+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

esse

Jun 21, 2021
So average processing time has come down to 21 months now? A few months ago it had gone as high as 24 months.
It says so on the webpage. The funny thing is my representative says there is no way to write IRCC about upcoming travel plans. So want to have my Oath date scheduled so I don't have to rush back in case I get the invitation abroad. I have to travel sometime in August. Not possible to postpone my trip unfortunately. God knows what happens after the 21 months time period expires. Don't want to think about it and just keeping fingers crossed.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Thanks for sharing. What is criminality and security? Isn't background check the same thing? If we are all within the processing time of 21 months, will you contact IRCC after 21 months processing time is up? Hopefully we will all receive invitations soon.
I am not familiar with the terms.. I wil keep the communication open with the MP.. it think it’s a matter of when the officer will open my file again. Hopefully before the 21 month

Reactions: esse

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
It says so on the webpage. The funny thing is my representative says there is no way to write IRCC about upcoming travel plans. So want to have my Oath date scheduled so I don't have to rush back in case I get the invitation abroad. I have to travel sometime in August. Not possible to postpone my trip unfortunately. God knows what happens after the 21 months time period expires. Don't want to think about it and just keeping fingers crossed.
Let's hope you don't have to live through the "no news is good news period" anymore. It sucks IMO.

Currently Niagara Falls office is moving quickly. Where is your application?

And how about ordering GCMS notes? That might get the application moving

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Let's hope you don't have to live through the "no news is good news period" anymore. It sucks IMO.

Currently Niagara Falls office is moving quickly. Where is your application?

And how about ordering GCMS notes? That might get the application moving
I am with Scarborough Office. My representative said ordering the notes will not make a difference. On a positive note, my friend had to wait 6 months 23 days for his Oath invitation after the test. Based on his complete timeline, I am going to have my Oath sometime mid to end June. That would be a dream come true :) It took him 17 months to complete the process and get his passport. It has been 14 months for me from the date I submitted my application. Both of us are single, from Ontario and from the Scarborough office.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am with Scarborough Office. My representative said ordering the notes will not make a difference. On a positive note, my friend had to wait 6 months 23 days for his Oath invitation after the test. Based on his complete timeline, I am going to have my Oath sometime mid to end June. That would be a dream come true :) It took him 17 months to complete the process and get his passport. It has been 14 months for me from the date I submitted my application. Both of us are single, from Ontario and from the Scarborough office.
Ordering the notes is worth a try.

Ben789z

May 27, 2023
Please anyone reply to this thread - I got an ghost update in my portal shows "updated May 27 2023". I did not see any posts so far that had updates on the weekend. Anyone else received ghost update today?

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hello all, my oath is scheduled for June 8. Haven't received the email yet.

Family of 2, Paper application, Montreal office.
Application Sent: March 23, 2022
AOR: April 20, 2022
BG Completed: May 19, 2022
Test Completed: June 29, 2022
LPP Completed: May 19, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: In Progress

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Please anyone reply to this thread - I got an ghost update in my portal shows "updated May 27 2023". I did not see any posts so far that had updates on the weekend. Anyone else received ghost update today?
I received a ghost update a few days before my LPP got completed. Maybe it's good news? :)

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Anyone stuck at LPP who has taken the test 6 months ago or more? Did you receive any communication from IRCC? Thanks.

Last edited:

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
I had to reschedule my ceremony on 21st May because I was out of Canada. Now that I am back and emailed IRCC to reschedule, herewith their reply

"Thank you for informing us that you are back in Canada. Your application is in queue to be rescheduled for a ceremony and we cannot provide you with a specific time frame. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email. Please note this email inbox does not provide future event dates. You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application."

My PR is expiring in August and I have travel plans in July... Is there any advice to get a new oath date please? Thank you!!

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
I had to reschedule my ceremony on 21st May because I was out of Canada. Now that I am back and emailed IRCC to reschedule, herewith their reply

"Thank you for informing us that you are back in Canada. Your application is in queue to be rescheduled for a ceremony and we cannot provide you with a specific time frame. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email. Please note this email inbox does not provide future event dates. You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application."

My PR is expiring in August and I have travel plans in July... Is there any advice to get a new oath date please? Thank you!!
Unfortunately no way to expedite - you just have to wait. You can try raising a webform but there is no guarantee they will acknowledge or provide a date. Someone I know from Mississauga was in a similar situation - had his oath in Oct 2022 but asked for it to be moved as he was out of the country. He is still waiting for a new date. Your better bet is to just apply for PR renewal and indicate the situation with your oath and upcoming travel if you cannot avoid it.

Reactions: violetelegance

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Yes me. I'm exactly 6 months past the test. Still waiting for LPP. I ordered my GCMS notes but nothing on them looked unusual. So I wait. Crickets.
How long did it take you to get the GCMS notes and where did you order them from? Our timeline is very similar. Same day with the BG, test, except my office is Scarborough. Please post when you get any new updates. I will do the same.

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
6 months here too after test - nothing yet, the bots are sleeping I guess.
gcms took 1 month , ordered during strike , might be a different timeline now

• Love