+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
How long did it take you to get the GCMS notes and where did you order them from? Our timeline is very similar. Same day with the BG, test, except my office is Scarborough. Please post when you get any new updates. I will do the same.
I ordered the notes online. https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/request-information.html
It's a few steps and costs $5 but easy to do. I ordered April 14 and received it May 10.

Reactions: Jojo!86 and esse

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Yes me. I'm exactly 6 months past the test. Still waiting for LPP. I ordered my GCMS notes but nothing on them looked unusual. So I wait. Crickets.
I'm the same - over 6 months since the test, no LPP. I ordered GCMS notes yesterday so we'll see if there is anything... but not expecting it.

Reactions: LetSusan and esse

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I have a question for all of you guys. I want to call the 1-800 number of IRCC. For those who called them, were you able to talk to agent about your file? If you did, we were able to get specific info about your file. For instance, I want to ask which stage of LPP I am at or how long more do I have to wait on top of the 6 months that passed since my test. My representative is not able to see anything on the application tracker since November 28th and there no updates. I have to travel at the end of August and it is not possible to postpone it. I don't want to wait for the GMSC notes as it takes nearly 3-4 weeks. Thanks for your input.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have a question for all of you guys. I want to call the 1-800 number of IRCC. For those who called them, were you able to talk to agent about your file? If you did, we were able to get specific info about your file. For instance, I want to ask which stage of LPP I am at or how long more do I have to wait on top of the 6 months that passed since my test. My representative is not able to see anything on the application tracker since November 28th and there no updates. I have to travel at the end of August and it is not possible to postpone it. I don't want to wait for the GMSC notes as it takes nearly 3-4 weeks. Thanks for your input.
Yes you can ask specific question about your file. But if you ask for timeline they will ask you to wait as processing ETA is 21 months.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Yes you can ask specific question about your file. But if you ask for timeline they will ask you to wait as processing ETA is 21 months.
Thanks for your reply. I know the processing time is 21 months. So far everything on the tracker is green except the LPP and the Oath, On the website it says most applications get invited to ceremony 4-6 months after the test. There is a 2-3 week break due to strike. It has been nearly 15 months since the submission of the application. So, I have roughly until the end of December. If I get invitation to Oath while abroad, I will rush back to Canada to be here for the ceremony. I would like to get my passport and leave after that if I can help it.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I know the processing time is 21 months. So far everything on the tracker is green except the LPP and the Oath, On the website it says most applications get invited to ceremony 4-6 months after the test. There is a 2-3 week break due to strike. It has been nearly 15 months since the submission of the application. So, I have roughly until the end of December. If I get invitation to Oath while abroad, I will rush back to Canada to be here for the ceremony. I would like to get my passport and leave after that if I can help it.
I understand. My LPP is completed on 3rd Feb but they are not scheduling oath. Called, emailed, raised webform. Nothing helps.

• Love
Reactions: esse

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I’ve never found it helpful calling them! Always give you generic answers. I actually find that if you send an email, you have better luck of getting some answers than from the agent over the phone.

I also find a lot of them so inexperienced and extremely rude! Some are nice.
Have you tried raising a web form attaching your flight details etc?
There is a soo a link I got sent for urgent processing because I lost out on a job offer due to the process.
Ultimately, it doesn’t hurt to try contacting them through various channels and hope you get some updates soon.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I’ve never found it helpful calling them! Always give you generic answers. I actually find that if you send an email, you have better luck of getting some answers than from the agent over the phone.

I also find a lot of them so inexperienced and extremely rude! Some are nice.
Have you tried raising a web form attaching your flight details etc?
There is a soo a link I got sent for urgent processing because I lost out on a job offer due to the process.
Ultimately, it doesn’t hurt to try contacting them through various channels and hope you get some updates soon.
I have a representative on file. She recommended waiting patiently. I don't have the plane ticket yet. My rep also said, "there is nothing preventing you from leaving and coming back. So you can go if you want. Just make sure you are in Canada for the Oath."

Reasons for travel do not qualify for urgent processing in my case. I decided to wait a bit more due to the most recent strike and leave at the end of July. Hopefully, this might get resolved. It is a che sara sara situation. Fingers crossed for you too.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I understand. My LPP is completed on 3rd Feb but they are not scheduling oath. Called, emailed, raised webform. Nothing helps.
I read in this forum that it is 12 weeks after the LPP is complete. Your Oath invitation should come any day now.

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I was of the opinion that it was good or bad luck that determined if our applications were processed quickly or we would be subject to year long plus waits. I’m learning now that the IRCC uses AI they call advanced analytics to categorize and prioritize processing probably to get the most number of apps processed in the shortest time. AI does not decide apps but it may see an app that meets all requirements as less easy to process than another and put it into a slow lane that ultimately results in little or no backlog reduction and years long waits for the applicant. This isn’t fair with few exceptions applications should be processed in FIFO order. It’s the only way to reduce the backlogs and treat all applicants humanely. If the selective processing continues many will wait well beyond normal processing of 21 months.

Reactions: Jojo!86

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I was of the opinion that it was good or bad luck that determined if our applications were processed quickly or we would be subject to year long plus waits. I’m learning now that the IRCC uses AI they call advanced analytics to categorize and prioritize processing probably to get the most number of apps processed in the shortest time. AI does not decide apps but it may see an app that meets all requirements as less easy to process than another and put it into a slow lane that ultimately results in little or no backlog reduction and years long waits for the applicant. This isn’t fair with few exceptions applications should be processed in FIFO order. It’s the only way to reduce the backlogs and treat all applicants humanely. If the selective processing continues many will wait well beyond normal processing of 21 months.
this is very interesting and absolutely ridiculous. Not sure what is humanely about prolonging people’s application potentially leading them to lose money by way of jobs or important trips. Ah well what do I know?

how about an AI that processes first in first out and maybe moving non routine applications to slow lanes? That would be more humane.