+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

jeremy1316

May 21, 2023
I am still waiting. Test completed Nov. 2022. Still waiting for LPP. I am so frustrated. It's like they forgot about my file. It's been shoved aside? I have ordered CMS notes, called IRCC, sent a webform. Nothing.
Same here. Now that the normal processing time dropped to 19 months. On this positive side we will only have to wait 4-5 months at most if normal…

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I didn't yet because I figured they'd just tell me that I'm "within the normal timelines". (Even though I'm seeing most March 2002 applicants already have their oath and even some 2023 applicants have their oath completed! It makes no sense to me.
It's definitely worth a try. Especially for developed country applicants, one would expect their applications to be processed a lot quicker because data sharing shouldn't really be an issue. I know an applicant who was French national who was in a similar situation as yourself and was able to quickly get his application expedited after talking to his MP.

Maybe ask your MP to find out what's holding up the application? Tell that If it's something that you can furnish to IRCC, you would be more than willing to reach out to the US authorities to get it expedited etc.

Worth a shot IMO.

Reactions: LetSusan

Alex_co

Jun 9, 2023
It's definitely worth a try. Especially for developed country applicants, one would expect their applications to be processed a lot quicker because data sharing shouldn't really be an issue. I know an applicant who was French national who was in a similar situation as yourself and was able to quickly get his application expedited after talking to his MP.

Maybe ask your MP to find out what's holding up the application? Tell that If it's something that you can furnish to IRCC, you would be more than willing to reach out to the US authorities to get it expedited etc.

Worth a shot IMO.

Can you please share how to find my MP, I'm stuck on LLP with 2nd March ghost update.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hello all
Just a quick question that do you have a choice to get an e certificate or paper certificate after oath because in my oath instructions says that I will get a paper certificate after the oath with in 2 to 4 weeks.
Does is happen to everyone or you will get a choice.
Thanks
Jas
We don’t have a choice if we applied before Jan 2023 - it’s completely upto them. Some people get an option when they receive their test invite. I got my oath invite earlier this week and they had already selected e-option and said to reach out if we wanted paper. You could try asking the officer on the oath day if they can do e option for you - worth a shot.

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
We don’t have a choice if we applied before Jan 2023 - it’s completely upto them. Some people get an option when they receive their test invite. I got my oath invite earlier this week and they had already selected e-option and said to reach out if we wanted paper. You could try asking the officer on the oath day if they can do e option for you - worth a shot.
Thanks sounds like a great idea

AAlli

Jan 2, 2019
Greetings -

I applied March 2022 and only just got invited for the test which I wrote a few days ago and passed. I was not in the country and got approval to write the test outside Canada.

However, I got an email asking me whether I am back in the country (I am not) and if the answer is "No", I should send proof of my departure from Canada a (I left a month ago and happy to send them the flight ticket. I was also asked to send every page of my current passport.

Question - do I absolutely have to fly back into Canada to respond to the email? Also, I am unsure when I will be back (probably in another month), would that mean that the process cannot move ahead (after having sent the evidence) simply because I am not able to type "Yes" to currently being in the country.

Thank You!!!

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
I am still waiting. Test completed Nov. 2022. Still waiting for LPP. I am so frustrated. It's like they forgot about my file. It's been shoved aside? I have ordered CMS notes, called IRCC, sent a webform. Nothing.
My wife gave the test on Nov , no update , will wait until end of June , the. MP office - so a real human can take the file from the bot and look at it

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
My wife gave the test on Nov , no update , will wait until end of June , the. MP office - so a real human can take the file from the bot and look at it
Same here, there are quite a few of us stuck since test in November.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Same here, there are quite a few of us stuck since test in November.
Same here, test done in December.. I contacted the MP. It’s worth a try.. here the MP comments :

As per IRCC, your application has been in process since March 10, 2022.

Application is still within the processing time.

Criminality passed.
Knowledge passed.
Security passed.
Prohibition passed.
Language in process.
Residency in process.

There are no outstanding documents as IRCC received everything, they requested from you.

If you need another status update, please reach out to us by the end of July.

larrissa2016

Mar 19, 2016
Hi all, I have a few updates for the spreadsheet

App Type: Single /
Physical Presence: 1146 days /
Method: Online /
App Submit: 09-Mar-2022 /
AOR: 11-Apr-2022
*Exam invite: 01-Feb-2023 /
*Exam Passed 21-Feb-2023 /
*Everything Complete: 15-Mar-2023 /
*Oath in Progress: 25-May-2023 /
*Oath Ceremony : 13-June-2023

Hope all will get their oath invite very soon

Reactions: forw.jane

qcs123

May 12, 2023
I hope this update helps someone:

(Scarborough Office)

Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: Nov 15, 2021
Feb 2022 - Submitted explanation why I had a gap in my passport (passport expired and got a new one, which for some reason they needed explanation)
AOR: March 17, 2022
BG check: September 23, 2022
Test Invite: Dec 2, 2023
Test taken: Dec 9, 2022
Test Completed: December 23, 2022
LPP Completed: May 12, 2023 (updated May 16)
Oath Scheduled: May 16, 2023 (updated May 16)
Oath Ceremony: June 8, 2023 (sent oath form right after ceremony)
Tracker Closed: June 8, 2023 (updated on June 10)
Citizenship Certificate: Waiting

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Greetings -

I applied March 2022 and only just got invited for the test which I wrote a few days ago and passed. I was not in the country and got approval to write the test outside Canada.

However, I got an email asking me whether I am back in the country (I am not) and if the answer is "No", I should send proof of my departure from Canada a (I left a month ago and happy to send them the flight ticket. I was also asked to send every page of my current passport.

Question - do I absolutely have to fly back into Canada to respond to the email? Also, I am unsure when I will be back (probably in another month), would that mean that the process cannot move ahead (after having sent the evidence) simply because I am not able to type "Yes" to currently being in the country.

Thank You!!!

At some point, they will ask you to send the return ticket information via email address. Don't forget the scan the pages of your passport, even the blank ones in color. Just send what you were asked. Go step by step, good luck.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Good morning all,

For those who had an in-person ceremony in Mississauga, what type of questions they asked in the interview?