+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! You guys will get to the end of this journey soon too. I can see CIC is getting traction going to finish applications within 12 months.
9 months total for me from delivery to oath. I think that's about 3-4 months longer than those who applied last year, but when you get to the end it feels like no time has passed at all. It's the endless waiting for the test invite that's the killer. That alone was 6.5 months.

Reactions: JVO

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
I lived in Canada since 2013 with minor travels for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. I applied in March 2017. So according to their rule a PCC is not required. PCC is only required if someone is absent for more than 183 days in one of the four years preceding the citizenship application. Now I got my AITP and in one place it says Foreign Police certificate and/or a review in required for the travels I made. Can someone guide me? Why should it be this way? Thanks in advance.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just came back from the test.
Passed it 20/20

I've been interviewed by a Chinese woman officer, whose language is not even good enough!
She spent about a minute silent, then she asked for my PR card, and my passports.
Then started to calculate my times outside Canada..on her hands!!!

And told me, "you've been out in one country 184 days, I need a police certificate"!!!!

I did not get it at first. So she pointed to question 6.M "In the past 4 years, were present in a country, other than Canada, for a total of 183 or more", to which my answer was "No".
I told her these days numbers are calculated on their website..nothing has been altered.
She kept counting on her hands..which really frustrated me!

She excused me and went out..

When she came back she had a "Notice to Applicant- Request for Supplementary Evidence" with her, asking me how long does it take to get a police certificate (covering the past 5 years) from my country!!!!
(That is not even possible, police certificate does not cover 5 years)

I told her I do not know!

The she said, "ok..can you get it in a month? When you get it come back with it" !!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked her why it was not requested before the test, as usual?!
She replied, "here I'm requesting it"

What the fuck is that!!!
What the fuck with this damn process?!!!!

I'm really so frustrated about this whole shit..
The delay
The recklessness
The rudeness
I can even drop this whole matter because this is getting so ridiculous now. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Just came back from the test.
Passed it 20/20

I've been interviewed with a Chinese woman officer, whose language is not even good enough!
She spent about a minute silent, then she asked for my PR card, and my passports.
Then started to calculate my times outside Canada..on her hands!!!

And told me, "you've been out in one country 184 days, I need a police certificate"!!!!

I did not get at first. So she pointed to question 6.M "In the past 4 years, were present in a country, other than Canada, for a total of 183 or more", to which my answer was "No".
I told her these days numbers are calculated on their website..nothing has been altered.
She kept counting on her hands..which really frustrated me!

She excused me and went out..

When she came back she had a "Notice to Applicant- Request for Supplementary Evidence" with her, asking me how long does it take to get a police certificate (covering the past 5 years) from my country!!!!
(That is not even possible, police certificate do not cover 5 years)

I told her I do not know!

The she said, "ok..can you get it in a month? When you get it come back with it" !!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked her why it was not requested before the test, as usual?!
She replied, "here I'm requesting it"

What the fuck is that!!!
What the fuck with this damn process?!!!!

I'm really so frustrated about this whole shit..
The delay
The recklessness
The rudeness
I can even drop this whole matter because this is getting so ridiculous now. :mad::mad::mad:
That's really ridiculous! My question was the same as well. I didn't provide any PCC because I didn't spend more than 183 days outside Canada in the last four years preceding the application. But now I feel there is a chance because one year before the last four years I have more than 183 days outside Canada.

BTW, which where did you do the test?

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's really ridiculous! My question was the same as well. I didn't provide any PCC because I didn't spend more than 183 days outside Canada in the last four years preceding the application. But now I feel there is a chance because one year before the last four years I have more than 183 days outside Canada.

BTW, which where did you do the test?
It is ridiculous..silly and stupid really.
I can't believe this rudeness and recklessness.

How does she calculate it 184 days?
I just can't believe this nonsense.
Totally ruined my day..that imbecile.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What was the test centre?
Scarborough.

I got a confirmation from the embassy that police certificate does not state dates on it, it shows the records overall till the time of issuing, and it would take 3 months to get it done!
Damn it!

Why did not they ask for it before the test if it was really required?!
Isn't it the normal process that any required documents will be asked for BEFORE the test?!!!

I feel that that officer came up with it on its own, no way they don't request it before the test if they need it.
I doubt her and her calculation!

How to challenge that? Who to contact or ask?

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Scarborough.

