+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2021 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

SAgeeki

Apr 14, 2021
Oh okay, so you will have to renew your spouse`s visitor visa every 6 months?
It depends on your visa expiry date. At the first visit it is either till it is mentioned on your entry stamp or if you haven't got any stamp it is implied you can stay for 6 months. Next expiry on renewal will depend on how long they allow you to stay when you request for extension. In some cases it could be 6 months in others it could be lesser. So you need to apply for extension every time you approach your expiry date.

PJ26

May 11, 2021
Has anyone received their OWP yet? The tracker online says that they're finalizing most applications received between March 7th and 13th, however the excel tracker hasn't recorded any OWP being finalized.

vero9000

Mar 3, 2021
Has anyone received their OWP yet? The tracker online says that they're finalizing most applications received between March 7th and 13th, however the excel tracker hasn't recorded any OWP being finalized.
Which tracker? I'm not expecting an OWP for another couple of months.

PJ26

May 11, 2021
Which tracker? I'm not expecting an OWP for another couple of months.

I was looking at this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

From the drop down selections - What did you apply for? Work Permit, then again What did you apply for? Work Permit Inside Canada (Initial, extension or change of conditions), then How did you apply? Paper

It then says that applications submitted between March 7 and 13th are being finalized.

vero9000

Mar 3, 2021
I was looking at this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

From the drop down selections - What did you apply for? Work Permit, then again What did you apply for? Work Permit Inside Canada (Initial, extension or change of conditions), then How did you apply? Paper

It then says that applications submitted between March 7 and 13th are being finalized.
Is that accurate for sponsorship OWP though? Since it's one application and not a separate OWP application.

Usually the OWP takes at least 5-6 months, no?

PJ26

May 11, 2021
Is that accurate for sponsorship OWP though? Since it's one application and not a separate OWP application.
I'm not 100% sure. The general timeline for OWP with spousal application is 4 months based on what was done in the past. It seems to be somewhat in line with that timing, a little quicker. However the excel tracker doesn't show any, or very little, OWP finalized for 2021. So not sure if this is accurate, but really hoping so!

vero9000

Mar 3, 2021
I'm not 100% sure. The general timeline for OWP with spousal application is 4 months based on what was done in the past. It seems to be somewhat in line with that timing, a little quicker. However the excel tracker doesn't show any, or very little, OWP finalized for 2021. So not sure if this is accurate, but really hoping so!
Do you mean 4 months for the OWP only? Seems a little quick, especially due to covid

I checked the spreadsheet for 2020 and appl for September 2020 and a few for October 2020 has got it in late May or early June. I'm hoping it'll be quick but not expecting it

Last edited:

PJ26

May 11, 2021
Do you mean 4 months for the OWP only? Seems a little quick, especially due to covid

I checked the spreadsheet for 2020 and appl for September 2020 and a few for October 2020 has got it in late May or early June. I'm hoping it'll be quick but not expecting it

Yes, just for OWP (part of PR spousal sponsorship application) - the Govt. of Canada website states approximately 4 months to process the OWP component. It may very well be delayed due to COVID-19 however I figured that the tracker that was showing OWP inland applications (paper based) may be up to date. It doesn't seem that way though if no-one from 2021 has received anything :(

vero9000

Mar 3, 2021
Yes, just for OWP (part of PR spousal sponsorship application) - the Govt. of Canada website states approximately 4 months to process the OWP component. It may very well be delayed due to COVID-19 however I figured that the tracker that was showing OWP inland applications (paper based) may be up to date. It doesn't seem that way though if no-one from 2021 has received anything :(
Well that's just on this forum, I'm sure there's lots of people who apply who's not on here. But still, I wouldn't have my hopes up too high unfortunately. But if immigrations make a push and it arrives sooner rather than later, I'll happily start working

Reactions: PJ26

Zoe.C

Feb 5, 2021
Hi everyone,
Just curious that has anyone sent the application in the mid of Mar 2021 and haven't heard anything nor AOR yet?

I saw on the google sheet that seems a lot of people have got their AOR already...I'm planning to make a call tomorrow though.

vero9000

Mar 3, 2021
Hi everyone,
Just curious that has anyone sent the application in the mid of Mar 2021 and haven't heard anything nor AOR yet?

I saw on the google sheet that seems a lot of people have got their AOR already...I'm planning to make a call tomorrow though.
I was early march and got the AOR, and according to the spreadsheet it looks like mid-march has got their AOR too. Obviously the spreadsheet doesn't reflect reality since not everyone is on here, but it does look like most has gotten theirs so I would def make a call

Last edited:

Rydgar

Oct 21, 2016
My in-land spousal application was received on March 1, 2021 (we have the tracking number) and I have not received any response whatsoever. I gave a call to the immigration line and they stated they can see the payment was processed but there is nothing there on their system whether it was returned or otherwise. Very frustrating and I'm not sure what further steps I could take.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
My in-land spousal application was received on March 1, 2021 (we have the tracking number) and I have not received any response whatsoever. I gave a call to the immigration line and they stated they can see the payment was processed but there is nothing there on their system whether it was returned or otherwise. Very frustrating and I'm not sure what further steps I could take.
You can try sending a webform. But unfortunately immigration (especially inland family sponsorship) is months behind schedule. They are slowly catching up...but for most AOR does not come for 5-6 months now. Sometimes longer.

Reactions: Rydgar

Ajay0616

Jun 21, 2021
Hey everyone, we submitted our spousal application in February and received 2 AORs with temporary application numbers just telling me that it’s in process to be reviewed and that it’s in queue. I feel like it’s been forever. No status update since May :( I want to say this temporary app number is a good sign but I have no clue how long till we get the work permit.