VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2013
RECEIVED THE INVITATION YESTERDAY. MY OATHTAKING ON JULY 18. -WINNIPEG OFFICE

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
Based on the spreadsheet, Toronto office is moving VERY SLOWLY:

As of year-to-date, there are a total of 84 cases processed in Toronto, 63 (75%) cases have started processing. Among those whose cases started processing, 25 (40%) cases have received firm test dates, and only the lucky 4 (6%) cases have attended their oath ceremony and completed the application.

Also, Toronto office is only sending out a handful test invites per month so far:
- Feb: 3 cases
- Mar: 8 cases
- Apr: 3 cases
- May: 8 cases
- Jun: 2 cases

Based on this pattern, perhaps we will get another 8 or so invites in the month of July? Or maybe nil since they are all on vacations now?

My friend had a frustrating experience: he received his test invite right in the middle of his planned vacation (8 months after he sent in his application), and he had to cancel EVERYTHING to avoid all the hassles. That'd not be fun if it happens during my honeymoon...perhaps should go in Dec and hope that they don't plan any tests in the holidays!

Reactions: EddyIT

harpreetjohal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
march9
AOR Received.
March20
File Transfer...
In process march22
Med's Request
Fingerprints request April 13
Got my oath done on July 7.visit my previous threads to check my timeline.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Thanks Stef., can you please share how your informed IRCC with your holiday plans? Was it through a webform submission? Here's the link to the webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Yes I used the webform.

I told them about my holiday plans for the whole year- one in May (a total of six weeks - had to look after my mother in Germany) as well as the upcoming three weeks in September (again for my mother)

I attached a copy of my flight itinerary as well as a copy of my mother's passport, as proof of my mother's age and address as well as proof that I was really flying there.

I am aware that I did not have to do the attachments, but thought it showed that I "am a responsible citizen"

Beware though: it took them a couple of weeks to acknowledge the receipt of my submission and much worse it took them about 6 weeks to acknowledge that they had finally put the information into their computer system...

Nevertheless, it worked for me and I still got my test invitation for the end of July and my application seems to have been processed rather quickly.

Best of luck
Stef.

Reactions: silentcoco

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
Yes I used the webform.

I told them about my holiday plans for the whole year- one in May (a total of six weeks - had to look after my mother in Germany) as well as the upcoming three weeks in September (again for my mother)

I attached a copy of my flight itinerary as well as a copy of my mother's passport, as proof of my mother's age and address as well as proof that I was really flying there.

I am aware that I did not have to do the attachments, but thought it showed that I "am a responsible citizen"

Beware though: it took them a couple of weeks to acknowledge the receipt of my submission and much worse it took them about 6 weeks to acknowledge that they had finally put the information into their computer system...

Nevertheless, it worked for me and I still got my test invitation for the end of July and my application seems to have been processed rather quickly.

Best of luck
Stef.
Great - thanks for the tip!

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, today my file got Dm , montreal office test date 11 July . Plz update the spread sheet