+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***March 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I got my email approval today morning. I hope you will get it soon . Does anyone know any help is appreciated!!
My wife lives in Egypt , and gave to birth to my kids in Egypt. My application will be sent to Nairobi, Kenya where she is not from there , and never went there in her life. Egypt has a Visa Office and I assume it’s less busy because Kenya has to accommodate other surrounding countries who don’t have a VO. Did that happen to anybody and what’s the reason behind that. I’m just confused when I have to submit my medicals or passport in the future and it might take longer because it’s in Kenya

Reactions: KATHIA08

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Did that happen to anybody and what’s the reason behind that. I’m just confused when I have to submit my medicals or passport in the future and it might take longer because it’s in Kenya
They are sending files to different offices (geographically) to manage staffing.

You would still give medicals, biometrics, etc., at whatever location is closest. Same for the passport request when the time comes.

Overall should be no effect on you, esp if the other office is less busy.

Reactions: singleman

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
They are sending files to different offices (geographically) to manage staffing.

You would still give medicals, biometrics, etc., at whatever location is closest. Same for the passport request when the time comes.

Overall should be no effect on you, esp if the other office is less busy.
Thank you for your prompt reply I really appreciate it! So Sydney assumes that Nairobi is less busy and have the staff currently to process my application rather than cairo . So I think that’s a good sign ? Is that so ?

moe.nassrat

Feb 28, 2021
Application Received : March 26
AOR1 : May 01
File Linked : May 02
Biometrics Requested : May 05
Sponsor Approved Letter : May 07 - In the SA letter it is mentioned that the file will be send to Cairo VO

Any idea when should I expect the medical request? How long the medical test is valid for?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your prompt reply I really appreciate it! So Sydney assumes that Nairobi is less busy and have the staff currently to process my application rather than cairo . So I think that’s a good sign ? Is that so ?
That seems to be how they're approaching, yes. Whether it's actually faster, no way to know in advance.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Anyone from India who manage to get the biometric recently? I got the request today and on website it showing all VACs are temporarily closed. Please assist if someone manage to get one.
It's going crazy all over . Best thing is to wait for the offices to re-open as those were closed in 2020 and we were worried too much but then suddenly those were opened. And she did Bio-metrics rt in India. Sending applicant out of India was another idea but was not worth it as even if we did biomet. everything is like to HALT. Applicants from APRIL 2020 R waiting for Sponsor's Approval. They are showing a 2 year's processing time on their link.

Reactions: ashraf07

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
That's true. Last year, I believe VFS was closed for nearly 3-4 months. And it's more likely to be similar or even more timeline for this time too.
Sadly the processing is going to be affected. Let's hope everyone stays safe and healthy during this difficult time.
It's going crazy all over . Best thing is to wait for the offices to re-open as those were closed in 2020 and we were worried too much but then suddenly those were opened. And she did Bio-metrics rt in India. Sending applicant out of India was another idea but was not worth it as even if we did biomet. everything is like to HALT. Applicants from APRIL 2020 R waiting for Sponsor's Approval. They are showing a 2 year's processing time on their link.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
1 year processing time is now a history :(
Due to Covid processing times are going up to 2 years. Let's hope this virus will be under control soon and things resume as they did in 2020.

Reactions: ashraf07