+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well in these difficult times.

I have a quick question: So I received my Citizenship Test Invite on October 19, 2021 and also included was a Request Letter to submit colour copies of all Passports and travel document pages held within my 5 year eligibility period. (The email came from MTL (guessing Montreal Office))

Q.1: I Responded to the request for Passport Copy on October 25, 2021 by replying to the same email that the invite came from as per the Request Letter. I did not receive any confirmation email or auto-generated response back from the Montreal Office or IRCC confirming receipt of the requested documents.
My question is: Did anyone receive any confirmation response or email from MTL office or IRCC after they submitted the Passport Copies via email?

Q.2: Completed my Citizenship Test on November 5, 2021 and application tracker updated on November 8 as completed for Citizenship Test.
My question is: How long after the test update does one receive further updates?

My Profile:
- Online App Submitted : March 13, 2021
- AOR: August 13, 2021
- Background Verification Completed: October 1, 2021
- Test Invite and PP Request Letter: October 19, 2021
- Response to Request Letter: October 25, 2021
- Test Passed: November 5, 2021
- Test Completed Status update: November 8, 2021
- Language: In process
- Physical Presence: In process
- Prohibitions: In process
- Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Any response to my Q1 and Q2 will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and all the best for your process.
Nikhil

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
My tracker has just been updated and I have been scheduled to attend my citizenship ceremony on December 3, 2021 :)
Hey friend: quick question; Did you get any response back confirming receipt of your Passport Copies when you emailed it to the processing office? thanks

fkbrun

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
He
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question: So I received my Citizenship Test Invite on October 19, 2021 and also included was a Request Letter to submit colour copies of all Passports and travel document pages held within my 5 year eligibility period. (The email came from MTL (guessing Montreal Office))

Q.1: I Responded to the request for Passport Copy on October 25, 2021 by replying to the same email that the invite came from as per the Request Letter. I did not receive any confirmation email or auto-generated response back from the Montreal Office or IRCC confirming receipt of the requested documents.
My question is: Did anyone receive any confirmation response or email from MTL office or IRCC after they submitted the Passport Copies via email?

Q.2: Completed my Citizenship Test on November 5, 2021 and application tracker updated on November 8 as completed for Citizenship Test.
My question is: How long after the test update does one receive further updates?

My Profile:

Nikhil
Hello Nikhil,

it was the same for me. I sent the scanned passports and no reply. A few weeks later I got the statuses updated in the tracker.

you should have your language, prohibitions and physical presence status updated in the upcoming days/weeks, and the oath scheduled not long after.

I am still waiting for my oath to be scheduled, but from the other people that have similar timelines, I should get mine in the upcoming days

Reactions: nik088

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
He

Hello Nikhil,

it was the same for me. I sent the scanned passports and no reply. A few weeks later I got the statuses updated in the tracker.

you should have your language, prohibitions and physical presence status updated in the upcoming days/weeks, and the oath scheduled not long after.

I am still waiting for my oath to be scheduled, but from the other people that have similar timelines, I should get mine in the upcoming days
Thank you so much for your reply. So my only concern is that and i know i should have double and triple checked before emailing the passport: they mentioned file size limit of 5 MB and i was just randomly checking my emails etc and when i looked at the file size is sent to MTL office it was 8.4MB. Should I respond back again now with a reduced file size or just wait to hear back from them? Will this affect the process of my application? I know it's a tough one to answer but anyways. Cheers!

fkbrun

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply. So my only concern is that and i know i should have double and triple checked before emailing the passport: they mentioned file size limit of 5 MB and i was just randomly checking my emails etc and when i looked at the file size is sent to MTL office it was 8.4MB. Should I respond back again now with a reduced file size or just wait to hear back from them? Will this affect the process of my application? I know it's a tough one to answer but anyways. Cheers!
I really don't know.
You could try to reply to the email and ask them to confirm and explain what happened. Someone should read that email :)

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
Hey guys, just got an update on the site saying I've been scheduled to take the oath on Dec 3rd!

Don't have my details in the tracker, so kindly add me OP. :)

Physical Presence Days: 1115
Application: Single/Family and number of applicants: Single, 1
Application sent: March 22, 2021
Delivered: March 24, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: March 22, 2016, to March 21, 2021
AOR: August 24, 2021
Test Invite: September 29, 2021
Test: October 11, 2021
Decision Made: November 3, 2021
Oath Letter Date: *expecting it soon
Oath Ceremony: December 3, 2021

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
Hello everyone,

My Profile:

Nikhil
Hi Dude,

I am in the same boat, I completed and updated my test on Oct.29.2021 and I sent my PP on Oct.27.2021, I applied from Vancouver but it seems my files are in MTL, I called them last week and the operator told me your passport copies on file now, but still I am waiting for my Prohibitions,Language and Physical Presence update.

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
Hey guys, just got an update on the site saying I've been scheduled to take the oath on Dec 3rd!

Don't have my details in the tracker, so kindly add me OP. :)

Physical Presence Days: 1115
Application: Single/Family and number of applicants: Single, 1
Application sent: March 22, 2021
Delivered: March 24, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: March 22, 2016, to March 21, 2021
AOR: August 24, 2021
Test Invite: September 29, 2021
Test: October 11, 2021
Decision Made: November 3, 2021
Oath Letter Date: *expecting it soon
Oath Ceremony: December 3, 2021
Congratulations!

Reactions: miminicest

JBZZS

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received updates in my tracker and everything is now showing as complete except Ceremony as not started yet. In Old ECAS it’s status also shows as “Decision Made”. The same is for my spouse.

However, for my kids (below 18) , everything was in process till yesterday and now Prohibitions showing as complete while rest are “in process” and Test + Ceremony “not started”. Also on ECAS it still shows “in process” for them. I understand there will be no test and no language and physical presence for them … but shouldn’t everything appear as complete and ECAS to be turned to Decision Made?

Is it normal? Any thoughts?