+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Good morning,

I got my photo taken at Shoppers and they stamped both photos. I thought only one photo had to have the stamp. Shall I get a photo without the stamp to include in the passport application?
They do stamp both photos, which Its good. If you mess up one, you can use the other one.

Service Canada don't care as long as you have the guarantor signature on one of them and photographer info as well

• Love
Reactions: esse

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hi,

I have a question about work for the passport application. I worked online and remotely for a company for 2 years. We communicated via email and got paid through wire transfers to my Canadian bank. When filling out the work info, would it be ok to write "worked remotely" where the address should be? Practically, all I need is a computer and an internet connection. Now, the company is out of business

jfam2016

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wife got her Oath completed today and became citizen! Thank you everyone for tagging along through out this journey and I'm sure it's not an easy one.

Wish you all the best! Best Wishes, and Godspeed!
Just another update. During the Oath Ceremony, requested the officer to see if I can get e-certificate, she said for sure and made a note to it. I got the e-certificate approximately 4 -5 hours and I could able to download it.

Virtual Oath - Vancouver

Tracker still says Citizenship Ceremony in Progress

Reactions: becca545

Decabrinka

Feb 8, 2019
Processing office: Niagara
Method: Online

2022-03-07, Application sent
2022-04-07, AOR
2022-10-19, Background Completed
2023-01-26, Citizenship test (3 - 23 FEB)
2023-02-25, Citizenship test Completed
2023-03-09, updated Language Physical Prohibitions

2023-06-06, online Citizenship oath

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Anyone who has had their BG turn from Complete back to In Progress could you let me know how long you had to wait for it to turn back to Complete? I know it is because it has been over a year. Also did they request you do fingerprints the second time if so how long did you have to wait for the fingerprint request?

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
For those over 55 that received the oath invitation, filed on line and tracked progress via the on line tracker. DId the status for language and citizenship test ever change from In Progress and Not Started? Since you are exempt from both it really should say Not Applicable.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
For those over 55 that received the oath invitation, filed on line and tracked progress via the on line tracker. DId the status for language and citizenship test ever change from In Progress and Not Started? Since you are exempt from both it really should say Not Applicable.
@yyzstudent - Please help here as you are waiting for oath.

tremendous

Jun 15, 2023
Applied via the web in March 2022 (I’m in BC) and I’ve taken and passed the test and the background check is completed but no update since December (and a ghost update on March 2nd). Definitely getting frustrated now ☹

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018

Physical Days: 1350

Applicants: 1 applicant

Application sent: March 15, 2022

Delivered: Online

AOR: April 12

BG Completed: October 27 - ( this didn’t show up on the online tracker until October 29 after ghost update October 27)

Citizenship test: updated Feb 3- window Feb 10-Mar 2

Test taken : Feb 17

Test Updated to complete: Feb 20

LPP complete - March 22

Ceremony scheduled ( Updated on tracked May 23 - Notice to appear, sent May 26- June 14

Oath completed ( Virtual) - June 14

Oath form sent - June 14

Now able to log back into Tracker. Tracker shows Oath as in progress so I assume this will be updated once I received my citizenship certificate

Reactions: smash1984

tremendous

Jun 15, 2023
I took my test in December and then it all went quiet. Can only assume my file has fallen down the back of someone’s desk.

Alex_co

Jun 9, 2023
Applied via the web in March 2022 (I’m in BC) and I’ve taken and passed the test and the background check is completed but no update since December (and a ghost update on March 2nd). Definitely getting frustrated now ☹
Same for me, applied March last year, bg completed, test passed in Jan 2023, ghost update 2 March. Nothing since :(

Reactions: tremendous

tremendous

Jun 15, 2023
Same for me, applied March last year, bg completed, test passed in Jan 2023, ghost update 2 March. Nothing since :(
while this sucks for both of us, it does probably point to more of a backlog affecting a number of people rather than something specific to just one person. Sure it won’t be long!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

Physical Days: 1350

Applicants: 1 applicant

Application sent: March 15, 2022

Delivered: Online

AOR: April 12

BG Completed: October 27 - ( this didn’t show up on the online tracker until October 29 after ghost update October 27)

Citizenship test: updated Feb 3- window Feb 10-Mar 2

Test taken : Feb 17

Test Updated to complete: Feb 20

LPP complete - March 22

Ceremony scheduled ( Updated on tracked May 23 - Notice to appear, sent May 26- June 14

Oath completed ( Virtual) - June 14

Oath form sent - June 14

Now able to log back into Tracker. Tracker shows Oath as in progress so I assume this will be updated once I received my citizenship certificate
Congratulations, the tracker will update in a couple of days with "Application Closed". Your certificates, if paper based, will arrive in the mail in about a week's time.

Reactions: Forevergrateful

Alex_co

Jun 9, 2023
while this sucks for both of us, it does probably point to more of a backlog affecting a number of people rather than something specific to just one person. Sure it won’t be long!
Hope so...Have you called them or sent any forms to check on the update?