File Transfer...
07/07/12 but no VO as of 08/22/12
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
The additional stress of 2000 miles, extended waiting periods, dwindling savings accounts and living in limbo finally took its toll. Four years I have been with my husband. We have been married for two. We applied 16 months ago and are in our forties. He lost his mom. I lost my dad. We both have kids. And we loved each other very much. But we have not heard anything and now my husband is stressed out and I cannot help. This is all due to the extension of the process and not knowing when it will end. Say what you will about people waiting longer. You are not us. WIth our circumstances. And my heart is broken. He wants us to end our marriage now. Thank you, CIC. Thanks for your support everyone. I wish it would've gone differently for us.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just want to say you guys are very lucky. Both of you don't need a visa to visit each other compare to the poster below, who hasn't not seen her son and husband in Pakistan for 2.5 years:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/never-ending-cycleneed-help-plz-t128159.0.html

Since your husband is Canadian, can't he live with you in the States or you can try to extend your visit in Canada? Did you try anything to save your marriage? Unlike that poster, you and your husband are visa exempted to visit each other, so I don't think your marriage ending has anything to do with CIC.

The distance between Pakistan and Canada far exceeds 2000 miles!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
I agree......I would be more then happy if my hubby just lived a border away and I could drive to him! WTF! Put blame where blame truly should be.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
chickie72 said:
I agree......I would be more then happy if my hubby just lived a border away and I could drive to him! WTF! Put blame where blame truly should be.
Just because ELOH lives in the US doesn't mean that she can just drive to visit her husband. The drive between where I was living in the US and where my husband was living in Canada would have been over 2300 miles, or a 36 hours drive, or 3 days of driving if you drive for 12 hours a day. Then another 36 hours back!

I think after a certain point more distance is almost meaningless. I don't think that 3000 miles would have been much harder to deal with than 2000--either way, you're waiting til you can afford plane tickets to visit.

ELOH, I'm very sorry that the distance and stress is destroying your relationship. Best of luck to you in the future.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
ELOH said:
The additional stress of 2000 miles, extended waiting periods, dwindling savings accounts and living in limbo finally took its toll. Four years I have been with my husband. We have been married for two. We applied 16 months ago and are in our forties. He lost his mom. I lost my dad. We both have kids. And we loved each other very much. But we have not heard anything and now my husband is stressed out and I cannot help. This is all due to the extension of the process and not knowing when it will end. Say what you will about people waiting longer. You are not us. WIth our circumstances. And my heart is broken. He wants us to end our marriage now. Thank you, CIC. Thanks for your support everyone. I wish it would've gone differently for us.
Immigration is definately not for everyone. Life sure is a journey ! Best of luck ! (pray for me please.....44 months since it began with CIC))

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
gsize said:
Immigration is definately not for everyone. Life sure is a journey ! Best of luck ! (pray for me please.....44 months since it began with CIC))
oh myyyyyy ::) goodluck to you. so far 23months on my side and waiting interview decision! Its very very hard to wait for so long, even though i communicate with my husband couples hours a day morning and night its very difficult we fight over simple thing which wouldnt happen if we would be togheter. he lives in south asia and not possible to travel more than once a year. Immigration waiting is truly deceiving.

@ELOH: i know its very hard, but in this hard time you both should stay strong. As someone else mentioned you or your husband should go to one or the others country with as visitor and spend couples of months. I wish you all the best.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm terribly sorry to hear that....but I don't agree. However, I do feel your pain. But please just note that in north america we take soooo much for granted.

YOU....have visa exempt.

I suggest one of you quit your job, pack up your stuff and get it "ready".....If you can't store it, get rid of it...sell it or junk it. (not sure which one of you are sponsor)

Then principal applicant uses the money from that to get plane ticket and come to Canada....they can't work, but they can stay for 6 months.....If you both can't afford that, then move, downgrade, do whatever has to happen....BUT, do this to save your marriage.

THIS is the love that North America seems to be loosing touch with.

Stuff is only stuff....Love is priceless.

I'm not the worst off by any means, but I'm 35, wife is 30, she left her job in Dubai and now waits in the Philippines for the process to end....I can barely afford my house....and certainly cannot afford plane ticket to Phil...and if I could, I barely have holidays at work.

She left everything she has, and I support her while we wait....

BUT, she can't come here at will.....and she is worth every second of waiting. Also, I'd do anything if the process lasted that long...I'd sell my house, I'd live in Bachelor pad, or rooming house if necessary....anything to be together in the end.

The point is, this process is rough, and you have waited very very long.....BUT, just count your blessings, and do what has to be done to end up together for the rest of your lives.....in the overall scheme of things, 16 months is peanuts compared to years together as a family.

This is the part that's really gonna hurt....

If either of you can't keep going, it means it isn't worth the effort....which means it isn't deep love.

I'm sorry, but I tell it how it is.

I'm hoping you can read this and try to save your marriage...realize how blessed you both are....and just be together

Take care!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
What is our marriage value ? One member just lost her jewelery and cheated by his husband but I wonder the first question from her is Can I get my PR ? If I were her , I will fight in the court to sue her husband and don't care anymore about PR....Just return to my country.
In other side , her husband is also a b*s***d and not a gentleman....
Sometimes people can easily promise each other in front of God , families to take care each other when they were in marriage ceremony.
They promise to love each other whatever problems , rich or poor , sick or healthy etc.....
When there is a problem , the only solution for them is Divorce..... Is it so easily say " Divorce " ? Don't you ever think about your children ?
In the past , people always appreciate about marriage value...They will embarrass if there is divorce....
Nowadays , many people just easier say " Divorce ".... :'(

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Let's hear " I never told you " by Colbie Caillat ;)

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
or " Just a Dream " by Carrie Underwood......

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
Hey there ELOH says "He wants to end our marriage now" and that she is heartbroken.
So, could we please give her some sympathy. She can't keep the marriage together by herself.
And it is fair to say that we have all been at the end of our ropes in this process.
So ELOH, Love is wonderful and difficult in the best of circumstances and these are not the best of circumstances. It is also very, very hard to find.

Anticipation

Merlyns_Tim

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anticipation said:
Hey there ELOH says "He wants to end our marriage now" and that she is heartbroken.
So, could we please give her some sympathy. She can't keep the marriage together by herself.
And it is fair to say that we have all been at the end of our ropes in this process.
So ELOH, Love is wonderful and difficult in the best of circumstances and these are not the best of circumstances. It is also very, very hard to find.

Anticipation
I agree completely with this.
Nothing but sympathy from me for what you're going through. I know all too well how hard it is living in different places while waiting for the CIC to approve things so a couple can live as family.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I know...that's why I asked her to hear those songs and also her husband ....I know it's ridiculous but who knows can save her married...
I'm also sympathy

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
ELOH said:
I would suggest you to pack up and be with your husband. Its easy to break stuff but hard to put it together. You or your husband don't need a Visa to see eachother. Stay with your hubby till you get the Visa.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Eloh, we're all just barely holding on. It could happen to the best of us and I think we all know it. It's not your fault.