WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
IslandAnnie said:
I am very sorry to hear of any marriage ending...and I am even sadder to hear of yours ending ELO, because those of us who have had to live apart from those we love know the difficulties. You have my sympathy and prayers....

Here is one bit of truth and advice.. if even one person in a marriage says it's over, that is enough. Like someone said earlier, it take two to make a marriage work. Life is very short (and I am plenty old enough to know it is VERY short), so be HAPPY. I have seen too many people waste years in marriages where they will never be happy because their spouse has no commitment to work on it. If you have done everything you can to make it work, then there is nothing more you can do..we don't have control over other people.

I hope you do what makes you happy... a marriage ending is very painful, but after a time there is healing and after healing, opportunity for true happiness. (I know this because it took over 50 years, one divorce and being widowed once, for me to find it.)

Wishing love to all,
Annie
This is what I was pretty much going to say. If one person says its over, then there isn't much you can do. Just know you gave it your all and take care of yourself please.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I disagree if one person says it's over then there isn't much you can do.... I told you before , my best friend and her husband wanted divorce....but finally they could solve their problems and now both of them are happy with their daughter.....

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
sunsun said:
I disagree if one person says it's over then there isn't much you can do.... I told you before , my best friend and her husband wanted divorce....but finally they could solve their problems and now both of them are happy with their daughter.....
After being in a relationship where one person gave up, and I kept trying. I disagree. You can do your best to change things, but if their mind is made up, it's made up. Plus who wants to be with someone who isn't putting in any effort to make the relationship work? I know I wouldn't. That type of thing gets old real quick and just leads to resentment. So if ELOH has done all she can and he says he doesn't want to try still, then at least she can walk away with her head held high. Knowing she wasn't the one who didn't try and she gave it her all.

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
07/07/12 but no VO as of 08/22/12
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
Again, thank you for all your thoughts and sympathy. I asked him today if there were any hope at all and he said no. For me to give up. That four years of this had taken so much out of him that he had nothing left to give and somewhere in the last while he had stopped loving me as his wife. That I should forget him. I know it was love. I know in my heart. And I know what this whole process did to both of us. Especially the last 6 months and road block after road block put up by CIC. It is too much for many people. He has made up his mind. And his heart is closed. I do not want anyone else. He will always be my husband. My heart. It doesn't matter how high I can hold my head. My heart is broken. I guess I don't need to be on here anymore. All of it was too late. It took too long.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
What is the required wait time for a sponsorship application for a US citizen?

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
CanadianJeepGuy said:
What is the required wait time for a sponsorship application for a US citizen?
as per cic now says its 35days for step 1 and 12months for step 2
ELOH said:
Again, thank you for all your thoughts and sympathy. I asked him today if there were any hope at all and he said no. For me to give up. That four years of this had taken so much out of him that he had nothing left to give and somewhere in the last while he had stopped loving me as his wife. That I should forget him. I know it was love. I know in my heart. And I know what this whole process did to both of us. Especially the last 6 months and road block after road block put up by CIC. It is too much for many people. He has made up his mind. And his heart is closed. I do not want anyone else. He will always be my husband. My heart. It doesn't matter how high I can hold my head. My heart is broken. I guess I don't need to be on here anymore. All of it was too late. It took too long.
I am sorry ELOH.. Big hug and i would say wait for more time... may be he is just frustrated now because of this cic waiting time..

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
simb said:
as per cic now says its 35days for step 1 and 12months for step 2....
So why isn't the Canadian sponsor talking to their MP? If your application has exceeded the posted processing time and CIC hasn't contacted you with what is causing the delay then banging on my MP's door demanding an explanation.

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
So why isn't the Canadian sponsor talking to their MP? If your application has exceeded the posted processing time and CIC hasn't contacted you with what is causing the delay then banging on my MP's door demanding an explanation.
IIRC they went through the Buffalo office, which was closed, and the files sent to Ottawa for processing, but there have been a ton of delays for many of those applicants.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
It's now a Conservative majority government. If the MP is Liberal, I don't think he/she can do anything about it. Besides, the posted processing time doesn't always reflect the actual times of individual applications.

Merlyns_Tim

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
It's now a Conservative majority government. If the MP is Liberal, I don't think he/she can do anything about it. Besides, the posted processing time doesn't always reflect the actual times of individual applications.
I honestly feel more people should be pelting Jason Kenney's office with complaints about how long the wait times are as well as letting him know how these horrific waits have negatively affected them and their relationships.
I know the man has heard the other side of the story a lot, and attended meetings where guys have been scammed and defrauded by those who have just used them to get into Canada so of course he wants to do right by us by making sure it doesn't happen to the rest of us, .. but there also has to be a reasonable balance as far as how long a couples are kept apart, because sooner or later it's going to take a toll.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merlyns_Tim said:
I honestly feel more people should be pelting Jason Kenney's office with complaints about how long the wait times are as well as letting him know how these horrific waits have negatively affected them and their relationships.
I know the man has heard the other side of the story a lot, and attended meetings where guys have been scammed and defrauded by those who have just used them to get into Canada so of course he wants to do right by us by making sure it doesn't happen to the rest of us, .. but there also has to be a reasonable balance as far as how long a couples are kept apart, because sooner or later it's going to take a toll.
I don't think people should rely only on the government to keep couples together. Cases like the OP can be avoided to take tolls. Since the husband is Canadian, he can always take the sponsoring their spouse as a Canadian living exclusively outside Canada route or the American wife "visit" his husband in Canada while waiting for PR route so that the couples are living together and maintaining relationships while the wait for PR.

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
steaky said:
I don't think people should rely only on the government to keep couples together. Cases like the OP can be avoided to take tolls. Since the husband is Canadian, he can always take the sponsoring their spouse as a Canadian living exclusively outside Canada route or the American wife "visit" his husband in Canada while waiting for PR route so that the couples are living together and maintaining relationships while the wait for PR.
I sort of agree. You can't expect the government to solve all your problems for you. As far as they are concerned, you made a choice to be with someone from a foreign country, so you have to wait out the process come what may. It sucks and ruins some relationships, but the government doesn't owe your spouse acceptance into the country because you fell in love with them. That is something you have to prove to them, which quite honestly is the way it should be. The extra long process times could be shorter, but in the end they don't owe your spouse that is applying anything.

Merlyns_Tim

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Of course the government alone is not responsible, but it frustrates and even angers me to read about how they plan to fast track skilled immigrant workers, .. while ignoring fast tracking something that IMO is even more important, and that's family, .. and by that I am talking strictly about couples.
Parents, grandparents, independent kids etc, ... let them go through as long it always has been, but for some of us who haven't been with our life partner for all too long, I'm certain many times the man or woman will meet someone who can and will live with them right away so they give up on the one they married because they have never had the chance to experience real marriage with them anyhow.
I'm in no way saying that's what happened to the OP, just that it can also be a pitfall.

There are many good arguments on every side of the issue, but for any marriage to be real sooner or later (hopefully not too much later) they have to let a couple actually live together. Otherwise all you have is a fantasy life with a pen-pal, and a world of stress and frustration.

If they are that far behind let them hire a few more officers for each Embassy, even if they have to jack the price of the processing up a bit to cover costs. ;D

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merlyns_Tim said:
If they are that far behind let them hire a few more officers for each Embassy, even if they have to jack the price of the processing up a bit to cover costs. ;D
I don't think the government would hire a few more officers for each Embassy because of the budget. However, they can at least outsource some of the task to independent companies operating visa application centres (now handling mostly visiting visas and study permits) around the world to speed up the process a bit :)