nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Hi there! I finally got my invitation to take the citizenship test.
I have a few questions around timing. I need to travel out of the country in late March and will be gone for 3 weeks.
Assuming I pass the citizenship test, how soon should I expect an invitation to the Oath Ceremony? Is this a virtual event? If this is the case could I theoretically attend it from overseas?

I'm a bit worried about timing as my understanding is after the oath ceremony in order to leave the country I would need to apply for a Canadian passport which would take some additional time.

Arjen1980

Dec 5, 2015
Feb 10, 2022

Final Update: Invited for Oath Ceremony March 4, 2022.

Thanks everyone in this forum for the support. Great to have a place to learn from other peoples experiences. For everyone still in process best of luck as you complete this part of the journey. :)

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,634
App Sent Date: March 27, Online
App Delivered Date: March 27
AOR: August 19,2021
Oct 27: test invite + passport page request
Nov 14: test completed, passed
Feb 3, 2022: Language, Prohibitions etc completed.

Last edited:

alexo21

Mar 5, 2021
Hello Everyone, anybody is having Windsor office processing his or her application? Test is done since September and FP updated BG to completed on OCT 21 and since that date no updates, any suggestions?

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a few questions around timing. I need to travel out of the country in late March and will be gone for 3 weeks.
Assuming I pass the citizenship test, how soon should I expect an invitation to the Oath Ceremony? Is this a virtual event? If this is the case could I theoretically attend it from overseas?

I'm a bit worried about timing as my understanding is after the oath ceremony in order to leave the country I would need to apply for a Canadian passport which would take some additional time.
I think you will be safe assuming you are gone for 3 weeks only .. Typically it can take about a week for citizenship test results to be updated and then about 1 - 2 months before prohibitions ,physical presence ,language skills to be updated .It's different for everybody but this is the general timeline. Also you get an oath which is usually scheduled 3 weeks after you get an update .Hope this helps.

Reactions: nmuntz

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Guys,

I have a question, I moved to another address recently, I changed my address(Via Webform) today, my Oath Ceremony is scheduled for March.04.2022, does it have any problem with these changes or not?
I can't contribute much to this as I am not at this stage yet, but it appears that the officer will ask to provide or verify the address to where the certificate should be sent, therefore you can make sure that the address is the correct one. Or call IRCC, you will need to try at 8:00 am sharp (local time) and insist until you get to talk to an agent, they can update your address or make sure they have updated it already with the web form you had submitted.

Reactions: Amirfarhad

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015

I couldn't find the information in the spreadsheet, but the timeline varies based on the local office processing your application and if it is online or Paper application. In general, after citizenship test it takes around 2 - 4 months to receive Oath ceremony invitation and you need to be in Canadian soil to take the Oath as you will cut your PR card in front of the judge / officer and will need to have a Canadian passport to return to Canada. Hope this helps

Reactions: nmuntz

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Feb 10, 2022

Final Update: Invited for Oath Ceremony March 4, 2022.

Thanks everyone in this forum for the support. Great to have a place to learn from other peoples experiences. For everyone still in process best of luck as you complete this part of the journey. :)

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,634
App Sent Date: March 27, Online
App Delivered Date: March 27
AOR: August 19,2021
Oct 27: test invite + passport page request
Nov 14: test completed, passed
Feb 3, 2022: Language, Prohibitions etc completed.
Congratulations!!! Could you please let us know once you receive the Oath invite email? Thanks

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Providing my update after a long time. Since my last post, i was asked for additional information, fingerprints and scheduled for citizenship test

Latest Update:
Physical Presence Days:1176
Application: 2 single applications ( online);
Application Submitted Online: March 22, 2021
Fingerprints submitted- 16th Nov, 2021
Test passed for both applicants- 4th Dec, 2021
Current Status- In Progress
update to my profile. Everything's marked complete today. The update took almost 3 months since the last one. My Application still in progress.

My wife's application has only one section marked as complete. We had submitted our applications together online. I hope within a week, her file would be marked complete too.

I believe in a week or two will receive oath invite.

to candidates who are waiting for updates, have patience and best of luck for your application.

Last edited:

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
I think you will be safe assuming you are gone for 3 weeks only .. Typically it can take about a week for citizenship test results to be updated and then about 1 - 2 months before prohibitions ,physical presence ,language skills to be updated .It's different for everybody but this is the general timeline. Also you get an oath which is usually scheduled 3 weeks after you get an update .Hope this helps.
Thank you very much!

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
I can't contribute much to this as I am not at this stage yet, but it appears that the officer will ask to provide or verify the address to where the certificate should be sent, therefore you can make sure that the address is the correct one. Or call IRCC, you will need to try at 8:00 am sharp (local time) and insist until you get to talk to an agent, they can update your address or make sure they have updated it already with the web form you had submitted.
Thanks

Finley

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-05-16, CoPR 20-05-16
Hi Guys, I was out of the country when i was invited to the Oath Ceremony. It was scheduled for the 12th of January I thought about flying back for it but I was waiting on a PR Travel Document. I emailed the address that was given to let them know I could not attended and only got the automated email response. Since then I emailed the Montreal office but haven't heard back. Does anyone know how long it takes to get re invited or is there a new process I have to follow or an office I should be calling? Thanks.

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Hi all,

Still waiting for Oath taking schedule still at Decision Made as of Oct 29.

May need to travel back to the mother land in April (3weeks) and July (3weeks)

Worst case scenario I know I cant take oath outside of Canada right? In case Oath taking schedule is for April and/or July while I'm outside, am I allowed to defer oath taking (maybe even twice) until I'm back from my trips?