+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after COPR

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Guys I have one question,

If I add my spouse after COPR, and my ielts has expired in between Lets says My ielts is expiring in june 2020 and I receive my COPR in july and then I marry, so do they need another IELTS exams, Will it impact the application, does the score gets recalculated??

any one please help

kuku.kuku

Nov 12, 2018
Hi Zardoz, I've got a similar story. I got my CoPR in February 2019, however I got married in April 2019 and informed CIC through a web form.
Submitted the additional kit along with the spousal information and her Medicals on the May 14, 2019.
Its been dead silence since then, ofcourse there's a UCI number issued to my wife, but no progress on file since then.
It's been over 2.5 months....

I've written emails to the NDVO where my file is getting processed however nothing from them.
What's the advise that you can give.
what is the status now?

Reactions: Preux

raajsindha

Nov 5, 2020
Hello friends,

I found following information on this forum.

Marriage Scenarios (Point 3):-

Marriage after COPR before Landing: They will take your COPR and reopen your file. CIC will issue new CoPR for both of you. CRS will NOT be affected and you don't even need IELTS/ECA for spouse.

Question: How this works for a person who is already working in Canada on a open work permit? I am currently in Canada and working full time. I have received AOR and expecting to get application approved in May 2019. After I get my COPR, can I leave Canada and get married in India and show my wife as unaccompanied spouse? She will not come with me immediately in Canada after marriage. In this case, will she also get COPR at Port of entry if I show my COPR copy and marriage certificate? Also how long can I wait for flagpoling with COPR in hand? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Aditya, I received my Copr yesterday (unexpected in 4months) and I'm travelling India to get married next week. I have informed them throught webform.

Q1 - can i still carry on with the travel?
Q2 - would the allow me to add my fiance to my file?

please answer me the soonest possible, thanks in advance Adi.

raajsindha

Nov 5, 2020
Case Specific Enquiry (webform)
Hi Zardoz, i have similar question. I received my CoPR yesterday (unexpectedly 2months earlier) and I'm travelling India next week to get married. I have informed CIC through webform about my scene and waiting for their response. i have 2 questions.

Q1 - can I still proceed with my travel plans in India?
Q2 - what shall i do to have my fiance's file added to mine?

thanks in advance.

khanaiman837

Mar 25, 2020
Hello All. My application has completed 6 months, as of 23rd November 2020, and my medical is valid till 23rd July 2021. I plan to get married in April 2021. My question is, can I still let my application get completed as single ? Secondly, upon landing and receiving PR card, would I be able to sponsor my spouse without any issues ?
Thank You

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hello All. My application has completed 6 months, as of 23rd November 2020, and my medical is valid till 23rd July 2021. I plan to get married in April 2021. My question is, can I still let my application get completed as single ? Secondly, upon landing and receiving PR card, would I be able to sponsor my spouse without any issues ?
Thank You
You cannot land without your spouse after you get married. You can add your spouse to the application after you get married (it does not lead to recalculation of points) and get to land together.

Reactions: khanaiman837

khanaiman837

Mar 25, 2020
You cannot land without your spouse after you get married. You can add your spouse to the application after you get married (it does not lead to recalculation of points) and get to land together.
Thank you for your response. One more thing, do you know the list of documents that would be needed to add my spouse, if she would be accompanying me ? I cannot find the details, or I am not able to search using the right keywords maybe.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thank you for your response. One more thing, do you know the list of documents that would be needed to add my spouse, if she would be accompanying me ? I cannot find the details, or I am not able to search using the right keywords maybe.
You can search on the forum for the complete list. I do not have the complete list with me at the moment

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Who said landing without spouse is not allowed? Dependents can land after primary applicant lands. Stop giving false information, if you don't know then refrain from answering.

From the official source

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14

"Your dependents can’t arrive in Canada before you. They must arrive with you or after you. "

Arshdeep31

Aug 23, 2019
My question is :
I am at COPR stage in India, and my future spouse is already Canada PR.
1) If we get married before me landing there in Canada.? Then what is advisable?
(I know i have to inform IRCC but will it dekay my process alot???, But spouse is already PR)
2) or should I opt for going Canada first, land there, collect PR card and come back to get married

Please suggestions

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
My question is :
I am at COPR stage in India, and my future spouse is already Canada PR.
1) If we get married before me landing there in Canada.? Then what is advisable?
(I know i have to inform IRCC but will it dekay my process alot???, But spouse is already PR)
2) or should I opt for going Canada first, land there, collect PR card and come back to get married

Please suggestions
If your spouse already has a PR and is in Canada, IRCC will then require spouse to be added to the application as non-accompanying. @Arshdeep31

Please check this with others too.

kushal1211

Jan 29, 2020
I recieved CoPR in Feb 2021.I got married in Dec 2020.
CoPR expired in April 2021.
Sent documents and email for updates in file, recieved following response.

"Our records indicate that you notified us of this change after we had issued you a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence for you and your dependents, if you have any. Please understand that we will
require that you return this document as well as your passport(s) with your permanent resident visa(s), if
applicable, in order for us to cancel them. You must provide us with these original documents in addition
to the other requested documents for us to continue with your application process."

Does this mean I need to send CoPR document and Passport to IRCC Delhi via VFS?

samm153

Jun 2, 2021
Hi Aditya, I received my Copr yesterday (unexpected in 4months) and I'm travelling India to get married next week. I have informed them throught webform.

Q1 - can i still carry on with the travel?
Q2 - would the allow me to add my fiance to my file?

please answer me the soonest possible, thanks in advance Adi.
Hi raajsindha, I am in similar situation. Could you confirm if you received COPR and how did you add your spouse, was it before or after marriage?

Panwar1

Oct 17, 2020
Hello friends,

Marriage after COPR before Landing: They will take your COPR and reopen your file. CIC will issue new CoPR for both of you. CRS will NOT be affected and you don't even need IELTS/ECA for spouse.

Question: How this works for a person who is already working in Canada on a open work permit? I am currently in Canada and working full time. I have received AOR and expecting to get application approved in May 2019. After I get my COPR, can I leave Canada and get married in India and show my wife as unaccompanied spouse? She will not come with me immediately in Canada after marriage. In this case, will she also get COPR at Port of entry if I show my COPR copy and marriage certificate? Also how long can I wait for flagpoling with COPR in hand? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
Can you update, how did you you ahead with adding your spouse?
the whole process, I am in the same scenario.

tydeninioluwa

Oct 2, 2021
Hello friends,

Marriage after COPR before Landing: Nox Vidmate VLCThey will take your COPR and reopen your file. CIC will issue new CoPR for both of you. CRS will NOT be affected and you don't even need IELTS/ECA for spouse.

Thanks in advance.
Its been dead silence since then, ofcourse there's a UCI number issued to my wife, but no progress on file since then.

Last edited: