn't the one who gave up on her marriage, her husband did.

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
Honestly once the heartbreak passes you will realize you've dodge a huge bullet by living permanently with this man. If he is not committed enough to you to see this process through no matter how long it takes, how committed to you do you think he would have been once he was here?

I'm in a very similar position as you; my husband and I have dating for 4 years and it's been pretty much long distance the whole time. Yes it's been huge financial strain on us, yes it's been stressful and frustrating. But.. he hasn't once wanted to give up on us, nor have I. And if he did, I don't think I would have any qualms about withdrawing the application and moving on with my life.. why waste both our times?

So I know it might seem harsh for me to say right now, but you need to look forward. The longer you dwell on this the longer you will be hurt.