+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2021 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Ums96

Apr 15, 2021
hi guys, wow so glad this thread exists. our application was delivered on the 15th. I haven't been able to link to CIC website though.... having troubles. am I being impatient or is something potentially wrong? we didn't use a representative if that helps. thank you so much.
Same here! Delivered in Mississauga on 15 March and nothing has been updated.
After hearing the news that CIC is launching new PR program for essential workers and international students in May, It was thought to apply for it and cancel spouse sponsorship. But who knows the new program can also take a long long time like PNP? So I decided to close my eyes and sleep for a long time till the end of this long journey.

I heard that most of PA last June got AOR in Feb, 2021 and has started getting Decision Made in April, 2021, which means approximately it takes 6-8 months to get AOR and 2 months to be completed after AOR.
It would be better to think the way AOR is coming out in November in order to minimize your stress level.

Good luck for everyone here!

Reactions: sp_22

andrewcwilliams

Mar 25, 2019
Toronto
Hi plz can anyone tell me i am going to apply for PR and OWP and in envelope what should i put first and where to put OWP ? I am confused as i have to put checklist at the top.
Check the full guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#check

It says this should be the order:

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Check the full guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#check

It says this should be the order:

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.
thanks

Reactions: andrewcwilliams

XYZ2021

May 2, 2021
yeah! our marriage cert takes about 6 to 8 weeks fully registered since the vital event. that is the only document that were waiting and ready to submit. still very risky to submit our inland application without the marriage cert.
Hi Paul,
I guess we are on the same boat however I got my marriage certificate last year in Apr 2020. I would suggest you to wait until you get your marriage certificate. again its your decision. if you read carefully the document list then you will know that you need those all documents in order to submit the paper application. else they will send you whole package back. I did that mistake i forgot one document ( Spouce's Income tax doc.) then return my whole package back after 7 months. stating that your application is not complete. after that i sent back with that required doc and now its process as complete. Good Luck

elle_123

Jan 26, 2021
Hi. I have submitted my application sept 2020 and now receive an email from IRCC for medical. Does that mean my PR process is almost done. and if it is, how long is the average time frame before you get approve for PR. This is an inland application. Thank you.

harmeetmrg

Jan 17, 2021
Hi. I have submitted my application sept 2020 and now receive an email from IRCC for medical. Does that mean my PR process is almost done. and if it is, how long is the average time frame before you get approve for PR. This is an inland application. Thank you.
Hello,
Did you get an AOR before or directly an email for medical? can you pls let me know.

Aug 4, 2019
Hi,
We submitted our application for my husband in end of Feb for inland Family Class and was received at CPC, Sydney, Nova Scotia on the 5th March 2021.
Today is the 25th May and almost nearing 3 months. Just curious to know where and whom should I ask about the status of my application? And any tentative lead anyone has about the same?

harmeetmrg

Jan 17, 2021
Hi,
We submitted our application for my husband in end of Feb for inland Family Class and was received at CPC, Sydney, Nova Scotia on the 5th March 2021.
Today is the 25th May and almost nearing 3 months. Just curious to know where and whom should I ask about the status of my application? And any tentative lead anyone has about the same?
Even I submitted on 29th March and no updates till now. looks like March applns are moving very slowly, no AOR also till now. If anyone (from March appln group) has got an AOR or any other communication pls let us know at this Forum.

SAgeeki

Apr 14, 2021
APPLICATION UPDATE:
Applied for Inland Spousal application+OWP on 4th March
Application received by Daniel at Mississauga CPC on 5th march
Acknowledgement & Temporary File No. Received- 27th May

Bibbers268

May 28, 2021
Submitted application March 2021 with OWP - Wanted to ask others in the same situation how do you pass the time? As we are unable to work whilst application is being processed, what do you do?