+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

dave2233

Aug 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,

What is my Processing Office?? Question explained below. (also my whole timeline is in my signature).

Will really appreciate if anyone can guide me

So about my processing office, I am not sure which one it is, explaining it below.

Firstly, in the test invite email's subject it says - Hamilton

Secondly, I received the test invite email from this ID -
IRCC.DNCitHAMScheduling-ConvocationHAMCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Finally, in the actual invitation document (the PDF) below are the email IDs given in case I were to make any changes/updates.

If you were less than 18 years of age or 55 years of age and older on the date you signed your application and have received this invitation, please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) by writing a message to IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca

 If you need accommodations and/or have requested a waiver of the language and/or knowledge requirements due to a medical condition, and are receiving this invitation, please contact us IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca before attempting to do the online test and we will provide the next steps.

 If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email. Provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

I am not really sure if my processing office is Hamilton or Niagara Falls?
Hi, i have same timeline as yours, i ordered GCMS notes, i came to know that my primary office is Hamilton and and secondary office is NF. I think same is yours.
Thanks

Last edited:

dave2233

Aug 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,

What is my Processing Office?? Question explained below. (also my whole timeline is in my signature).

So about my processing office, I am not sure which one it is, explaining it below.

Finally, in the actual invitation document (the PDF) below are the email IDs given in case I were to make any changes/updates.

If you were less than 18 years of age or 55 years of age and older on the date you signed your application and have received this invitation, please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) by writing a message to IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca

 If you need accommodations and/or have requested a waiver of the language and/or knowledge requirements due to a medical condition, and are receiving this invitation, please contact us IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca before attempting to do the online test and we will provide the next steps.

 If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email. Provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

What is your ECAS status ?

Ray0628

May 3, 2023
Hi Folks,

I have completed my ceremony yesterday at noon, citizenship Certificate ready to download same day at night. Very smooth without any issue

ECAS Status changed from "Decision made" to "Complete" today with the final line at the bottom

"You became a Canadian citizen on August 15, 2023."

81jim

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
05-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-04-2017
I just received the invitation email and it is in-person. :) So happy to have it in-person. However, I selected an e-certificate when I filled the application. I am not sure if I will be able to have the hard copy of the certificate after the ceremony.
Nice to see progress on a fellow Scarborough one - needing to get prints slowed mine down a bit, but that gives me hope that it won't be more than another month or so. And geez it'd be nice to get an in-person one, definitely my preference - where is yours being held, if you don't mind my asking?

VanHamilton

Jul 15, 2023
Here is an update:
Application sent- March 30, 2023
AOR- April 17, 2023
BG- May 26, 2023,
Test invite- Aug 16, 2023
Test Window- Aug 18- Sep 7
Processing office - Niagara

Reactions: RedWhiteRed

Fair_Enough

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Nice to see progress on a fellow Scarborough one - needing to get prints slowed mine down a bit, but that gives me hope that it won't be more than another month or so. And geez it'd be nice to get an in-person one, definitely my preference - where is yours being held, if you don't mind my asking?
Hopefully, you will get the good news soon!

I live in Toronto, my application has been processed in Scarborough and the in-person ceremony is scheduled in the Mississauga IRCC Office.

dave2233

Aug 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Hi, i have same timeline as yours,my primary office is Hamilton and and secondary office is NF. I think same is yours.
Thanks

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi, i have same timeline as yours,my primary office is Hamilton and and secondary office is NF. I think same is yours.
Thanks
hello just received my oath letter today from Niagara Falls office but test and interview emails came from Windsor office.

so Niagara must be secondary office

micrarach

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
I got my ceremony scheduled in my tracker yesterday for Sept 7, but I am away on vacation so I have to reschedule.
Timeline:
Applied: March 24
AOR: April 13
BG: May 15
Test invite: May 26
Test done: June 1
LPP: July 13
Oath scheduled: Aug 16
Oath date: Sept 7 (to be rescheduled)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I got my ceremony scheduled in my tracker yesterday for Sept 7, but I am away on vacation so I have to reschedule.
Timeline:
Applied: March 24
AOR: April 13
BG: May 15
Test invite: May 26
Test done: June 1
LPP: July 13
Oath scheduled: Aug 16
Oath date: Sept 7 (to be rescheduled)
Rescheduling is not been accepted these days. Please share you experience how the rescheduling request goes.

micrarach

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Rescheduling is not been accepted these days. Please share you experience how the rescheduling request goes.
Oh really? How so? Hopefully there is not a problem.

I called IRCC yesterday and the agent advised I send a webform now informing that I can't make the date (which I did yesterday) and when the actual letter comes in, follow the instructions on it to inform them again. The agent didn't mention about not being able to reschedule.

Reactions: TriniKRN

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Oh really? How so? Hopefully there is not a problem.

I called IRCC yesterday and the agent advised I send a webform now informing that I can't make the date (which I did yesterday) and when the actual letter comes in, follow the instructions on it to inform them again. The agent didn't mention about not being able to reschedule.
IRCC is replying something like this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2022-citizenship-applications.780754/post-10578605