+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage before Landing in Canada

pritiwalia

Jul 24, 2018
Hi Priti

Thanks for the reply. CIC has given me a month's time from 29 March to submit all the supporting documents.

Regards
Hi @kushagra452
Just a small suggestion, not sure whether it is applicable for you or not.
For me, police verification was conducted from 2 places, one from my parental place and second from my in-laws place and it took more than 30 days for me to get my PCC done.
Since I was not able to avail my PCC within 30 days time frame, I wrote a letter of explanation stating the situation alongwith the other documents.
After that, as soon as I received my PCC, I emailed the same over the same email thread.
Not sure whether the same would happen for u or not. But just for reference.

Regards

Reactions: kushagra452

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @kushagra452
Just a small suggestion, not sure whether it is applicable for you or not.
For me, police verification was conducted from 2 places, one from my parental place and second from my in-laws place and it took more than 30 days for me to get my PCC done.
Since I was not able to avail my PCC within 30 days time frame, I wrote a letter of explanation stating the situation alongwith the other documents.
After that, as soon as I received my PCC, I emailed the same over the same email thread.
Not sure whether the same would happen for u or not. But just for reference.

Regards
Thanks for the heads up @pritiwalia. I just got a mail from Delhi Immigration stating that, I do not need to resubmit my PCC. In anycase, I have taken an appointment for the same and just might get it.

kratos003

Jan 25, 2020
G

Got a reply from Canadian Immigration. Need to submit my passport and CoPR. My present visa and CoPR will be cancelled and new travel documents will be issued once additional documents are submitted.

What additional documents did they request?? and what is the current status? can you please clarify? So I'll will be getting married before landing, I wanted to know what the cut off date will be, for me and the would be spouse

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What additional documents did they request?? and what is the current status? can you please clarify? So I'll will be getting married before landing, I wanted to know what the cut off date will be, for me and the would be spouse
1. Marriage certificate
2. DoB certificate of spouse
3. Work exp certificates of spouse
4. PCC for spouse
5. Medical test report for spouse

Submitted these along with the relevant IMM forms (scanned and sent through email).

Current status: PPR 2 on 2 Dec. Stamped passport received last week.

Best of luck!

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
1. Marriage certificate
2. DoB certificate of spouse
3. Work exp certificates of spouse
4. PCC for spouse
5. Medical test report for spouse

Submitted these along with the relevant IMM forms (scanned and sent through email).

Current status: PPR 2 on 2 Dec. Stamped passport received last week.

Best of luck!
Hi any idea if spouse application declined then what happen to sponsor stamp visa

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi any idea if spouse application declined then what happen to sponsor stamp visa
I am not an expert on immigration rules, however, IMO the rejection should not in anyway effect the application of the primary sponsor.

Jul 11, 2022
The below is the reply I received. Kindly suggest.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation or update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

For this reason, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

Furthermore, when you wish to sponsor your spouse or common law partner, two options are available to you. You can submit an application under the:

• Family Class, or
  • Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
To help you choose the best option for you, please take a look at the information available in theinstruction guide under the heading Choose the class of application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
Hi Arvind, I also got the same response. Could you please let me know what you did?