I got a confirmation from the embassy that police certificate does not state dates on it, it shows the records overall till the time of issuing, and it would take 3 months to get it done!
Damn it!

Why did not they ask for it before the test if it was really required?!
Isn't it the normal process that any required documents will be asked for BEFORE the test?!!!

I feel that that officer came up with it on its own, no way they don't request it before the test if they need it.
I doubt her and her calculation!

How to challenge that? Who to contact or ask?
from what u said ,she was pointing on question that asked about the past 4 years,when did u get the permanent resident status?
and what is the maximum number of days u were out of the country since that day...?

mux

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Hi,
After receiving the AOR how much time it will take status to change from Application received to In process and In process to Test invitation.
If anybody has information please share it here.

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
from what u said ,she was pointing on question that asked about the past 4 years,when did u get the permanent resident status?
and what is the maximum number of days u were out of the country since that day...?
It shouldn't matter when Iceberg7 got the permanent residence status. Please see quote below from CIC website:

"You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.

For this calculation only, it does not matter if the absence was before or after you became a permanent resident of Canada. Each day spent outside Canada counts as a full day in the other country."

So as long as Iceberg7 didn't leave Canada (for more than 183 days) within the 4 years immediately prior to the date of application, they shouldn't ask it. I really am surprised why the officers don't get trained in these areas.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It shouldn't matter when Iceberg7 got the permanent residence status. Please see quote below from CIC website:

"You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.

For this calculation only, it does not matter if the absence was before or after you became a permanent resident of Canada. Each day spent outside Canada counts as a full day in the other country."

So as long as Iceberg7 didn't leave Canada (for more than 183 days) within the 4 years immediately prior to the date of application, they shouldn't ask it. I really am surprised why the officers don't get trained in these areas.
Nop!
It is not about being outside Canada for more than 183 days, it is about being in 1 country for more than 183 days over the past 4 years.

I know..it does not make any sense!
In my case, she calculated that I've been in a country for 184 days over the past 4 years, therefore wants a police certificate from that country.

Needless and pointless complication really, specially when involves different way of calculations.
I was in country "A" and left it to visit another country, "B", so why adding the day I left to the number of the days I spent in country "A"?!!!
They leave this shitty thing to the officer!!!!

What frustrates me more is that they should've asked for the police certificate BEFORE the interview, and the time spent in getting it would be within the "In Process" time.

Now, I'm left for a delay of 3 or 4 months till this damn process concludes.

And what is weird is, she asked me to go deliver the certificate to her. That is not a process.
If there is a required additional document, they should officially request by sending me an emai/mail, and I should sent that document to the processing center, not delivering it to the officer in person!!!!

I want to escalate this, but do not know how. I tried to call their stupid center, it hangs up after waiting so long.."because of large number of calls"!
Bullshit!

The entire process, and whoever deal with our applications, destinies, plans, and futures...all are bullshit.

Even escalating the matter, who guarantees that it would be sorted out?!!
I feel I'm stuck with this stupid officer.:(:(:(

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Nop!
It is not about being outside Canada for more than 183 days, it is about being in 1 country for more than 183 days over the past 4 years.

I know..it does not make any sense!
In my case, she calculated that I've been in a country for 184 days over the past 4 years, therefore wants a police certificate from that country.

Needless and pointless complication really, specially when involves different way of calculations.
I was in country "A" and left it to visit another country, "B", so why adding the day I left to the number of the days I spent in country "A"?!!!
They leave this shitty thing to the officer!!!!

What frustrates me more is that they should've asked for the police certificate BEFORE the interview, and the time spent in getting it would be within the "In Process" time.

Now, I'm left for a delay of 3 or 4 months till this damn process concludes.

And what is weird is, she asked me to go deliver the certificate to her. That is not a process.
If there is a required additional document, they should officially request by sending me an emai/mail, and I should sent that document to the processing center, not delivering it to the officer in person!!!!

I want to escalate this, but do not know how. I tried to call their stupid center, it hangs up after waiting so long.."because of large number of calls"!
Bullshit!

The entire process, and whoever deal with our applications, destinies, plans, and futures...all are bullshit.

Even escalating the matter, who guarantees that it would be sorted out?!!
I feel I'm stuck with this stupid officer.:(:(:(
Looks like you were absent around 183 days in one country of the 4 years preceding your application. Then the officer got confused around the whole thing and issued you the notice. I don't know how they calculate though - shouldn't they go with the physical presence calculator?