+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
That is Service Ontario doing urgent processing. The nearer the better. Good luck. :)
Thanks, although I just realized that even if I don't get passport on time, and have my citizenship certificate I should be able to make my trip. I am flying from Detroit anyway, so I can use my old passport along with citizenship certificate to cross the land border.

• Love
Reactions: esse

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Final timeline

Physical Days: 1107.5 days
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application Submitted: March 05, 2022
Delivered: Online
AOR: April 10, 2022
Background Check Completed: October 25, 2022
Test Invite: Jan 26, 2023
Test Completed: Feb 6, 2023
LPP completed: Mar 8, 2023
Ghost update: Mar 15, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony status change to In Progress: May 17, 2023
Oath Ceremony: Jun 7, 2023 (not sure yet which office)
Oath administered: Jun 7, 2023 (Online Niagara Falls office)

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
A big thank you to this forum for being such an important part of my journey. I don't think I will completely go away, but I suppose I will be posting a lot less going forward. Will definitely stick around regularly for a few weeks. The process would have been much harder if it wasn't for this forum being present to help us out.

Good luck everyone on your journey. You will get there soon Insha Allah (God Willing). Stay the course.

Reactions: samin1102 and mfcan

Obeone

May 18, 2023
Final timeline

Physical Days: 1107.5 days
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application Submitted: March 05, 2022
Delivered: Online
AOR: April 10, 2022
Background Check Completed: October 25, 2022
Test Invite: Jan 26, 2023
Test Completed: Feb 6, 2023
LPP completed: Mar 8, 2023
Ghost update: Mar 15, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony status change to In Progress: May 17, 2023
Oath Ceremony: Jun 7, 2023 (not sure yet which office)
Oath administered: Jun 7, 2023 (Online Niagara Falls office)
congratulations and very happy for you. Just wondering if you did the ceremony online? If so how long does it take to get the citizenship certificate? And did you get an online copy or hard copy? Also if you get the online do you also get the hard copy after or not?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
congratulations and very happy for you. Just wondering if you did the ceremony online? If so how long does it take to get the citizenship certificate? And did you get an online copy or hard copy? Also if you get the online do you also get the hard copy after or not?
Thanks.

yes, ceremony was online.

My family did their oath on May 31st and they are getting a paper certificate which was mailed. Apparently it will take another few days to get to us. During the ceremony they asked if my wife and kids would like e-certificate and noted down the details. But then apparently they didn't give them the e-certificate and mailed it to them.

I had the option for e-certificate which I opted for when I was writing the citizenship test. Once I opted for that, it meant that I will download my citizenship certificate from portal and will not receive a paper copy.

Obeone

May 18, 2023
Thanks.

yes, ceremony was online.

My family did their oath on May 31st and they are getting a paper certificate which was mailed. Apparently it will take another few days to get to us. During the ceremony they asked if my wife and kids would like e-certificate and noted down the details. But then apparently they didn't give them the e-certificate and mailed it to them.

I had the option for e-certificate which I opted for when I was writing the citizenship test. Once I opted for that, it meant that I will download my citizenship certificate from portal and will not receive a paper copy.
Thank you so much for the quick response!! In my invite is noted that they would need to validated my address to send me the paper copy of my citizenship certificate. I’m guessing they already decided that I’m getting a paper copy then

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hello all
My long journey is coming to an end because I am scheduled for a virtual oath on June 28
I am Vancouver based online applicant applied on 2nd Apr 2022,AOR 22 Apr 2022 ghost updates Oct 26 & 28th and test invite & fingerprints 2 Nov, test taken 7 Nov and completed on 10 Nov but updated on 2 Dec and it’s not updated on the tracker yet maybe tomorrow or day after it will update on the tracker.
BG completed on 23 May and I was asked for a copy of my I’d that was expired in Nov 2022 on 31st May and LPP completed on June 2 and I called IRCC today and found out that I am scheduled for a Virtual oath so I wish all of you guys a very best of luck for your applications and I hope all of us will be getting the updates soon.
Thanks and Regards
Jas

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Well, oath done. I am officially a Canadian now :D. It's a pretty good feeling I would say. Especially because it puts to rest all the anxieties that one has on immigrant/non-immigrant status. Definitely a moment I am cherishing :)
big congrats mate!
Did you get your E certificate already or will it be emailed at a later date?

I can imagine not having to deal with checking the portal daily alone is a huge deal.

Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
big congrats mate!
Did you get your E certificate already or will it be emailed at a later date?

I can imagine not having to deal with checking the portal daily alone is a huge deal.
Thank you. Yes indeed, not having to check the portal daily is one of the other perks of citizenship, haha.

I am expecting the certificate download to be ready by tomorrow according to experience of some other candidates. However, the officer at the ceremony stated 3 -5 business days, meaning it might not be available tomorrow and instead on Mon, Tue, or Wed

Reactions: Forevergrateful

ssubha

Feb 8, 2023
Did you apply for a passport in person? And if so, what do they need in order to do an urgent passport?

I need to travel on the 27th (oath tomorrow)
You can provide a valid reason (carry some proof) and your travel itinerary when you visit the passport office/Service Canada (that accepts new applications). Depending on your travel dates, they would advise whether you need a 1 day pick-up, Express pickup, or regular service. You would get charged extra depending on the service you receive. Thanks.

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Hello all
My long journey is coming to an end because I am scheduled for a virtual oath on June 28
I am Vancouver based online applicant applied on 2nd Apr 2022,AOR 22 Apr 2022 ghost updates Oct 26 & 28th and test invite & fingerprints 2 Nov, test taken 7 Nov and completed on 10 Nov but updated on 2 Dec and it’s not updated on the tracker yet maybe tomorrow or day after it will update on the tracker.
BG completed on 23 May and I was asked for a copy of my I’d that was expired in Nov 2022 on 31st May and LPP completed on June 2 and I called IRCC today and found out that I am scheduled for a Virtual oath so I wish all of you guys a very best of luck for your applications and I hope all of us will be getting the updates soon.
Thanks and Regards
Jas
Congratulations! I'm Vancouver office too and my LPP completed a month ago. Did you got an update online regarding the virtual oath? or you just got that update by the phone?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
citizenship ceremony was held yesterday on zoom, and within 24 hours the citizenship certificate is available to download. Not bad.

Family's certificates came in the mail today. Took one week to arrive.
That’s great to hear that you have the certificate already! Now on to passport

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Congratulations! I'm Vancouver office too and my LPP completed a month ago. Did you got an update online regarding the virtual oath? or you just got that update by the phone?
Thanks and there is no update on the tracker yet but I called ircc yesterday and the agent told me about the oath and maybe it will be updated tomorrow on tracker because it takes 2 days to update on the tracker as per my experience.
Hope this helps and best of luck
Jas

Reactions: wvanderlinden