+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I have requested for atip/gcms notes in December. It's been two months without any response. I have sent a mail to ATIP but no response yet.

How can I file a complain? As I as I know there's a way to file a complain if ATiP not released without proper explanation.
This is the link to present your complaint about ATIP and here it is the link to the form

https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/report-a-concern/file-a-formal-privacy-complaint/file-a-complaint-about-a-federal-institution/

Complaints
If you have questions about your request or the response you receive, you may contact the ATIP Coordinator of the institution to which you submitted your request. (List of Access to Information and Privacy Coordinators (opens new window))

If you are not satisfied with how your access to information request is processed or with the records you receive, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (opens new window).

If you are not satisfied with how your personal information request is processed, with the information you receive, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (opens new window).

Both Commissioners receive and independently investigate complaints from requesters on any matter related to access to records held by government institutions subject to the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act. They may also initiate or intervene in court proceedings where necessary. They are required to report annually to Parliament on their activities and may issue a special report to Parliament at any time on any important topic that falls within their powers, duties and functions.

Last edited:
Reactions: ts270890

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hello you can update tracker took my second test and passed it, ID picture was better but still blurry hopefully they accept it and my application moves forward email second test January 18 window to take the test was January 21st to February 10 took the test February 6th and passed

Reactions: MissLC

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
This is the link to present your complaint about ATIP and here it is the link to the form

https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/report-a-concern/file-a-formal-privacy-complaint/file-a-complaint-about-a-federal-institution/

Complaints
If you have questions about your request or the response you receive, you may contact the ATIP Coordinator of the institution to which you submitted your request. (List of Access to Information and Privacy Coordinators (opens new window))

If you are not satisfied with how your access to information request is processed or with the records you receive, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (opens new window).

If you are not satisfied with how your personal information request is processed, with the information you receive, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (opens new window).

Both Commissioners receive and independently investigate complaints from requesters on any matter related to access to records held by government institutions subject to the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act. They may also initiate or intervene in court proceedings where necessary. They are required to report annually to Parliament on their activities and may issue a special report to Parliament at any time on any important topic that falls within their powers, duties and functions.
Thanks. As always you are very helpful.

Reactions: Strongfaith42

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello you can update tracker took my second test and passed it, ID picture was better but still blurry hopefully they accept it and my application moves forward email second test January 18 window to take the test was January 21st to February 10 took the test February 6th and passed
Congratulations on passing the test, I have updated the spreadsheet.

Sumit Edwards

Jun 21, 2017
Anyone from Ottawa who has submitted the Paper application in March'21 and yet awaiting for the Test dates ? After the Background verification in June, I have not heard anything. It will be almost one years soon since my submission. Anyone ?

Last edited:

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Anyone from Ottawa who has submitted the Paper application in March'21 and yet awaiting for the Test dates ? After the Background verification in June, I have not heard anything. It will be almost one years soon since my submission. Anyone ?
Unfortunately, there is no straight answer to processing times, I am a paper applicant as well and waited 8 months to get a test invitation after IP my office is Calgary. There is a big discrepancy between paper and online processing times and the local office processing your application plays a key role as well. Have you called IRCC to ask about the status of your application or send a web form or request ATIP/GCMS notes? I understand the frustration I was there until yesterday when my dashboard was updated with the citizenship test window information, but waiting patiently is all we can do! Hopefully, you will hear from them soon.

Reactions: Adeelsyed

Sumit Edwards

Jun 21, 2017
Unfortunately, there is no straight answer to processing times, I am a paper applicant as well and waited 8 months to get a test invitation after IP my office is Calgary. There is a big discrepancy between paper and online processing times and the local office processing your application plays a key role as well. Have you called IRCC to ask about the status of your application or send a web form or request ATIP/GCMS notes? I understand the frustration I was there until yesterday when my dashboard was updated with the citizenship test window information, but waiting patiently is all we can do! Hopefully, you will hear from them soon.
Always appreciate your response @Strongfaith42 . Thank you..
No, I did not call IRCC yet as the processing time mentioned per their website is 18 months now. But, I will call them sometime this week.
Congratulations to you and good luck with the test. God bless !

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
To God be the Glory!!!! Finally, my family and I have been invited to take the citizenship test, the update was today Feb 7 in the dashboard and the test window is from Feb 14 to March 7. We will be taking it on Monday, Feb 14!!! Keep the faith, if you are still waiting it will come very soon!!! :)
Congrats!!! So happy for you and your family.

Reactions: Strongfaith42

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Strongfaith42, did you receive an email regarding your request for the test or did you only see it after checking your online status? I don't check my status regularly...

GG07

May 3, 2019
Ottawa paper application family, no response

Reactions: Sumit Edwards

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Strongfaith42, did you receive an email regarding your request for the test or did you only see it after checking your online status? I don't check my status regularly...
The test window showed in the Dashboard yesterday Feb 7, no email or notification is sent at this point. Today, 1 day later I received the 4 emails with the test invite details and information, as I am the representative for all family members, the 4 emails were sent to me, the other member is a minor therefore exempt from the test. Hope this helps.