+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hi all,

Still waiting for Oath taking schedule still at Decision Made as of Oct 29.

May need to travel back to the mother land in April (3weeks) and July (3weeks)

Worst case scenario I know I cant take oath outside of Canada right? In case Oath taking schedule is for April and/or July while I'm outside, am I allowed to defer oath taking (maybe even twice) until I'm back from my trips?
have you tried communicating with your local MP?

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
Hi all,

Worst case scenario I know I cant take oath outside of Canada right? In case Oath taking schedule is for April and/or July while I'm outside, am I allowed to defer oath taking (maybe even twice) until I'm back from my trips?
Yes you can take your Oath outside if you have very valid reasons.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
update to my profile. Everything's marked complete today. The update took almost 3 months since the last one. My Application still in progress.

My wife's application has only one section marked as complete. We had submitted our applications together online. I hope within a week, her file would be marked complete too.

I believe in a week or two will receive oath invite.

to candidates who are waiting for updates, have patience and best of luck for your application.
Congratulations!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi all,

As far as I know and information other applicants have shared, Oath can not be taken outside of Canada, you have to be on Canadian soil. Also during Oath the PR card will be cut and the applicant will no longer be a PR instead the status change to Canadian Citizen, therefore the need to have a Canadian passport or any travel document that will allow you to re enter Canada. Oath can be differ to a later date.

harsha6269

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
june 1 2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Med's Done....
13 june 2018
any scarborough office paper applicants from march , stuck at test completed and rest all in progress. i completed my test in september since then no updates.

Reactions: msatishxp

André Lima

Feb 13, 2022
I couldn't find the information in the spreadsheet, but the timeline varies based on the local office processing your application and if it is online or Paper application. In general, after citizenship test it takes around 2 - 4 months to receive Oath ceremony invitation and you need to be in Canadian soil to take the Oath as you will cut your PR card in front of the judge / officer and will need to have a Canadian passport to return to Canada. Hope this helps
Hi, can’t you travel with the passport of the country you were born?

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion ...NO.. you have to land in Canada with correct status.. one some other passport you will land as temporary visitor when your true status is permanent resident .. Only other way to land would be Permanent resident travel document.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Yes you can leave Canada with your home country passport just as you are doing now, but when you return you need to have your PR to re-enter Canada. After the Oath you are no longer considered a PR, you have become a Canadian Citizen, therefore you need your Canadian Passport to enter Canada. Unless you are a USA Citizen, I think in that case you can use your USA Passport to enter Canada.

Reactions: Fpm800

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
update to my profile. Everything's marked complete today. The update took almost 3 months since the last one. My Application still in progress.

My wife's application has only one section marked as complete. We had submitted our applications together online. I hope within a week, her file would be marked complete too.

I believe in a week or two will receive oath invite.

to candidates who are waiting for updates, have patience and best of luck for your application.
Received oath invite today

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Its been 3 months since all status got completed . Oath - not started .
Mississauga office ..
Anyone like me or just me ?
Is there a thread for Mississauga Office applicants ? .