+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage for a visa

dragon17

Aug 24, 2010
hi everyone. i am writing for my cousin. he is 21 years old. and her aunt in Canada proposed that he my cousin, marry her friend who is 57 years old. so, my 21 year old cousin and the 57 year old who is never married, will get married here in our country, and apply for a spousal sponsorship. marriage will happen this march this year.

what are your thoughts on this? im trying to get some perspective so as i could help him decide, but im on the NO side of this matter. ]

do 100% of the spousal sponsorship are approved? does this age difference matter? will the embassy ever suspect that it was just a marriage for the visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - 100% of spousal sponsorships are not approved.

Yes - the age difference matters and will be seen as a red flag.

Yes - based on what you've said, the CIC will suspect this is a marriage of convenience.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dragon17 said:
hi everyone. i am writing for my cousin. he is 21 years old. and her aunt in Canada proposed that he my cousin, marry her friend who is 57 years old. so, my 21 year old cousin and the 57 year old who is never married, will get married here in our country, and apply for a spousal sponsorship. marriage will happen this march this year.

what are your thoughts on this? im trying to get some perspective so as i could help him decide, but im on the NO side of this matter. ]

do 100% of the spousal sponsorship are approved? does this age difference matter? will the embassy ever suspect that it was just a marriage for the visa?
VERY, VERY, VERY likely to be refused. Age difference can matter a great deal and would likely be a big red flag for a 21 year old and 57 year old, especially where the male is younger by more than 30 years. Approximately 20% of outland spousal applications are refused at the visa post. Yes, they WILL suspect it of being a MOC (Marriage of Convenience). If your cousin ever hopes to immigrate to Canada one day, they should NOT consider this as it would destroy their credibility with CIC. Tell him to go to school, get a good education, then some work experience and THEN think about immigrating to Canada.

dragon17

Aug 24, 2010
he is a registered nurse here in our country. what does it mean "red flag" and the MOC marriage for convenience, are these grave consequences?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dragon17 said:
he is a registered nurse here in our country. what does it mean "red flag" and the MOC marriage for convenience, are these grave consequences?
It means he's lying to CIC to gain status under the Immigration Act. Yes, it's a very bad thing. He should try to immigrate as a skilled worker, perhaps under the Licensed Practical Nurse category as the RN category has reached it's cap. Or try to come as a live in caregiver or some other type of temporary foreign worker.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dragon17 said:
do 100% of the spousal sponsorship are approved?

Certainly not.

does this age difference matter?

It does matter.

will the embassy ever suspect that it was just a marriage for the visa?

You have to be joking, they see this stuff all the time.
The fact that the 57 year old friend has never married before will also be a big issue.

What country is your cousin from, because that matters too?

Have they ever met, not likely - big issue there.
Has the cousin traveled out of his own country before?
Are the religious backgrounds different.........

If found out, he can be banned from ever coming to Canada.

You get the point :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Immigration officers aren't stupid. They can see a case like that from a mile away for what it is. Tell your cousin not to waste his time, and the aunt not to waste her money.

Let him focus on his studies and find a legitimate way of entering Canada that does not involve misrepresenting his motives.

dragon17

Aug 24, 2010
Baloo said:
The fact that the 57 year old friend has never married before will also be a big issue.

What country is your cousin from, because that matters too?

Have they ever met, not likely - big issue there.
Has the cousin traveled out of his own country before?
Are the religious backgrounds different.........

If found out, he can be banned from ever coming to Canada.

You get the point :)
he is from the philippines, and will apply in Manila.

they will meet for the first time on their wedding, but has talked thru the internet.

my cousin has never travelled out of the country, or within our country for that matter.

i am very nervous about my cousin's situation. i hope he gains perspective about this.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
dragon17 said:
he is from the philippines, and will apply in Manila.

they will meet for the first time on their wedding, but has talked thru the internet.

my cousin has never travelled out of the country, or within our country for that matter.

i am very nervous about my cousin's situation. i hope he gains perspective about this.
Situations like these make me so upset... MOCs make it harder on everyone else who is genuine and been waiting for months for loved ones to join them. I can appreciate people wanting to immigrate to Canada for a better life, but do it on your own merit and stop making the system rough for everyone who is genuine.

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
This will most likely be DENIED. If you look online at some of the appeals through immigration most of them are from third world countries with a large age gap. The fact that they will not meet until the wedding and the age difference alone will most likely set up a denial and thoroughly ruin any chance he has at immigrating to Canada in the future.
For instance my fiance and I are 33 and 55. That being said we are from the US and Canada, have a ton of evidence and truly are a genuine couple. I expect an interview however based on age. Not worried about that though as my marriage is not to get into Canada but rather to be with my spouse wherever he may be.
The fact that your cousin is from Manilla will be thoroughly combed through as lets face it they really look at third world country marriages. This is most certainly NOT fair to the genuine marriages out of Manilla that will be put on hold while this MOC is examined. RATHER shameful to say the least.

Dmitri

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
Niagara,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2011
get ur story straight
did you already submit an application and the sponsorship portion was rejected and now you are trying to marry her friend?

dragon17 said:
Good Day Sir/ Maam!

I would like to ask a few tips about the sponsorship under Family Class.

My Aunt is a permanent resident and a Canadian citizen in Ontario Canada. She offered to sponsor me, but unfortunately she was denied for sponsorship. She advised me to continue on the application, and I was wondering if you could share some tips so as I may be granted this application and a visa.

I am her niece, and I will turn 22 years old in a month. I am single, and was never married. I am a Filipino and is in the Philippines.

Will I be granted points if I am fluent in French? For I do not speak French, I am only fluent in English both verbal and written.

Also, may I ask if I will also be granted points if I take the IELTS exam and include it in my application? Though it wasn't actually required in the sponsorship kit requirements.

Do all of my documents need to be authenticated in the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), the one with the 'Red Ribbon'? It wasn't exactly stated, though originals must be submitted.

I would greatly appreciate your help, Sir/Maam. I am at lost and is really looking for some help and advice.

Thank you very much!

I hope to hear from you, Sir/Maam.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Dmitri said:
get ur story straight
did you already submit an application and the sponsorship portion was rejected and now you are trying to marry her friend?
Good job in finding that Dmitri.
If it is true that the OP changed the story around then you need to understand OP that changing the "me" part to "cousin" doesn't make the situation even more justifiable.

YorkFactory: Haha too funny. Definitely something my BIL would say.

FleetingDasein

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
30-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
No offense to the OP, but threads like these make me very angry. A marriage of convenience guarantees nothing! Why do people think it might work? You're just making it harder for the people who have genuine relationships! Please, OP, do not marry your aunt just to get a visa.

I really hope the OP finds a legitimate way to come to Canada. If he goes ahead and marries his aunt, I'm sure the CIC will see right through it.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
This sort of immigration fraud just disgusts me. Maybe I am feeling a little raw as I have recently been approached via email, by an Indian immigration consultant, user name bawaiis.

As I work for a reputable company in Canada, who are currently sponsoring 2 employees through the PNP route, he requested that I apply for PNP nomination for his Indian clients and I would be paid for this.

Firstly, I am NEVER going to employ someone I have never met or interviewed. There is no way, that any honest employer will offer sponsorship without a great deal of time invested in making sure the employee is perfect for the job vacancy.

I will be reporting this to CIC and the PNP offices. Making sure that they realize that some Indian applicants are paying for
the PNP nomination. I am disgusted and in disbelief, that despite all the information available, that Indian consultants can still try and scam their clients into Canada for money.

As for MOC's.....what can I say that others haven't all ready. I just wish we could report the OP and get this over with.