+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

Aeria

Dec 5, 2022
Almost same timeline and in same boat. Just two differences 1)we got test invite in july 2022 and 2) my background verification is completed on 28th March 2023.
I am the same. I requested and got my GCMS notes (of course after filing complaints). The security part was redacted but the rest was fine. Criminality was passed. I think probably BG check could be the reason.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am the same. I requested and got my GCMS notes (of course after filing complaints). The security part was redacted but the rest was fine. Criminality was passed. I think probably BG check could be the reason.
How do you file complaint for not receiving GCMS notes?

SSDCA

Sep 21, 2015
Am I the only one who hasn't completed the LPP? I applied on March 21, 2022, received AOR on April 18, had my background check completed on November 1, took the test on November 22, and the last update (GU) was on March 2. There has been no further communication since then.
Im in the same boat :(

SSDCA

Sep 21, 2015
Hi team, I am still waiting to see any motion.. AOR 21st April, last update test result on 23rd Nov... since then no progress.... its really getting irritating to another level...

Not sure if anyone of you can answer this. Had ordered GCMS notes last Dec 2022. In the notes for each sections of Eligibility ( Prohibitions, Language, physical presence), there are details mentioned in the notes. There are also Due dates mentioned for each.. and the date mentioned is on 9th April 2023.

Does it mean they need to complete it prior to that?
We have similar timelines and i hate to say that our application is not moving.
I called the agent today and he said uptil now everything loooks good. the timeline is 23 months as on the website. thats it :(

Reactions: alexkan007

alexkan007

Oct 31, 2022
I am not exactly sure what is happening, but it seems that all of our files are most likely with the same officer who appears to be not doing their job properly. I am so frustrated! I called IRCC today, and guess what: they said our file is in the queue and the 23-month processing time has not been breached, so please wait. I mentioned that my wife applied at the same time and received her approval, and many forum members reported that even June applicants have received LPP and oath dates. However, the agent simply said, "Please wait..."

WTF....

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I am not exactly sure what is happening, but it seems that all of our files are most likely with the same officer who appears to be not doing their job properly. I am so frustrated! I called IRCC today, and guess what: they said our file is in the queue and the 23-month processing time has not been breached, so please wait. I mentioned that my wife applied at the same time and received her approval, and many forum members reported that even June applicants have received LPP and oath dates. However, the agent simply said, "Please wait..."

WTF....
Most of the online applicants who are waiting are from the month of November. I think the officer has taken a leave of absence or something happened and our applications are put on the back burner for some reason. I guess most of those November applications are from the Scarborough office as well. Sigh. My application was filed on March but the tracker shows April 2022. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait. Patience guys. We will get there.

Reactions: ub

sumeshpankajakshan

Nov 12, 2018
Most of the online applicants who are waiting are from the month of November. I think the officer has taken a leave of absence or something happened and our applications are put on the back burner for some reason. I guess most of those November applications are from the Scarborough office as well. Sigh. My application was filed on March but the tracker shows April 2022. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait. Patience guys. We will get there.
You are absolutely right.
This is the pattern I noticed for the ones stuck as well.
Test completed between Nov 21 and Nov 30
Office Scarborough

Reactions: esse and alexkan007

RF63

Jan 25, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Here are the final updates on my file (Vancouver Office):

March 11, 2022→ Application submitted
Apr 11, 2022 →AOR
Oct 24, 2022→ Background verification (completed)
Nov 7, 2022→Citizenship test scheduled
Nov 21, 2022→Citizenship test completed
Jan 6, 2023→ Scanned copies of passport pages (with translation) requested.
Jan 8, 2023→ Scanned copies of passport pages submitted.
Jan 23, 2023→ Prohibitions completed
Jan 23, 2023→ Physical presence completed
Jan 23, 2023→ Language skills completed
Feb 16, 2023→ Citizenship ceremony in progress
March 15, 2023→ Citizenship ceremony done (online)
March 21, 2023→ Citizenship oath status Completed.
March 23, 2023→ Congratulations! Citizenship application status: Closed
Reason:
We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
April 03, 2023→ Citizenship certificate received via mail (it took three weeks)

Thanks for all your help.

All the best and good luck to all of you