+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***March 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi guys,

Quick question. I was planning to send my application out this week, but I saw yesterday that IMM5532 has been updated. The previous version that my wife and I filled out was dated October 2020 and this new version is Feb 2021.

My wife has already signed and mailed me the forms, I am wondering if I can submit those or do I need to send in the newer version?

Does IRCC offer a grace period for people to use the existing version for people in such cases?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
My goodness i applied with the old form.
Didn't mean to scare anyone here, but I'm going to send the older version too.

They updated the form in February but the new version was only available a few days ago (I checked 2 weeks ago and there was no update)

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi guys,

Quick question. I was planning to send my application out this week, but I saw yesterday that IMM5532 has been updated. The previous version that my wife and I filled out was dated October 2020 and this new version is Feb 2021.

My wife has already signed and mailed me the forms, I am wondering if I can submit those or do I need to send in the newer version?

Does IRCC offer a grace period for people to use the existing version for people in such cases?
There is a grace period.

Reactions: sarvesh90

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi Amy! That definitely makes me feel better. Can you tell me where they have mentioned this? I tried finding this on the Complete Guide but I couldn't.
I don't think it is there, but many people on here have had the same issues. It is pretty understood on here that they usually give at least a good month grace period because of people mailing back and forth forms and taking a while to fill them all out and to collect needed items. With COVID and the fact that many of the recent changes have not really changed the content of the forms beyond a privacy statement, that they are less likely to send them back. However, it is not heard of for them to do so, but not so likely if it was just changed last month. I, myself, submitted documents in January that were updated back in March of last year that I did not realize was changed. They gave me AOR1, which I understand from others that it means they looked for typos, errors, missing info, signatures, and correct forms and will not send it back.

Reactions: gkat89

geekism

Jun 3, 2018
Hi guys,

Usually its the legal text that changes, did you get a chance to have a look at both versions for visible difference?