+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Otoocolin

Jul 15, 2023
Hello everyone,
In March 2023 I applied for my citizenship and got a received confirmation email a couple days after the application. A couple weeks after I received another email with an attachment acknowledging the receipt of my application. I haven't received or heard from them since March 17 until last Thursday. I received a call from a no caller ID which made me a bit nervous. The lady told me she's calling from IRCC to let me know they have invited for the citizenship test a couple times already but they haven't received any response yet and this is a last call. So I asked her to confirm the email on file and she did but missed a couple numbers. I was confused and thought I might have typed it wrong during the application and did the correction. She told me to expect another email in 21 days for another invite and I hanged up.
After the call, I think it was a scam call because I'd receive couple emails from them in March so I don't understand why the invitation was sent to a wrong email address.
Please share your experience with me and advise me accordingly. Thank you all in advance ☺

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Have you logged into your IRCC tracker portal? You should have seen your test window and updates. It’s possible because IRCC do call from unknown caller number. You need to log into your IRCC citizenship tracker n check on ur application

Otoocolin

Jul 15, 2023
I have tried several times registering a tracker portal but verification code sent to my email never has never been received and that makes me feel like I made some error. Is there another way to rectify that?

cacubed

Mar 31, 2023
Hello everyone,
In March 2023 I applied for my citizenship and got a received confirmation email a couple days after the application. A couple weeks after I received another email with an attachment acknowledging the receipt of my application. I haven't received or heard from them since March 17 until last Thursday. I received a call from a no caller ID which made me a bit nervous. The lady told me she's calling from IRCC to let me know they have invited for the citizenship test a couple times already but they haven't received any response yet and this is a last call. So I asked her to confirm the email on file and she did but missed a couple numbers. I was confused and thought I might have typed it wrong during the application and did the correction. She told me to expect another email in 21 days for another invite and I hanged up.
After the call, I think it was a scam call because I'd receive couple emails from them in March so I don't understand why the invitation was sent to a wrong email address.
Please share your experience with me and advise me accordingly. Thank you all in advance ☺
Doesn’t sound like a scam call to me. You need to get in contact with the IRCC call centre urgently and get your email address updated urgently. If IRCC aren’t able to get you scheduled for that test this time, your application could well be cancelled.

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Doesn’t sound like a scam call to me. You need to get in contact with the IRCC call centre urgently and get your email address updated urgently. If IRCC aren’t able to get you scheduled for that test this time, your application could well be cancelled.
Yes this is so true

Reactions: Otoocolin

Otoocolin

Jul 15, 2023
Thanks for your response. I contacted them and they confirmed the call and updates to my email account. The agent said I’ll receive another invite once there’s one available. Thank you all for your response

lafadeedo

Aug 15, 2023
Thanks for your response. I contacted them and they confirmed the call and updates to my email account. The agent said I’ll receive another invite once there’s one available. Thank you all for your response
Good to hear that.
I'm just curious if your email was wrong, how did you recieve the first acknowledgement email from ircc?

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
OMG ...it takes 3 months from Interview to LPP?!?!?!

I took me 4 months from Test to Interview,

u think it will take me another few months for LPP after the interview ?

Some people get it same day or day after interview. I thought since my wait between Test and Interview was long, then maybe now between Interview and LPP wouldn't be so long ....
You could get it in a week , so month or so , it's different from file to another, I notice that in-person interview get it within days ,
Wish you the best.

cacubed

Mar 31, 2023
It has been six months since I took the test. Should I talk to my PM? What is the best way to go about this?
You’re still within “normal” processing times at the moment so your MP isn’t likely to be able to help much. What is your tracker currently showing?

masud7151

Jul 1, 2019
Hello, I got a Decision made on 12 October 23, my online tracker is everything complete except the oath from the Ottawa IRCC office, still haven't gotten any updates from Ottawa IRCC, anyone has experience with this. How long does Ottawa IRCC office take to send an oath invitation? Please share your experience.
Thank you.

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
You’re still within “normal” processing times at the moment so your MP isn’t likely to be able to help much. What is your tracker currently showing?
My tracker shows my bg is complete, test complete and the rest is in progress...it also shows no need for interview and no other documents are required. Basically telling me to sit tight as a duck.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
It has been six months since I took the test. Should I talk to my PM? What is the best way to go about this?
Same timeline
Will turn 6 months in a few days and still waiting for lpp, no docs or interview required. Just waiting feeling helpless while Aug and Sep applicants are celebrating their citizenship. I started to feel there’s discrimination going around based on religion, background home, color skin and names. If you are Ukrainian you will get it before blink your eyes! IRCC took our money and tax and never cared about us.