+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Is there a number to call to check the status of my application? I can see that many (who applied later than me) have started receiving test dates but I only have background check completed in the system.
telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) They have allocated some resources to attend the Afghan cases, so you will probably have to be persistent and call many times to get to an agent. The agent will be able to see what the dashboard is showing to you.

Timing varies as per your local office processing the application, some offices are quicker than others.

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
The local office is indicated in the email address from where you received the test invite email, there are three letters after DN, if the three letters are MIS (Mississauga) or SCR (Scarborough), NFL (Niagara Falls), etc.
Awesome!

Im Mississauga office.

Thanks!

Reactions: Strongfaith42

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Mine is also the MTL office. I got all sections completed today, exactly one month after my test was completed. That didn’t feel so slow. Let’s see if the oath invitation will be long from now :)
I wish hope & pray you get an oath invite soon my friend, us to follow in your heels. But I’m not getting my hopes up on this office until I get my oath.

07collian*

Aug 11, 2021
Hey everyone!
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Solo
Application sent: March 23rd, 2021 (Online)
AOR - 18th August 2021
Invitation to online test - 3rd November 2021
Completed test - 5th November

Now just going to wait. Took the test within 48 hours notice. Big fan of the Richmond public library questions, the Canada citizenship app (well worth the $1.99 for one week) and the discover Canada reading itself. It's also on YouTube if you want to listen at 1.5x.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hey everyone!
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Solo
Application sent: March 23rd, 2021 (Online)
AOR - 18th August 2021
Invitation to online test - 3rd November 2021
Completed test - 5th November

Now just going to wait. Took the test within 48 hours notice. Big fan of the Richmond public library questions, the Canada citizenship app (well worth the $1.99 for one week) and the discover Canada reading itself. It's also on YouTube if you want to listen at 1.5x.
Spreadsheet updated!!!

lildor10

May 20, 2021
telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) They have allocated some resources to attend the Afghan cases, so you will probably have to be persistent and call many times to get to an agent. The agent will be able to see what the dashboard is showing to you.

Timing varies as per your local office processing the application, some offices are quicker than others.
Thank you very much

Reactions: sjgolfer014

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
Hello everyone.

my tracker got updated today:
Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions are completed.
Only thing left is the Oath Ceremony.

I hope the oath invitation arrives quickly. From the spreadsheet, the timing for invitation seems to be all over the place - some get invited a couple days or weeks later, some are still waiting after months…

the office processing my application is Montreal :)
Hi, wondering how did you know your office is Montreal? anywhere to find the information?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi, wondering how did you know your office is Montreal? anywhere to find the information?
If you have received test invite you can find the local processing office in the email address from where the invite came, if you have not received the test invite you can try calling IRCC or getting ATIP/GCMS notes, for the last one it is taking from 30 to 60 days to receive them. But if you are in Calgary your local office might be Calgary which is one of the slowest offices to send test invites to paper applicants. I am a Calgary applicant as well and I am not expecting to receive the test invite this year, I think they had recently started to send test invites to 2020 September citizenship applicants, which means it will take them another 6-7 months to get to us.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My citizenship test has been updated as completed on November 1st (gave test on oct 30th)

Also my test email came from this address:
IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

which office is it from?
I have updated the spreadsheet, well some others have received test invites from that email address and it is different from the paper applicants, it appears they have a different email address for online applicants, it is hard to tell which is the office.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I have updated the spreadsheet, well some others have received test invites from that email address and it is different from the paper applicants, it appears they have a different email address for online applicants, it is hard to tell which is the office.
Sounds good. Thank you!