+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Hi, I am applying citizenship online and can someone please help me with the below question.

Do I need to make an entry of my USA visitor visa start date and end date as well ?

* Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
Visitor visa is not an immigration visa nor does it grant you immigrant status in that Country. It's just for a visit. Tourists are not immigrants.

Reactions: Zay11 and raja1028

raja1028

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi, I have sent a webform to update my address on July 25th.
How long does it take to get updated in my application?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi, I am applying citizenship online and can someone please help me with the below question.

Do I need to make an entry of my USA visitor visa start date and end date as well ?

* Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
Not the visas. It's asking about statuses. To make it clearer, when you have a Canadian immigrant visa, you don't have permanent resident status until you land and after you land even when your visa expires you have the status.

Now this question asks about other countries, and very clearly wants all statuses including visitor status. So list those, not visas. It is detailed much better in the guide for paper application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status
If you had a work permit or equivalent go with worker, study permit or equivalent go with student, for visitor list durations of your visit (this didn't exist in older forms, but they added it in 2020, for citizenship if you had it since birth use date of birth, PR is also obvious. There's also an "other" option to use if it doesn't fit into these categories, for example many of the US status dependent codes could be selected as other and provide the exact status).

Some people get confused by the word "Immigration Status" and think it doesn't apply to visitor status. They are wrong. Check out here for IRCC's definition of immigration status:
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html

Immigration status: non-citizen’s position in a country—for example, permanent resident or visitor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kayne and Zay11

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Not the visas. It's asking about statuses. To make it clearer, when you have a Canadian immigrant visa, you don't have permanent resident status until you land and after you land even when your visa expires you have the status.

Now this question asks about other countries, and very clearly wants all statuses including visitor status. So list those, not visas. It is detailed much better in the guide for paper application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status
If you had a work permit or equivalent go with worker, study permit or equivalent go with student, for visitor list durations of your visit (this didn't exist in older forms, but they added it in 2020, for citizenship if you had it since birth use date of birth, PR is also obvious. There's also an "other" option to use if it doesn't fit into these categories, for example many of the US status dependent codes could be selected as other and provide the exact status).

Some people get confused by the word "Immigration Status" and think it doesn't apply to visitor status. They are wrong. Check out here for IRCC's definition of immigration status:
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html

Immigration status: non-citizen’s position in a country—for example, permanent resident or visitor.
thank you for detailed information.

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Hello Everyone,

What is my Processing Office?? Question explained below. (also my whole timeline is in my signature).

Will really appreciate if anyone can guide me

So about my processing office, I am not sure which one it is, explaining it below.

Firstly, in the test invite email's subject it says - Hamilton

Secondly, I received the test invite email from this ID -
IRCC.DNCitHAMScheduling-ConvocationHAMCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Finally, in the actual invitation document (the PDF) below are the email IDs given in case I were to make any changes/updates.

If you were less than 18 years of age or 55 years of age and older on the date you signed your application and have received this invitation, please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) by writing a message to IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca

 If you need accommodations and/or have requested a waiver of the language and/or knowledge requirements due to a medical condition, and are receiving this invitation, please contact us IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca before attempting to do the online test and we will provide the next steps.

 If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email. Provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

I am not really sure if my processing office is Hamilton or Niagara Falls?

VAtoQC2023

Mar 25, 2023
Admin Update Tracker Please :)
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1598
Application: Single/Family(number of family members): Single
Application sent: March 25, 2023
Delivered: March 25, 2023
AOR: April 12, 2023
Background Complete: May 29, 2023
Test Updated to In Progress: July 21, 2023 (reflected on tracker July 25th)
Test Scheduled : July 28, 2023 - August 17, 2023
Test Taken : August 13, 2023

Took my citizenship test yesterday! Unofficial score of 19 out of 20 correct!
Anybody else being processed by the Niagara Office?

Fair_Enough

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Final update:

Office: Scarborough
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1104
Application: Single
Application sent: 18 March 2023
Delivered: 18 March 2023
AOR: 4 April 2023
In Progress: 6 April 2023
Ghost Update: 11 May 2023
Background Completed: 11 May 2023
Test Invitation on the Tracker: 13 May 2023
Test Invitation (Email): 16 May 2023
Test Taken: 19 May 2023
Test Marked Completed on the Tracker: 23 May 2023
Language Skills Completed: 24 July 2023
Prohibitions Completed: 24 July 2023
Physical Presence Completed: 25 July 2023
Oath Scheduled - 23 August 2023

Very short notice but I like it. :)

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Update:
App Type: Paper Application
Application : Family ( 2 Adults + 2 Children)
Physical Presence Days: 1150 Days
App Sent Date : Mar 9, 2023
App Delivered Date: Mar 13, 2023
AOR: April 27, 2023
In Process (ECAS): May 30, 2023
Background Verification: May 31, 2023
Test Updated to In Progress: June 2, 2023
Test Invite: June 12, 2023
Test Window: June 16, 2023 - June 6, 2023
Test Taken: June 16, 2023
Test Completed: June 19, 2023 (Reflected on Tracker June 21, 2023)
LPP: Aug 11, 2023 (Reflected on Tracker August 15, 2023)

Kindly update the spreadsheet.

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Update:
App Type: Paper Application
Application : Family ( 2 Adults + 2 Children)
Physical Presence Days: 1150 Days
App Sent Date : Mar 9, 2023
App Delivered Date: Mar 13, 2023
AOR: April 27, 2023
In Process (ECAS): May 30, 2023
Background Verification: May 31, 2023
Test Updated to In Progress: June 2, 2023
Test Invite: June 12, 2023
Test Window: June 16, 2023 - June 6, 2023
Test Taken: June 16, 2023
Test Completed: June 19, 2023 (Reflected on Tracker June 21, 2023)
LPP: Aug 11, 2023 (Reflected on Tracker August 15, 2023)

Kindly update the spreadsheet.
Hello congratulations . I got LPP clearance today as well. Just asking does your children file reflect anything. My child’s file is just sitting with nothing cleared and all in progress. Just curious

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello congratulations . I got LPP clearance today as well. Just asking does your children file reflect anything. My child’s file is just sitting with nothing cleared and all in progress. Just curious
Thanks!
Everything on my children’s applications is in Progress apart from Citizenship Test and Citizenship Ceremony (Status: Not Started). Nothing cleared as well.