+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Amen!
Hopefully it will be soon.
I’ve seen some folks get in a week. Some waited for more than 4 months. Again this is Montreal office, we just don’t know what they are going to action the files. I hope both you guys get out this week.

aj_modulus

Jan 14, 2019
If you have received test invite you can find the local processing office in the email address from where the invite came, if you have not received the test invite you can try calling IRCC or getting ATIP/GCMS notes, for the last one it is taking from 30 to 60 days to receive them. But if you are in Calgary your local office might be Calgary which is one of the slowest offices to send test invites to paper applicants. I am a Calgary applicant as well and I am not expecting to receive the test invite this year, I think they had recently started to send test invites to 2020 September citizenship applicants, which means it will take them another 6-7 months to get to us.
I'm in Calgary, got the test invite and passport request from the MTL office.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
New Update: Prohibitions, Physical Presence, Language skills changed to Completed on November 9th.
Visa Office- Montreal
@jackbauer any update on your application?
Perfect timing buddy, Got an email from Montreal office agent today saying my grant of citizenship has been approved. Oath to follow in the next few days/weeks. The status tracker still shows everything except background/test in process. Likely that Scarborough office responds with an oath invite soon.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I'm in Calgary, got the test invite and passport request from the MTL office.
Oh wow, that is good news, at least you are seeing some movement with your application. Online applications seem to be following a different pattern than paper applications. What is the test window? When did you receive the test invite and PP request? When was your background verification completed? Please let us know when you have completed the test.

Thanks for the update.

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Perfect timing buddy, Got an email from Montreal office agent today saying my grant of citizenship has been approved. Oath to follow in the next few days/weeks. The status tracker still shows everything except background/test in process. Likely that Scarborough office responds with an oath invite soon.
Awesome! Congratulations. :)

Reactions: Strongfaith42

One989

Sep 25, 2016
Hello, I am in Montreal, got all my application sections changed to completed except for the Citizenship Ceremony which is still showing Not Started

Here is my Timeline:

Application Received: March 27, 2021 (Online Application)
AOR: August 18, 2021
Test Invite and Request Letter to submit Passport(s) Pages: Oct 20, 2021
I took the Citizenship Test on Oct 23, 2021
Citizenship Test activity status updated to completed on October 25, 2021
Prohibitions, Physical Presence, Language skills updated to completed on November 5, 2021

Any idea if this means that the decision has been made or not because my citizenship application status is still showing In Progress which is a bit confusing to me!

Also, any idea on the approximate time frame for the oath invite ?

Last edited:

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello, I am in Montreal, got all my application sections changed to completed except for the Citizenship Ceremony which is still showing Not Started

Here is my Timeline:

Application Received: March 27, 2021 (Online Application)
AOR: August 18, 2021
Test Invite and Request Letter to submit Passport(s) Pages: Oct 20, 2021
I took the Citizenship Test on Oct 23, 2021
Citizenship Test activity status updated to completed on October 25, 2021
Prohibitions, Physical Presence, Language skills updated to completed on November 5, 2021

Any idea if this means that the decision has been made or not because my citizenship application status is still showing In Progress which is a bit confusing to me!

Also, any idea on the approximate time frame for the oath invite ?
It means decision has been made. Congratulations. You shall receive an oath invite in the coming days. Hopefully by the end of this month. :)

Reactions: fkbrun and One989

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
“You should expect to receive the invitation for the oath from the Montreal's office, before the end of this month. The ceremony will take place virtually.”

Got another email from Montreal office today. Test completed on 21 Oct, updated to complete on Same day. Nothing in the tracker yet but I guess I can believe the agent’s words. It would be wonderful if we share the same Oath @fkbrun @Cynicalmonk @One989