+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

heshamellisy

Oct 1, 2016
Did you have two passports(expired, new) during the 5 year period and is there a gap between the both? If yes they are asking an explanation of the same. Like why you did not renew before passport expired and also did you travel between the gap.
Max times you get FP before citizenship test. Rarely citizenship test happens before background completes.
I explained to them already, and it shows "

Additional information: Received

We received the documents you sent on March 28, 2022 and will review them shortly. We’ll contact you again if we need further information. Thank you!

"

THEN they asked for FP. Yet, it still shows the following on top of the portal.

Your next steps (1)

Send us additional information
Waiting on you
You need to submit additional information.
  • We sent you a letter or email asking for additional information.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions to continue with your application.

I don't know if it is bugged or this is normal, or am I suppose to do something extra here.

Called the office three times, they confirmed that they received the information and nothing seems needed from me at the moment.

My wife's application, with the Niagara Office, just had LPP completed on March 29th - about a month and a half after the test was completed. Please update in the tracker; thank you :)

Hoping Niagara Office is planning to schedule some Oath Ceremonies soon!

Reactions: smash1984

adaita

Mar 30, 2023
Physical Days: 1,102
Method: Paper
Applicants: Couple
Processing Office: Mississauga
Application sent: March 09, 2022
Delivered: March 15, 2022
AOR: Apr 02, 2022
FP Requested: May 24, 2022
FP Submitted: May 26, 2022
BG Verification: Completed - June 21, 2022
Test Invite: July 05, 2022 (Window: Jul 11 - Jul 31)
Test Taken: July 21, 2022
Citizenship Test: Completed - July 22, 2022
Language Skills: Completed - Oct 03, 2022
Physical Presence: Completed - Oct 03, 2022
Prohibitions: Completed - Oct 03, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: In Progress (Updated Nov 22, 2022)
Scheduled for Citizenship oath: Dec 01, 2022 (Re-scheduled, as out of country)
Citizenship Ceremony: In Progress (Updated March 02, 2023)
Re-scheduled for Citizenship oath: March 13, 2023
Citizenship Oath Status Updated: March 14, 2023
Citizenship Application Status: Closed: March 16, 2023

ShNi

Jul 22, 2018
Physical Days: 1300+
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Processing Office: Sydney NS
Application sent: March 14, 2022
AOR: Apr 14, 2022
Test Invite: October 27, 2022
Test Taken: November 25, 2022
Citizenship Test: November 27, 2022
BG Verification: In Progress
Language Skills: In Progress
Physical Presence: In Progress
Prohibitions: In Progress
I have talked with online representatives. They said my files are ok . No pending information.
Anybody in same boat with me? Sydney NS office seems very slow.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I explained to them already, and it shows "

Additional information: Received

We received the documents you sent on March 28, 2022 and will review them shortly. We’ll contact you again if we need further information. Thank you!

"

THEN they asked for FP. Yet, it still shows the following on top of the portal.

Your next steps (1)

Send us additional information
Waiting on you
You need to submit additional information.
  • We sent you a letter or email asking for additional information.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions to continue with your application.

I don't know if it is bugged or this is normal, or am I suppose to do something extra here.

Called the office three times, they confirmed that they received the information and nothing seems needed from me at the moment.
You have to wait in that case.

dhintana

Oct 1, 2018
I have talked with online representatives. They said my files are ok . No pending information.
Same boat

geegee1987

Mar 29, 2023
What country is your post sec education from?

Maybe they have to confirm it with the institute? I've wondered if that's what is holding mine up. I submitted my high school certificate from Australia as my evidence for language, from the year 2000. I imagine it would take time to confirm this with the Australian govt.
Canada and the United Kingdom

Hards_100

Dec 1, 2014
Mumbai
Hi team, I am still waiting to see any motion.. AOR 21st April, last update test result on 23rd Nov... since then no progress.... its really getting irritating to another level...

Not sure if anyone of you can answer this. Had ordered GCMS notes last Dec 2022. In the notes for each sections of Eligibility ( Prohibitions, Language, physical presence), there are details mentioned in the notes. There are also Due dates mentioned for each.. and the date mentioned is on 9th April 2023.

Does it mean they need to complete it prior to that?

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Hi team, I am still waiting to see any motion.. AOR 21st April, last update test result on 23rd Nov... since then no progress.... its really getting irritating to another level...

Not sure if anyone of you can answer this. Had ordered GCMS notes last Dec 2022. In the notes for each sections of Eligibility ( Prohibitions, Language, physical presence), there are details mentioned in the notes. There are also Due dates mentioned for each.. and the date mentioned is on 9th April 2023.

Does it mean they need to complete it prior to that?
Every application has it's own merits.. just relax and be patient.. I am almost at the end of the tunnel.. still waiting.. There's nothing we can do.. but waiting..

Last edited:
Reactions: Hards_100

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi all
I am an online applicant applied on 2 April 2022 AOR 22 April 2022 and my test completed on 10 Nov and FP request on 7 Nov send them on 10 Nov and they were received on 28 Nov and after that no updates just had a ghost update on Mar 2 2023
So I called ircc and find out that my application is non routine because of the FP request so it will be longer Time then usual 23 months so it means I will not see any movement till next year and it made me crawl under my skin and I have no words to explain my feelings
So can someone else had the fingerprints requested and get their application moving and how much time it took to get the oath invitation
Please help if someone can
Thanks
Jas

shubhu2233

May 9, 2018
Almost same timeline and in same boat. Just two differences 1)we got test invite in july 2022 and 2) my background verification is completed on 28th March 2023.